It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is done, illegals will soon be able to vote

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
In Canada our PM is required to say everything twice, once in English, once in French.

With all the legal Spanish speaking people in the states, it's almost surprising It's not spoken more often by the pres

Not being multilingual I kind of like that we do all government business in English. There's translation available for government services if people need it and I think that's fair but even in a nation like the US which has no national language you need to set some sort of standard otherwise it leads to redundancy, it's also a good motivator to learn English which is the language most business is conducted in. It sounds ridiculous to me that the PM in Canada has to say everything twice.

That said, I've got no problem with what Cruz did here. Identity politics is pretty popular in America and he's just going along with that. He needs Hispanic voters and part of his history gives him an edge there if he uses it.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Honestly him speaking Spanish will work against him on the long run.

Not because any of us hate Latinos but because of the fact that Americans really do want to stop illegal immigration.

I really don't have a problem with Latinos I just want a level playing field for working class Americans.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You do realize that a language -- in this case, Spanish -- has absolutely nothing to do with illegal immigration...

That's like saying it's only possible to make lasagna if you speak Italian. It doesn't work like that.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Not because any of us hate Latinos but because of the fact that Americans really do want to stop illegal immigration.

Yet no one wants to actually do what is guaranteed to stop it. Make the nations people are coming from fair and prosperous and they will have no reason to come here. Just look through this thread, there's many people saying to put the US first, screw Mexico, etc. Yet if Mexico weren't a third world hellhole with a depressed economy run by the cartels, those immigrants would have no reason to come here in the first place. Look at the illegal immigration that developed nations have with each other. Few French citizens try to sneak into Canada, the UK, or even the US because there's no reason for them to do so.

That is how we stop illegal immigration. People don't like to hear it though because they see illegals as doing something wrong and they want to punish them for that.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

:-)

Seems like our beliefs are usually custom tailored to fit us just right

Immigrant, hardship and persecution are words that mean different things to different people

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

You complete me!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Our country is gone. Let's just let the Chinese vote instead of Americans. I mean seriously who cares right?

dennismichaellynch.com...

ASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has unanimously upheld a Texas law that counts everyone, not just eligible voters, in deciding how to draw electoral districts. The justices turned back a challenge Monday that could have dramatically altered political district boundaries and disproportionately affected the nation’s growing Latino population

We won't be able to hold onto this country if anyone can come vote weather they are citizens or not.

I'm afraid for our future. I don't think passive resistance will work anymore it's time to kick it up a notch.

did you read the last paragraph of your quoted article?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

:-)

simpático

and you don't write enough poetry...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

How can we make them fair and prosperous?

They have to have the will to do that themselves.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

How can we make them fair and prosperous?

They have to have the will to do that themselves.

You start by not imposing massive tarrifs on them and sending guns to the cartels.

And are you seriously suggesting that Mexicans don't work hard?
edit on 6-4-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Working hard has nothing to do with organizing.

Where did I say that?

Do we have massive tariffs imposed on Mexico?

Sure doesn't seem like it.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Nm, not worth it.
edit on thWed, 06 Apr 2016 19:02:58 -0500America/Chicago420165880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Do we have massive tariffs imposed on Mexico?

That's what Trump is asking for. He wants to renegotiate trade deals taking work away from them, which results in Mexico being less prosperous. He wants to block money being sent over, which results in Mexico being less prosperous. He wants to make Mexico pay 10% of their governments annual revenue to build a wall, then pay another 10% every 7 years in maintaining that wall.

Do you know what all of this does? It makes Mexico less prosperous which in turn significantly increases the number of people who will head for the US and other nations looking for better opportunities.

The best solution to immigration is to give people a reason to stay where they are.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So, in case people don't understand this still, this is all about Republicans trying to rig the system for themselves like they do every single year in every single election.

They want populations counted by people who vote rather than by total population because that would give populated areas less voting districts, so they would have fewer representatives in congress.

Since Republicans are getting more and more extreme and they're population isn't growing as much as non-right wing extremists, they are getting scared and trying to change the rules.

They mentioned hispanic people because most of them don't vote, so they would lose representatives in congress. It's not about illegal immigrants, it's about rejecting the Republicans cheating strategy getting rejected in court because that's not what it says in the constitution.
edit on 6-4-2016 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

mexico cannot be proserprous with the cartels controlling the government.

They need to clean it up and sending them jobs at near slave wages isn't going to help anybody.

If they cleaned it up then they may not need the jobs from us in the first place they can concentrate on their own wonderful resources and manufacturing and expand globally like everyone else.

It's not our job to fix Mexico.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

mexico cannot be proserprous with the cartels controlling the government.

They need to clean it up and sending them jobs at near slave wages isn't going to help anybody.

If they cleaned it up then they may not need the jobs from us in the first place they can concentrate on their own wonderful resources and manufacturing and expand globally like everyone else.

It's not our job to fix Mexico.

The best way to help ourselves is to help others. The jobs are also far from slave wages there. Someone earlier mentioned that a person on a manufacturing line makes $25/day in Mexico. That has the same purchasing power as making $425/day does here.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

No not a damn chance.

Sick of that.

We have problems serious problems we don't have time for Mexicos.

Or Europes, or Afghanistans or libyas or Ukraine's, or any other country but ours period.

Forget that liberal crap.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

No not a damn chance.

Sick of that.

We have problems serious problems we don't have time for Mexicos.

Or Europes, or Afghanistans or libyas or Ukraine's, or any other country but ours period.

Forget that liberal crap.

Problems are interconnected, you can't fix them by ignoring the rest of the world and only looking internally.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Bull#.

America needs to fix itself period.

I won't back down from that stance.

If our country continues to fall apart and the economy continues to be gut and shipped overseas there will be nothing left.

edit on 4/7/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Our country is gone. Let's just let the Chinese vote instead of Americans. I mean seriously who cares right?

dennismichaellynch.com...

ASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has unanimously upheld a Texas law that counts everyone, not just eligible voters, in deciding how to draw electoral districts. The justices turned back a challenge Monday that could have dramatically altered political district boundaries and disproportionately affected the nation’s growing Latino population

We won't be able to hold onto this country if anyone can come vote weather they are citizens or not.

I'm afraid for our future. I don't think passive resistance will work anymore it's time to kick it up a notch.

Perhaps one day even visitors and tourists will be able to vote.

Is the purpose of such measures to devalue the voting process, increase skepticism, grow apathy and support for abolition of elections as a longer term goal as by then they will have come to mean so little anyway.

In other words leave the affairs of state up to the big people. Little people; go play with your trinkets.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join