It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange fun of having a deer carcass in your front yard....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I post this because I live in North Idaho, and you have no idea of the strange crap we have seen. A few days ago, I noticed a deer carcass in the pasture in front of our house, We have no rights to that pasture, so we let things lay as they were. I went outside for a smoke, and a HUGE bald eagle swooped in to scavenge... as soon as I ran in the house to grab my Nikon, he took off... and was replaced by Turkey Vulture. The Eagles and Vultures fought over the carcass all day... that night... the big cats showed up. They had their turn at the carcass, then the coyotes came in. The coyotes came in a bit close to our chicken coop... 00 Buck-shot takes care of that pretty quick...

For two nights after that, we had big cats (mountain lions) on our property every night; and wolves and coyotes.... and tonight I had a moose try to MATE with my Impala... I wonder if the deer carcass inspired lust in the moose... I also wonder if my dual exhaust will ever be the same....
edit on 3-4-2016 by madmac5150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Awesome. Did you get any pics of the feed?

Leaving nature to take its course. Hats off.

If you had removed the carcass all that wildlife would have been deprived. As is you got a front seat to a marvel, good show.

Edit: stop shooting coyotes…

edit on 3-4-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

i wondered how long it would be before the animal hippies appeared,like you said he left the carcass for the other animals but thats not good enough, its either the coyotes or his chicken's.

thanks for sharing.
edit on 3-4-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Awesome. Did you get any pics of the feed?

Leaving nature to take its course. Hats off.

If you had removed the carcass all that wildlife would have been deprived. As is you got a front seat to a marvel, good show.

Edit: stop shooting coyotes…

I got an awesome pic of a bald eagle parked on the carcass... the problem is that my Nikon takes 15MP pics and they are HUGE... I will scale a pic down... I got a great shot of a bald eagle at about 100 yards

link   

Good luck getting the hoof marks outta your trunk !

In all seriousness that is a great pic. You have painted ...

👏

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Good luck getting the hoof marks outta your trunk !

In all seriousness that is a great pic. You have painted ...

👏

I paid 12 grand cash for my Impala... do I have rights to a Moose/Impala offspring?

Would you call it a Moospala or an Impoose?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Similar situation for me once. Only it was the front half of a young deer carcass. Just the head and front shoulders and legs and that's it. My dog was walking with it in it's mouth like a trophy. At first I thought it was a rabbit by the look of it.

How it was perfectly severed like that I'll never know and the dog didn't seem to care.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Similar situation for me once. Only it was the front half of a young deer carcass. Just the head and front shoulders and legs and that's it. My dog was walking with it in it's mouth like a trophy. At first I thought it was a rabbit by the look of it.

How it was perfectly severed like that I'll never know and the dog didn't seem to care.

We have two Belgian Mali's... they were chomping at the bit to investigate.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

this thread needs images and video

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
a reply to: intrptr

i wondered how long it would be before the animal hippies appeared,like you said he left the carcass for the other animals but thats not good enough, its either the coyotes or his chicken's.

thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the reply. The coyotes weren't after his chickens, they were after the carcass, like all the rest.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I will post pics as soon as I can figure out how to scale a 15MP Nikon image to a "share-able" size. And, for the record, our Belgians will DESTROY any trespassers

Mountain Lions and Liberals all digest the same

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
True or not, who cares. Great tale 5150

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I was serious about the Moose, and my Impala. If I get eggs, I am selling them!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Your dogs wouldn't stand a chance against a full grown mountain lion. Not that the lion would hang around to find out if they rushed it.

About cameras, ever consider a critter cam? They take good close ups, video and pics.

Stake it out near a carcass, go to sleep and review 'all' the critters next day.

critter cam

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Your dogs wouldn't stand a chance against a full grown mountain lion. Not that the lion would hang around to find out if they rushed it.

About cameras, ever consider a critter cam? They take good close ups, video and pics.

Stake it out near a carcass, go to sleep and review 'all' the critters next day.

critter cam

I'd put money on my Roo dog... a pissed off 80lb Belgian Malinois will slam and kill anything in her way. I LOVE that dog

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I'd call it "sir" !

Huge horns, mass plus speed ...

🤔😬
edit on 3-4-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Jesus, the Moose have carphilia

edit on 4/3/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

My money is on the wild animal, especially a cougar. More than likely they made the kill, will probably be 'around' till its consumed. Don't let your dogs anywhere near it for now.

There really is no competition, as long as the dogs don't get too close. Like these two, they seem to know better…

edit on 3-4-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Autoeroticism ... 😉

edit on 3-4-2016 by Timely because: Hating on androids

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

critter cam

We have 2 Belgian Malinois... Either one of our dogs on their own could destroy a mountain lion. They call them "Mali-gators" for a reason.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join