It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed hate group met at Texas mosque protest by gun-toting worshipers.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: SudoNim

When a toddler shoots and kills themselves or another person is that considered a "violent crime"? Or do you just avoid those data sets?

No, I address them directly.

You can see that by simply going to the threads listed in my signature. These occurrences are rare, though they stem from negligence, when it comes to guns I don't believe in accidents.

I don't really want to go through your threads, but the point being made was about guns being an issue. You decided to talk about violent crime and use that as a counter point. The fact that more Americans are killed by toddlers with guns than are killed by terrorists last year is a point on its own. To say gun violence is at a new low and falling sounds good right? However it started at such an astronomical height that even though its falling its still embarrassingly huge. It's like a serial killer going from 8 kills a year to 5, do you want praise for that?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

You would be wrong on this point as well.

You're conflating issues that have little to do with each other when viewed objectively.

Guns are but objects. They don't do anything on their own.

It also isn't at a new low. It has been on the decline for decades now despite increased gun ownership. A point that seems to be lost on you.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

You would be wrong on this point as well.

You're conflating issues that have little to do with each other when viewed objectively.

Guns are but objects. They don't do anything on their own.

It also isn't at a new low. It has been on the decline for decades now despite increased gun ownership. A point that seems to be lost on you.

So you don't see the correlation between toddler deaths and murders and gun ownership in America?

Guns are weapons.

No I get the point, the fact that violent crime is decreasing you have correlated to the fact that gun ownership is going up. Which is great, unless you take into account that America deliberately uses a different definition of "violent crime" than most other countries to show this.

For instance in the UK a violent crime described as "crimes against the person, including simple assaults, all robberies, and all sexual offences" whereas in America its "murder and non negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault". Do you see how you downplay the word violent to fit your statistics?

How do you justify this?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

a reply to: Rocker2013

Population is increasing, so is life expectancy, gun ownership rates are so high they shatter records monthly, yet violent crime is at a 50 year low, and continuing.

I think you're avoiding those data sets because they don't jive with your idea of what goes on in the US.

People like Rocker saying "millions have been killed" and others who use phrases like "the whole world is laughing at you" will turn a blind eye to fact and logic.

Their emotional, illogical arguments are a detriment to this site, the whole point of which is to deny ignorance. Instead they come here to spout ignorance and denounce an entire country without any fact.

100,000 people (on average) are killed or injured by gun in the US every year according to statistics.
Over a 10 year period this is 1million.
An estimated 31,000 are killed by gun each year in the US. Over a 50 year period this is 1.5 million.
It's a fact that these records are incomplete (for many states these stats were downplayed for decades), it's also a fact that many deaths are caused later in life as a results of those shootings, in the same way any trauma to the Human body exacerbates mortality.
It's also a fact that many suicides are caused as a direct result of the shooting death of a loved one.

And no, the whole world is not laughing at you, we're mortified that you can see little kids being gunned down in their school and you insanely STILL think your little gun fetish is more important.

That, my friend, is sick. It's not funny, we're not laughing, we're wondering how a whole nation can be so insane that they would sit back and DO NOTHING about little kids being shot to death in their school. We're shocked and sickened that an entire nation, one that claims itself to be the "best on Earth", thinks that having a replacement pen*s strapped to their hip is more important than the lives of so many entirely innocent people. We're disgusted that you can't even pass SENSIBLE laws, (laws which would still allow you to fapp with your favourite toy when you wish and would only help to stop the insane and murderous from having access to those weapons in public) is STILL being fought against.

No, we're not laughing at you, we're wondering what it's going to take for the mentally disturbed gun-totin' American to finally work out that guns lead to gun deaths, and some people should not have those guns.
edit on 7-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

a reply to: Rocker2013

Population is increasing, so is life expectancy, gun ownership rates are so high they shatter records monthly, yet violent crime is at a 50 year low, and continuing.

I think you're avoiding those data sets because they don't jive with your idea of what goes on in the US.

People like Rocker saying "millions have been killed" and others who use phrases like "the whole world is laughing at you" will turn a blind eye to fact and logic.

Their emotional, illogical arguments are a detriment to this site, the whole point of which is to deny ignorance. Instead they come here to spout ignorance and denounce an entire country without any fact.

Your fellow Texnicality is therefore an ignorant, denouncing the whole of Islam.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I've got a lot of respect for the Black Panthers, new and old. They're anti-government, capably militarized, and clear in their mission and purpose. Plus their uniforms are sharp as hell....

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have no problem with this story, the more guns the better. The vast majority of gun deaths are gang violence and suicide, groups that would rack up high death tolls even if guns were never invented. The number of lives saved by guns every year is substantial (thousands, but it's hard to find exact numbers). The anti-gunners don't care about their lives though.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Exactly what does that statement have to do with Islam?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
I've got a lot of respect for the Black Panthers, new and old. They're anti-government, capably militarized, and clear in their mission and purpose. Plus their uniforms are sharp as hell....

The new BPP get no love from me as they play on the genocidal side of the game, the old BPP made some tactical errors but I can respect them.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Let America do what it wants. 91 Americans are killed with guns each day, 7 of those being children. Add to that 200 non-fatal gun injuries each day.

They make you safer right? Despite case studies proving homicide is 5 times more likely during a domestic dispute if a gun is present.

But don't let us put you off, you enjoy that wife and child killing murder weapon. You take photos with it, be proud of it. You are an American, this is your right or at least its your misguided interpretation of the second amendment. American and proud.

edit on 27-4-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join