It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I will eliminate U.S. debt in 8 years

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I don't know why everyone gets excited about paying off their parents' and grandparents' selfish excesses. Sure, it would be great to be out of debt, but...

I'm not responsible for this bulls#. I'm not paying for previous generations' wars and entitlements I never had the option of endorsing or rejecting, but am now stuck financing like some kind of damn born slave.

No thanks. Find someone else to bail you out, Gramps.

Think of our children and our grandchildren.
Do you want them thinking the same thing about us that you just said about your grandfather? Or do you want them to thank us for making things better for future generations?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Think of our children and our grandchildren.
Do you want them thinking the same thing about us that you just said about your grandfather? Or do you want them to thank us for making things better for future generations?

I would think they'd want us to do all we can to end this whole charade, and not continue to play by the establishment's rules.

We're not doing them any favors by slaving away to pay for things we don't believe in, and aren't even responsible for in the first place. That's just stupidity.

What kind of example do we set for our children when we allow ourselves to be used and manipulated by evil people?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The way that money is printed and created out of thin air makes it impossible for the debt to ever be paid off. Ever.

Fed loans the US 2 unique rocks, the US agrees to pay back 3. Where does the third rock come from if there are only 2 in circulation?

There is no way to pay off the debt. Fiat currency. If it was backed by gold or silver or something else besides faith, then maybe it's possible.
edit on 4/3/2016 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
He must be planning on a huge tax increase somewhere. That ol' democrat.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ugie1028

There's several ways to prove this false.

The easiest would be take a look at the total assets of the US in comparison to our debt. We have much more in assets than debt.

Another way of looking at this, is to realize the creation of value is not entirely tied into the circulation and creation of currency.
edit on 3-4-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

The answer is a paradox itself. Debt indirectly increases circulation, improving the economy. This isn't why we don't pay it, this is why we create it. The question is why pay it, if we consistently plan on creating it?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
No president can eliminate this much insane amount of debt ever.Have to have entire reset or major war or something else happen.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: sdcigarpig

The answer is a paradox itself. Debt indirectly increases circulation, improving the economy. This isn't why we don't pay it, this is why we create it. The question is why pay it, if we consistently plan on creating it?
Because you owe a debt to people or things go poorly in bad directions and it will once again.The bible warns of not paying off debt.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Perhaps it should be 'deny ignorance
and hubris'.

Your fast with the labels of ignorance and stalker. Hubris is probably the worse form of ignorance there is.....

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I'm no less fast than your ad hominem, when the last comment I literally made, was "Good Job Trumpster" and almost have barely touched any other topics. I'm still waiting for quotes buddy otherwise you're baseless.

For that matter, can you quote me saying "Go Hillary!" OR "Feel the Bern!" # no you can't, you're just willing to say anything to persuade your incredibly inacurate and unlogical statement.
edit on 3-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Yeah but Jesus, our definition of debt is mind numbing, as in our country it's a literal depiction of prosperity.

Again, like someone else mentioned, the majority of debt is owed TO OURSELVES. This is inherently more obvious of the true situation if you step back and consider debt increases the economy.

It's artifical debt.
edit on 3-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thats his way of saying...elect him...then re-elect him again...for 8 years...and he'd get things fixed.

He should start by fixing his hair...and then his mouth...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: BlueAjah

You do know this wall is estimated to cost over 10 billion dollars. Increasing fees on the things you outlined won't put a dent into it. Not only that, what about the interest that will accrue on this 10 billion dollars? We won't exactly be paying for this in cash while receiving a small percentage of cash from these increased fees and the expected remittance from illegal wages (good luck on that one, most of it isn't on the books!)

10 billion isn't a lot out of the government's budget. So not really sure of your point. I've seen estimates of what illegals send to mexico a year and it was estimated at 24.8 billion lat year according to mexico. The trade imbalance sends another 55 billion to mexico. Then there is fees charged to cross the border and then there is also the money we give mexico every year. That alone would cover the interest on 10 billion and leave a lot left over. The money is there.

Now what you should be asking is is it worth it to that I'd say no. Take a 10th of that money spend it on enforcement of exiting laws. And prosecute companies that hire illegals. Right now let's be honest still cheaper to pay the fines. Setting up either a jail sentence or drastic increases in the fines should take care of it. If it could shut down a business for hiring illegals no business owner would be willing to take the risk. No jobs they won't come to the US they will stay home.I'd go as far as as financing INS on these fees charged it would motivate them to find people illegally hiring aliens.The other part to solve this is investment I'm mexico. US makes money and at the same time you raise there standard of living. Once they are on par with the US illegal I'm mag ration stops. This is why we don't have Canadians crossing to get jobs.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I was thinking for a while about what you wrote and what Donald said (which has a lot of people again saying he's nuts) as I was off doing other things and a question came to my mind. Is it possible he was insinuating, without actually having said it in this particular interview, it will take him 8 years to wean the U.S. off of the debt-based financial system we've been on for decades and decades and move us onto a system backed by gold and silver, similar to what we were on before the Federal Reserve was created?

I don't want to put words in his mouth, and I'm speculating without knowing, but I can't see how he could mean it any other way.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchenwow i could do it in 2 years how you ask easily taxes specifically sales tax of 4 cents on the dollar on every stock sold on wall street public wouldn't notice it and to be honest businesses might not like it but it would be that big a loss to them and most of them haven't been paying their taxes before this way they won't have a choice. also this will allow trillions of dollars that can be set up for national healthcare for everyone and a bigger budget for nasa

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well considering he wants to beef-up the military, build a wall and chip the Muslims for Fortress America, maybe he's just gonna extort the planet and threaten to free the crap out of anyone that doesn't pay up the trillions to cover the debt the banksters and corporations created.

You know, like what the mafia does.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

There is that as well, and then there is one other small detail that it seems as though all of the presidential candidates fail to consider. The congress, it is the one that has to approve or deny such, it is they that hold the purse strings.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Whats he going to do? Declare bankruptcy?

Sorry but you cant pay off $20 trillion in 8 years!

Now the deficit maybe? Thats doable and desirable.

But if trump cant distinguish between debt and deficit then he shouldn't be running for president.
edit on 3-4-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Donald Trump's degree is in economics and he has decades in business and is an iconic negotiator and deal-maker. I would put his expertise up against just about anybody else nowadays. Lots of "teachers" and few "doers" like to act like they know what's what, but he is a doer and at this point, I believe his skill set is what we need in this country.

Yes trumps trumps magic economic degree will magic away 20 trillion in debt.

And my magic biology degree will magically cure all cancer

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join