It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore & NY Attorney General Launch ‘AGs United For Clean Power’ Coalition

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: amazing

You don't see any benefit from Solar power or wind power or electric cars?

Not when they are made using fossil fuels defeats the purpose doesn't it.

And alternative energy depends on the CLIMATE to work.

Which is about as asinine as it gets after all since it's 'changing'.

There is a REASON fossil fuels is king.

Works 24/7 regardless of the weather.

And there is nothing that is cheaper.

You're wrong.

We could provide all the power the US needs with Solar and Wind. Do some research. Keep in mind that you don't need full sun to produce power and the way our power grid is set up we can transport excess energy from a sunny state to a cloudy state.

Also sun and wind are free. LOL Build a turbine or a solar panel once and it provides energy forever.

Fossil Fuel is outdated. It's time to move on. It's called evolution.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: xuenchen
I don't have anything against clean energy do you?

No.

It's the corruption and big money switching I am suspicious about.

Do you have any problems with corruption even if it supposedly comes to a "clean" energy initiative.

Why does it always take big corruption and deceptions to get an agenda going?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

No.

Do you have any problems with corruption even if it supposedly comes to a "clean" energy initiative.

You're only looking at once side though. What about all the corruption in the fossil fuel side?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yes, more power to 'em. I/we cannot control China so the only thing we can do is try to change the way we do things.

Thought the entire POINT was to 'save the planet'.

Americans ways were changed over 60 years ago.

With the creation of green legislation, and government agencies called the EPA.

Beyond that.

People need to stop whining about it since the STATE has been in control HERE for over a half century.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

More power to them ?

When will they start 'prosecuting' China eh ?

The largest polluters in the world.

There are no 'gains' made by the church of climatology.

With exception of putting millions out of work, and making energy costs higher.

What a joke.

Even funny with AL Gore and the millions he made off his APPLE stock in CHINA.

Seeing as we are talking about the US here, the US produces nearly three times the emissions per person than China.

Besides that, I don't see how sueing companies will encourage them to invest in green energy. They will just pass on the cost of the damages to the consumers of electricity.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

We could provide all the power the US needs with Solar and Wind. Do some research

I have, and not hardly.

Alternative energy can not meet todays energy demands, and that of tomorrows. That's why CHINA is still building COAL FIRE PLANTS right along with India.

Solar, and wind are over 200 years old already in various forms.

But it wasn't until fossil fuels did mankind evolve to it's current level of PROGRESS.

edit on 4-4-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Yes, more power to 'em. I/we cannot control China so the only thing we can do is try to change the way we do things.

Thought the entire POINT was to 'save the planet'.

Americans ways were changed over 60 years ago.

With the creation of green legislation, and government agencies called the EPA.

Beyond that.

People need to stop whining about it since the STATE has been in control HERE for over a half century.

Do you have a point, or just complaining?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Seeing as we are talking about the US here, the US produces nearly three times the emissions per person than China.

I thought we were talking about the world here.

And the entire point of the exercise was to 'save' the planet.

What goes on elsewhere in the world has effects HERE.

Like European volcanos spewing stuff in the air that travels around the world.

Coal plants is asis doing the same.

That is when the Fuskishimas isn't spewing radioactivity effecting the west coast.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yeah there was a point that was obviously IGNORED by the church of climatology.

Acting like there are 'NO' laws already on the books, and organizations like the Environmental Protection Agency doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

We could provide all the power the US needs with Solar and Wind. Do some research

I have, and not hardly.

Alternative energy can not meet todays energy demands, and that of tomorrows. That's why CHINA is still building COAL FIRE PLANTS right along with India.

Solar, and wind are over 200 years old already in various forms.

But it wasn't until fossil fuels did mankind evolve to it's current level of PROGRESS.

It's all a matter of Scaling and new technology. The solar panels on my house can provide 95% off all the power I need on a daily base. I had em installed over a year ago and they're already outdated. Meaning if I put new ones up they'd only be half as big and twice as powerful. That's one year. And One tiny technology. We already have prototypes of Batteries that can store all the excess power. And we have already evolved in how we process and recycle old batteries. It's really that simple.

5 years ago, nobody thought an electric car that was also high performance was feasible. Now it is with Tesla. Apple and Porche are following right along. Next up and affordable Electric car that people will want to drive. The new Tesla. 5 years from now the electric cars we can chose from will be better and even more affordable.

The world is evolving and it IS time to move from fossil fuel and combustion engines.

I haven't even mentioned the new wind turbines that are 50% smaller and already producing power. They too will continue to evolve.

It's not that we can't do this stuff it's that the oil overlords like Saudi Arabia and The Bush family are trying to stop it. You're buying into their propaganda. Don't.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Acting like there are 'NO' laws already on the books, and organizations like the Environmental Protection Agency doesn't exist.

Keep wondering why you think there is a church involved. LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It's not about new laws. It's about new thinking to match the evolution of science and understanding.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The solar panels on my house can provide 95% off all the power I need on a daily base.

As long as the sun is shining.

Other places where it's dark for six months out of the year they don't do squat.

Of course that comes at a premium subsidized by the state. That is CORPORATE WELFARE guaranteeing 'alternative' energy manufactures guaranteed income.

Of course the exceptions are if the are the Solyndra type that cost too much to make, and they get made cheaper in OTHER places like China using fossil fuels.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Because the church of climatology likes to burn the heretics at the stake for not believing the Gospel.

See the op.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It's not about new laws. It's about new thinking to match the evolution of science and understanding.

Are you EFFING kidding me ?

Climate change is EVOLUTION.

It's because of it mankind came about, and moved to where we are.

laws,taxes,and lawsuits ain't going to do anything to stop the planet from doing what it has been for eons.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The solar panels on my house can provide 95% off all the power I need on a daily base.

As long as the sun is shining.

Other places where it's dark for six months out of the year they don't do squat.

Of course that comes at a premium subsidized by the state. That is CORPORATE WELFARE guaranteeing 'alternative' energy manufactures guaranteed income.

Of course the exceptions are if the are the Solyndra type that cost too much to make, and they get made cheaper in OTHER places like China using fossil fuels.

Now Solyndra was part of a government loan program. Even though Solyndra went down they did pay back the entire loan. So....not sure why you brought that up? Government loans money to business, business pays back loan. That's how it's supposed to work.

You talk about premium subsidized but no industry is more heavily subsidized by the US government then fossil fuel, Coal, fracking, oil, auto companies. Nothing. Why is one type of government subsidy better than another? I'll give you that answer...it's not good. Stop the subsidies for fossil fuel companies and you'll see some big change and a lot more money in the government's pocket.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Because the church of climatology likes to burn the heretics at the stake for not believing the Gospel.

See the op.

But there is no Gospel. I believe in Global warming but for only one reason. Actual Scientists and Scientific papers telling me it's real.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Are you EFFING kidding me ?

Climate change is EVOLUTION.

It's because of it mankind came about, and moved to where we are.

laws,taxes,and lawsuits ain't going to do anything to stop the planet from doing what it has been for eons.

Oh, I get it now. You're a denier.

Never mind then. Not going to waste my time on that ignorance.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

No.

Corruption I don't like. But who is going to put Clean Energy into action but these old corrupt b•stards?

Seems better than dirty energy by these old corrupt b•stards?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

See the op.

But there is no Gospel. I believe in Global warming but for only one reason. Actual Scientists and Scientific papers telling me it's real.

Wow 97 percent of 37 scientist say global warmings a problem. yep we sure are in trouble. At the time of that percentage that is how many scientist were actually qualified to have a OP on it. The rest have been threatened with loss of research funding if they speak up against it.

And science papers can be manipulated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join