It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favourite con-artist? Your favourite disinformation-puppet?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

First I have to ask you who your favourite (or most dis-liked) con-artist/disinformation-puppet is and why you think so. (To stay on topic, for the sake of not derailing my own thread...)

We may, as you assert, live in a dead galaxy. What then, I implore, of the rest of the universe? Which by all accounts is all but infinite and even then the deck seems stacked fully in favor of the latter.

As a half pessimist and half optimist, I also think it's likely that there is some kind of life out there that is able to communicate with us in a way we will understand. On the other hand, planet Earth maybe the last resort in this whole universe where life-forms can express themselfs the way they do. Who knows? And if that is the case, that's a scary picture, if we assume that there once was life on now lifeless planets, but it got destroyed by the ones who inhabitated the planets, and now they are all here, "in the flesh", doing their thing (once again).

I'm not a bettin' man but I would be willing to put chips down on the pure assumption that there is, almost inevitably, in the vastness of an entire, uncharted cosmos, a planet that harbors some form of life. Whether that form is intelligent at all is another query altogether.

The optimist half in me agrees. The other half says, "what if not?!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Anyway, I have nothing to fear."

If that life is anywhere near as inventive and ingenious (not to mention tenacious) as are we then I would not discount the idea that, given time, peace (relatively speaking) and prosperity this hypothetical species of sentient life could, quite possibly, reach a state of technological understanding that could allow them the ability to travel through space/time with both ease and aplomb.

Dig?

Well...I prefer to live in a universe that does NOT contain dead galaxies, populated with dead planets. Therefore, when I leave my currant body-mind-complex, I'll disappear up my own soul into the LIVING universe I came from.

Does that sound as if I believe in some very far out concept?

Who was your favourite con-artist/disinformation-puppet again?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Very clever

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Bernie Sanders...everything for free to the poor and working class...the rich will just stay here and pay for it.

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join