It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is done, illegals will soon be able to vote

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ketsuko

Blame the southern states demanding 3/5ths counting for the non-voting slaves they owned.

You have a very poor grasp of history.

No I don't. Though thanks for the unprovoked insult.

The southern state wanted 100%. The 3/5 clause was what they got. It was the best that could be managed given the makeup of congress at the time since the north did not have clear enough majority to force their will.

Clearly your grasp of history is also pretty tenuous since the reason the 3/5 clause exists in the first place was because the North was scared #less for the longest time that the South would leave the Union if concessions weren't made for slavery in the Constitution. The 3/5ths clause was the first result of that fear. Heck the South wouldn't have even joined the Union if it weren't for the 3/5ths clause.
edit on 4-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Civil rights groups said forcing states to change their method of constructing districts would have damaged Latino political influence.

Did you read the article?

Why do they have political influence?

Please tell me how I didn't read the article right again.

Because everyone has pointed it out to you.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ah, so you think the union should have split up? Because that is where it would have gone.

You were the one who claimed it was all the south. It wasn't and they certainly didn't want to 3/5 clause.

But it's nice you seized on that rather than anything else. It's the principle of counting people who can't vote for the purposes of determining representation.
edit on 4-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I didn't seize on anything. I'm getting defensive because you chose to insult me because I made a simple mistake and rather than politely correcting me, you opted to insult my intelligence. So I pointed out how you were also wrong about what happened historically.
edit on 4-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing your insight. I do believe that essentially illegals, prisoners and children essentially have a pseudo vote through the number of electorate applied to that district. So, I can understand why the OP is frustrated with the Scotus ruling.

True, this has been the case and law already, but many American citizens have become frustrated with Democrats recently allowing so many illegals to manage to stay within the USA. Illegals immigrants, children, and prison populations have increased greatly in the past decade.

This is a partisan issue in selecting electorate representation. Obviously, if the actual voters wish to vote republican or even Trump, their votes may be ignored by the district representative since majority rules through his vote in the electoral process.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Mmmmm camping, ya know, I think I could use some time on Mt. Hood with the family. Now I forget if I had anything relevant to add. Ah well....camping sounds great

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

It's the only way to melt the real world away.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: onequestion

America reached its point of no return in 2012. You're just watching the ship sink now.

I think we hit that mark in November, 1963.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Stop being so hard-headed in this thread. You know that non-citizens (people in on Visas) and children are part of electoral districts, right? You don't have to be an electorate to be considered part of the population in an electoral district.

Do you even know what an "electoral district" is? It's not the same as a group of electorates.

Nice try at being clever, though.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
a reply to: SlapMonkey

they shouldn't even be here in the first place, hence the name illegal. They have no right to be counted among the electorate.

They're not, they're just counted as part of the population.

Between comments like yours and the comments of the OP concerning "the electorate," I wonder if you have any idea as to how electoral districts are divided in a state...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The districting/redistricting scam is played out all over the country. Both major partys do it to gain control of delegates so, YES it means that illegals will effect elections but they cannot actually cast a vote....yet. If that happens it will not start in Tx.
What I find just as disturbing is the Federal Supreme Court interfering with the laws or elections of any state.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Civil rights groups said forcing states to change their method of constructing districts would have damaged Latino political influence.

Did you read the article?

Why do they have political influence?

Uh really guy? How about because "Latino" is referring to cultural heritage. As in it has zero to do with illegal immigrants.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The idea of counting numbers of people and not registered voters go back to a time when not everyone could vote. Congress has to portion funding based on need not just votes.

One hundred people need 100 people's worth of resources which is most likely higher then the number of people who bother to vote.

Hopefully this helps clear it up some.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

America reached its point of no return in 2012. You're just watching the ship sink now.

I think we hit that mark in November, 1963.

Nah - December 23/24, 1913.

The Federal Reseve Act.

Goodbye America - the land of the free, home of the brave: Hello Amerika - land of the fee, home of the slave.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: roaland

they shouldn't even be here in the first place, hence the name illegal. They have no right to be counted among the electorate.

They're not, they're just counted as part of the population.

Between comments like yours and the comments of the OP concerning "the electorate," I wonder if you have any idea as to how electoral districts are divided in a state...

Nope.

And to quote the OP, "I fear for the future of our nation."

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Seiko

There's nothing to clear up.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hey everyone has the right to vote. It just doesn't get counted unless you are in the highest tax bracket.

Seriously though. Illegals won't vote. Their kids are what politicians are after.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

It's got everything to do with illegal immigrants.

Legal Latinos already have political power as they should.
They are registered voters, hopefully.

edit on 4/4/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'm not being hard headed. My persceptive is very clear and well understood.

They want assimilation to form the North American Union.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Misleading thread title, the article is only about redistricting and not extending the vote to non citizens (which is silly and won't happen.)

edit on 4-4-2016 by Elton because: lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join