It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Britains Prince Harry apologizes after pictured in Nazi uniform, Harry To Visit Auschwitz

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Britain's Prince Harry has issued an apology for appearing at a costume party dressed as a Nazi solider. The costume which was featured on the front page of The Sun newspaper, caused shock and outrage. The picture was taken at a party where the theme was "Natives and Colonials"

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Prince Charles has ordered his son Harry to visit Auschwitz after he caused outrage around the world by wearing a Nazi uniform to a party, the Sun newspaper reported on Friday.

The paper said heir-to-the-throne Charles was "incandescent with rage" with the 20-year-old grandson of Queen Elizabeth and wants him to make a private trip to the concentration camp to learn more about the Holocaust.

Jewish groups had demanded Harry go the camp in southwest Poland to make amends for wearing a swastika armband and an army shirt with Nazi regalia at a costume party on Saturday.

The Sun, which broke the Nazi gaffe story on Thursday, quoted an unnamed royal source as saying that Prince Charles also told his older son, William, to travel with Harry to Auschwitz.
Auschwitz

story.news.yahoo.com
LONDON (AFP) - Britain's Prince Harry apologized after he was pictured on the front page of The Sun newspaper dressed up at a costume party as a Nazi soldier, triggering shock and revulsion.

Thursday's edition of the Sun features Prince Harry, younger son of Britain's Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, wearing a khaki uniform with an armband emblazoned with a swastika, emblem of the German WWII Nazi Party.

Harry, 20, who is third in line to the British throne after his father and his elder brother William, was also shown holding a cigarette and drink at a party which had the theme of "Natives and Colonials."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Nazi thing is pretty bad but what to make of the overall theme of the party? That alone is asking for this type of issue. On the other hand it was just a party and these guys do live in a fishbowl. However, they know that as well and no doubt have been brought up with this in mind. The Royals, no matter how you feel about them, are looked upon as examples and should behave accordingly.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
He was masquerading around and poking fun at Blair and Bush. Hitler's name comes up daily because of the bobsie twins

It doesnt mean he's in favor of Hitler. He's a kid playing around.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I have a readheaded kid also, i know what theyre like

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well that was stupid of him. Going to a party dressed as a nazi soldier? I mean talk about lack of common sense and poor taste.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I can see why some people are offended and I think it was appropriate for him to apologize, however, it was a costume for a theme party. Context is everything.

[edit on 05/1/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ok I am scared. I find myself agreeing with Grady on more than one subject in 24 hours. I don't see any harm in what he did. People have this thing with others wearing a uniform like that or something with a confederate flag. Like it not Nazi Germany was a reality and a part of history and no matter what you do nothing will change that fact.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sorry to play semantics, but Prince Harry was not dressed as a "Nazi soldier" as some have stated, but as a member of the SA (Brownshirts).

Perhaps his motivation for wearing the khaki was the it became the uniform of the SA after the shipment of the clothing to Germany's African colonies was stopped due to the conditions of the Versailles Treaty which stripped Germany of its overseas empire. Otherwise his wearing the uniform at a fancydress party themed "Natives and Colonials" is rather odd.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Prince Charles has ordered his son Harry to visit Auschwitz after he caused outrage around the world by wearing a Nazi uniform to a party, the Sun newspaper reported on Friday.

The paper said heir-to-the-throne Charles was "incandescent with rage" with the 20-year-old grandson of Queen Elizabeth and wants him to make a private trip to the concentration camp to learn more about the Holocaust.

Jewish groups had demanded Harry go the camp in southwest Poland to make amends for wearing a swastika armband and an army shirt with Nazi regalia at a costume party on Saturday.

The Sun, which broke the Nazi gaffe story on Thursday, quoted an unnamed royal source as saying that Prince Charles also told his older son, William, to travel with Harry to Auschwitz.
Auschwitz

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Auschwitz

see this is wat the jews want the prince to believe. prince harry probably knows a lot more about history then the propaganda that we learn in books. they want the prince to learn about the holocaust first hand by going to Auschwitz. wat are they going to teach him? that 6 million jews died there? that the nazis gassed them in the gas chambers? this propaganda is wat the jews want him to believe. Extensive forensic, demographic, analytical and comparative evidence demonstrates the impossibility of such a figure. the figure is closer to 1 million and was due mostly to natural causes rather than murder. then theyll teach him about the gas chambers. the only "proof" that the gas chambers were used for genocide was post war testimonies by some "survivors". there is no scientific evidence that they were gas chambers and that they were used for genocide. there is more proof that there was no gassing then there was yet the world is being taught that there was. just like prince harry will be taught.

if u think im rabbling on about rubbish then i reckon u should research this topic on the internet, as there is a lot of information and research that we never hear about on the controlled media.

and also the jews want harry to go to the camp to learn about the "barbaric" treatment by the nazis to the jews(pfft) yet i guess noone cares about how the jews are treating the palestinians by taking their land.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with what Prince Harry did and he should have not apologized for wearing a uniform of a that is obviously not Nazi.

First, the "Swastika" is incorrect. Similar, but incorrect.

Second, not all Nazis were the "monsters" the world and the Jewish community would like us to see them. It's like all "bikers" who ride Harley-Davidsons aren't the Hells Angels or Outlaws. Even then, not all Hells Angels and Outlaws are into the same "bad" elements that society and the media portrays them to be.

Does anyone remember Oscar Schindler and what he did for the Jews during the war? He was a member of the Nazi Party and the descendants of the Jews that he saved from the concentration camps, to this day, visit his memorial to honor him in remembrance.

How about Erwin Rommel? He never commited any war crimes or crimes of genocide against any ethnic group! He was admired by people of both sides during and after the war for his dignity!

Lighten up people! It was just a COSTUME party!

What if he'd dressed up like Osama bin Laden or Saddam Hussein?

[edit on 15/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volksgeist
Perhaps his motivation for wearing the khaki was the it became the uniform of the SA after the shipment of the clothing to Germany's African colonies was stopped due to the conditions of the Versailles Treaty which stripped Germany of its overseas empire. Otherwise his wearing the uniform at a fancydress party themed "Natives and Colonials" is rather odd.

I think you give him way too much credit for historical perspective. Now, if it were you wearing the costume, I might buy that story.

Back to topic. I think Prince Charles did the right thing. He acted like a good parent should. As late as this evening, the pundits were saying that the Prince would never tell Harry to apologize or visit Auschwitch, that he would just continue to circle the wagons and wait for it to blow over.

Good for the Prince in proving the pundits wrong, and nice to see them eat their words.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by jsobecky]

[edit on 15-1-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
there was nothing wrong wat prince harry did. its just a costume. the jews are just taking it too far by looking into the symbolism of the swastika (well their interpretation of the swastika anyway). its not like it said underneath the swastika "Juden Schwein".

i just want to add that there were no gas chambers used by the nazis for genocide, the only gas chambers were used for sterilisation purposes such as disinfecting clothes. its actually quite pathetic to believe that the "gas chambers" in Auschwitz were used for such purposes because once u look at the building structure and features of the "chambers" its amusing to think that they were. there is SO MUCH information and research on the "gas chambers" that proves that gassings never occured. if any of u think im talking lies then research this stuff on the net and u will be surprised, i guarantee

[edit on 16-1-2005 by bboy]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
About 275,000 dead from one of the greatest disaster of the century, more than a million left homeless and in serious condition, and we are discussing about someone wearing a outfit to a party, especially a BRITISH someone.

What has the world come to?

*shakes head*

Surf

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
bboy we have encountered and refuted the "holocaust deniers" like yourself in the past. What you are saying is the typical of such blinkered and blind individuals with an anti jewish agenda, typical of the nazi's you are defending. As I have worked with a person who survived Auchwitz I know that your posts are just pure rubbish, and nasty at that. denying the reality of milllions to try and make nazis looks good.

Sure you will find it on the net, just as every minority wacko fear and hate ridden group have their presence, doesn't mean its true though. Such an agenda as you are persuing will not be accepted here. Go back to your pro nazi board and play there.

Originally posted by bboy
i just want to add that there were no gas chambers used by the nazis for genocide, the only gas chambers were used for sterilisation purposes such as disinfecting clothes. its actually quite pathetic to believe that the "gas chambers" in Auschwitz were used for such purposes because once u look at the building structure and features of the "chambers" its amusing to think that they were. there is SO MUCH information and research on the "gas chambers" that proves that gassings never occured. if any of u think im talking lies then research this stuff on the net and u will be surprised, i guarantee

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Britain's Prince Charles has ordered his son Harry to visit Auschwitz

good idea.

Prince Harry is in a very privileged position. And he is an ex-Eton student. He should know about that time. I would like to see Harry distance himself from Nazi ideas, anti-semitism and racism.

For a member of the royal family to conclude that it might be a nice lark to dress up in the trappings of a genocidal dictatorship whom his own brave elders helped, at huge cost, to defeat six decades ago was nothing short of mind-boggling.

Rebekka

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   

i its actually quite pathetic to believe that the "gas chambers" in Auschwitz were used for such purposes because once u look at the building structure and features of the "chambers" its amusing to think that they were.

While we can debate and have here on ATS the conditions in Gaza and the West bank, there is no denying the atrocities that occured at Auschwitz. We are fortunate to have a tatooed survivor of the camp living near us and his stories paint a different picture than the Club Med fantasy you are attempting to picture of the events that occured there. At net said you should know that this type of discourse is NOT welcome here.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
[Prince Harry is in a very privileged position. And he is an ex-Eton student. He should know about that time. I would like to see Harry distance himself from Nazi ideas, anti-semitism and racism.

Thats the point I tried to make earlier. No matter what was the intent, he is raised to know that he is in the spotlight at all times. He should hae known better and if he did'nt, perhaps Charles and Eaton is to blame. And regardless of breeding and pedigree where would that outfit be acceptable at any rate?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'd just like to point out that although the Jews where in a majority in the extermination camps, Poles, Slavs, gypsies and other ethnic minorities were also murdered by their 100,000's.

Spacemunkey

[edit on 16-1-2005 by spacemunkey]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The two sons of Diana have been brought up to be more in tune with real people and not to be as pompus as the rest of the Royals.This has resulted in there ability to be ridiculed and photograped in the press acting as anyother rich kid of there age.If you asked a large number of tenty year olds there opinion of the second world war there amount of importance of the subject would be low therefore nothing wrong would be percievied in wearing a Nazi uniform as a joke to a fancy dress ball.
You cannot have a Royal family in tune and modern then ask them to behave in a more responsible manor towards sensitive issues that are starting to become out of date to the majority of normal everyday people.
The two Princes should have been educated in a way that reflexs there standing and not be allowed to act in a way that tenagers would normally act.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
bboy we have encountered and refuted the "holocaust deniers" like yourself in the past. What you are saying is the typical of such blinkered and blind individuals with an anti jewish agenda, typical of the nazi's you are defending. As I have worked with a person who survived Auchwitz I know that your posts are just pure rubbish, and nasty at that. denying the reality of milllions to try and make nazis looks good.

Sure you will find it on the net, just as every minority wacko fear and hate ridden group have their presence, doesn't mean its true though. Such an agenda as you are persuing will not be accepted here. Go back to your pro nazi board and play there.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Netchicken]

u have worked with 1 person that "survived" Auschwitz ay? well does this 1 person mean that there were gas chambers and that they were used for genocidal purposes. im just curious about the truth, thats all. u could say i was basically neutral when it came to supporting either side, but when i started to gain interest in an incident in history and find some very INTERESTING and questionable information, its only natural that i think "hey is all the history i learn in school really the truth? this truth doesnt sound very true at all according to the information gathered from extensive research on the gas chambers".

serioulsy, lets be realistic about this topic. its a very important topic. if u deny the holocaust it doesnt neccesarily mean ure being an anti-semite. if a jew thinks that 6 million jews werent murdered, it doesnt mean they are betraying their religion. it just means that he is being independent and is really thinking about the history of his people. e.g. David Cole

now, im assuming ure jewish? u obvioulsy believe this person hu "survived Auschwitz". have u ever considered that maybe he/she was told false information (wartime propaganda). either that or he/she is not being independent and wants to say "yes it happened" rather then speaking out.

im not hating. im just saying that there were no gas chambers and no mass killings of 6 million jews. do u have any idea how big 6 million?? If 6 million jews had been incinerated by the Nazis, what happened to the ashes? 6 million bodies would have produced many tons of ashes, yet there is no evidence of any large ash depositories.

are u happy the way ure life is even if lies are being taught as the truth? instead of thinking that holocaust deniers speak pure rubbish y dont u consider their point of view. consider wat they have learnt. i dont think there would be so many holocaust deniers if it was proven to have happened. i honestly believe that 6 million jews were not killed at that time. i am not denying the holocaust so i can "make the nazis look good". i deny it because i have reasearched a lot and there is NO way that the figure is correct. i highly doubt u have looked into the scientific evidence and information that proves the holocaust is false.

dont criticise me just because u have heard 1 "Auschwitz survivor" say it is all true. how do YOU know it is true? ure just gonna follow the herd ay. ppl claim they have seen UFO's. but does the whole world beleive them? mostly not. yet some "survivors" say gassings occured (u know,not all "survivors" say there were gas chambers). y do u believe them and not the UFO's? if people claim to have seen UFO's, then why doesnt the whole world just write it down in their books, and teach children about how UFO's exist, just like the world has done with the Holocaust. it has yet to be proven but is being taught as the truth. it cant be the truth......the most it can be is a kind of "theory".

o and FredT have u seen the alleged "gas chambers" go see it and maybe u will think differently

top topics

<<   2 >>

join