It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krs One - Explains the Illuminati, Freemasons, and if he's a member beatGrade beatGrade

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I thought I'd share this short vid on KRS One speaking to a classroom of students about Masons and the Illuminati. He basically says that they are good people and that their original purpose was to define god through what they build in their projects.

IDK. What does ATS think?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Solely his opinion and I disagree with his initial premise that Masonry was to 'define God'. You better have a decision on that prior t joining because it is the main qualification for joining,

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Interesting take..

I do agree that making big bad evil boogie-men is overblown..

S+F

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Solely his opinion and I disagree with his initial premise that Masonry was to 'define God'. You better have a decision on that prior t joining because it is the main qualification for joining,

I don't know about the Masons except for rumors I've heard over the yeas.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Well, you have been here long enough to see that there are a few of us that are willing to discuss pretty much anything you want.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Well, you have been here long enough to see that there are a few of us that are willing to discuss pretty much anything you want.

To be honest, I diidn't know you were a mason until recently. Now that I know, I have to admit that you're a very straightforward and honest person. So is there knowledge or information being hidden by the Masons...?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I don't think Freemasons share their knowledge to non-masons.
Maybe some of the masons on this site could clarify if that's the case.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I can see what he means, though. You must profess to believe in some sort of Supreme Being, but it is very loosely defined. You could believe in "The Force" and still technically meet this requirement.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

To be honest, I diidn't know you were a mason until recently. Now that I know, I have to admit that you're a very straightforward and honest person. So is there knowledge or information being hidden by the Masons...?

A bit of a clue in the name there..

I have a question.. A lot of the masons here claim there is no hidden knowledge..
Firstly.. Im leaning to that being a generic answer which is part of being a Mason (being able to keep a secret)
If true then is that knowledge not in the higher degree masons?

Also I was once asked by an acquaintance to put myself forward at a local lodge.. I didn't as my life was busy at the time..
What benefits are there to being a Mason?

Edit to add.. And I don't mean that in a selfish sense, what do I get personally. I mean in general.
edit on 4/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

To be honest, I diidn't know you were a mason until recently.

Really? I always thought my screenname gave that away.

Now that I know, I have to admit that you're a very straightforward and honest person. So is there knowledge or information being hidden by the Masons...?

Thank you for the compliment. No, there is nothing that you learn in Masonry that is not taught elsewhere. I my friend and fellow Mason, Networkdude likes to say, it basically boils down to, 'Be nice and don't be a dick'.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I can see what he means, though. You must profess to believe in some sort of Supreme Being, but it is very loosely defined. You could believe in "The Force" and still technically meet this requirement.

If you legitimately believed The Force was the creator of the universe and that it would constitute a Supreme Being you would meet the requirement.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
I don't think Freemasons share their knowledge to non-masons.
Maybe some of the masons on this site could clarify if that's the case.

The only thing we cannot share is the five passwords and five handshakes we use in the Degrees. Those are the big 'secrets'.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
I have a question.. A lot of the masons here claim there is no hidden knowledge..

See above. I would wager you already know what you can learn in Masonry, you just experience it in a different format.

What benefits are there to being a Mason?

Edit to add.. And I don't mean that in a selfish sense, what do I get personally. I mean in general.

The standard answer is, 'You get out of it what you put into it'.

Me personally, I have meet some really great people (not just the members but their family's as well), had chances to give back to the community, conversed about many esoteric topics with knowledgeable members and tried to employ some of the self improvement lessons I have experienced.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

He may be straight forward and honest but he's a f****ng lunatic too!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a

He may be straight forward and honest but he's a f****ng lunatic too!

Compliments will get you everywhere.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
KRS is probably the greatest ever live artist as far as hiphop. Not many people can kill a show like he can.

Unfortunately, like professor Griff..he's also full of it. Honorary 33rd degree mason....what's that?

Maxwell is an easy to prove fraud with some of the most retarded examples of etymology I have ever heard, he's also nearly solely responsible for the idiocy that is the modern freeman movement whereby well meaning people suddenly believe they can find legal loopholes that nobody knows about and end up getting absolutely raped in court.

What he says about the Illuminati is historically true though. They were opposition to the dogmatic oppression of the Catholic Church which is not necessarily a bad thing. What people refer to the Illuminati as now is something vastly different though and in all likelihood doesn't actually exist.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Honorary 33rd degree mason....what's that?

There is no such thing in the Scottish Rite Northern Jurisdiction. The degree itself is referred to as 'honorary' since it is given out for meritorious service but there are no honorary 33rd's similar to the way they give out honorary college diplomas.

edit on 4-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah thanks for clearing that up!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There is no such thing in the Scottish Rite Northern Jurisdiction.

Thanks for the clarification Augustus, I have another question if you don't mind answering.

Do you have to be Scottish or of Scottish descent in order to join a Scottish Rite lodge?
edit on 4pm30America/Chicago3006America/Chicagopm459 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
Do you have to be Scottish or of Scottish descent in order to join a Scottish Rite lodge?

No, I am Italian. The Scottish Rite itself is not really Scottish, it is French in origin. You just need to be a Master Mason to join any of the appendant bodies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join