It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers being trained in a harsh interrogation that produces false confessions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

As the Guardian noted last year and the New Yorker discussed recently, school administrators are increasingly being trained as interrogators to extract confessions from students for so-called "crimes"—most often, minor offenses from schoolyard scuffles to insubordination. Instruction in the interrogation arts is provided by John E. Reid and Associates, a global interrogation training firm that contracts with police departments, armed services divisions and security companies around the country. According to the New Yorker, the company has taught its patented “Reid Technique” to hundreds of school administrators in eight states. That training may be leading to an increasing number of students 'fessing up, even when they have nothing to confess to.

As the New Yorker notes, “like the adult version of the Reid Technique, the school version involves three basic parts: an investigative component, in which you gather evidence; a behavioral analysis, in which you interview a suspect to determine whether he or she is lying; and a nine-step interrogation, a nonviolent but psychologically rigorous process that is designed, according to Reid’s workbook, ‘to obtain an admission of guilt.’”

www.alternet.org...

There is plenty more to read in the above source.

This is not education, no sir! Schools are becoming the new education Camps, and apparently some very mentally ill people who have enforced this kind of psychologically mind games on children should all be fired.

This is to install fear on all children and a way to control the children.

Nazi Germany, anyone?

ATS what is wrong with all of this?
edit on 3-4-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Sounds like this agenda is a response to the public education failures to fully control all "educated" citizens.

Those failures are a result of the older failures.

They are trying to create sheep from lions.

The police state is overwhelmed.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
HEy students!! pleAading the 5th is the way to snuff this technique out,that and patience OR just refuse to talk. When you get home and your parents hear of this the teachers can be held liable for terrorizing you.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
These exposed techniques by public schools opens the doors for a better home schooling program in law and the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
These exposed techniques by public schools opens the doors for a better home schooling program in law and the Constitution.

Could jus tmake it illegal to interact with students except for education instead. no mor e sports, no more anything bu t learning.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

This isn't surprising from all the other outrageous things that school administrators have done in the past. Some of those things deserve a severe beating in my opinion.
At my daughters school this hasn't happened yet, but I'll be looking for it. If I hear of this happening I will be doing some interrogating myself. Every parent should keep their focus on things like these and be prepared to deal with them severely.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

A good excuse to throw a bag over a superintendent some dark night.

Professionally trained to bully and coerce school children for rules infractions?

What a bunch of tough guys.

Perhaps a taste of the real world for these "educators".

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The “Reid Technique” is a mild interrogators technique used at Guantanamo bay without the waterboarding.

It is my "opinion" that this technique will attract Psychopath teachers who have a sick agenda against children.

What is Psychopathy?

Psychopathy is among the most difficult disorders to spot. The psychopath can appear normal, even charming. Underneath, they lack conscience and empathy, making them manipulative, volatile and often (but by no means always) criminal. They are an object of popular fascination and clinical anguish: adult psychopathy is largely impervious to treatment, though programs are in place to treat callous, unemotional youth in hopes of preventing them from maturing into psychopaths.

www.psychologytoday.com...

I believe teachers who are normal, are not going to submit to using this technique, and I wouldn't be surprised that many teachers will end up leaving the school system altogether and train for a new profession.

But then again, this will leave the psychopaths teaching our children.

When do we get to say enough, is enough?

Perhaps these psychopaths who enjoy playing mind games with our children should be exiled to North Korea since the Constitutions is their enemy.

The Reid Technique

The Reid Technique is a method of questioning suspects to try to assess their credibility. Supporters argue that the Reid Technique is useful in extracting information from otherwise unwilling suspects, while critics have charged the technique can elicit false confessions from innocent persons, especially children.

The term "Reid Technique" is a registered trademark of the firm John E. Reid and Associates, which offers training courses in the method they have devised. While the technique is widely used by law-enforcement agencies in North America, it has been criticized for its history of eliciting false confessions.

Reid's breakthrough case resulted in an overturned conviction decades later.

en.wikipedia.org...

The "Reid Technique" does not belong in our school system period. Now people are training our teachers to become Gestapo's.

I believe the NWO is quietly infiltrating itself in the American school system. There is nothing better than to brain washing our children at an early age to make them obedient, never question authority, and don't think for yourself. No wonder we have an entitlement society today, you can blame the school system for that, and not the parents.

I don't believe most parents are aware of the crap that's going on in their children school system, because they are to busy holding down two to three jobs trying to make end meet.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Crazy thing is they don't teach students logic. The basis for most knowledge and understanding. If they did the student would identify the leading questions imidiatly and defuse the interrogation.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I've heard of the Reid technique from a podcast on police interrogation, I keep it downloaded on my phone and relisten to it a couple times a year. I think the name of the podcast show is StuffYouShouldKnow, episode name is police interrogation, if you've even been worried about being in the wrong place at the wrong time and having your rights violated you should listen to it as well, lots of great info.

The Reid technique isn't just about what questions to ask, it's involves isolating the suspect, removing their sense of control, breaking them down and then convincing them that you have their best interest in mind and your just trying to help them out of a bad situation. It's disturbing how similar the technique is to some brainwashing techniques.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

edit on 0420160420161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Don't understand what is going on!

And all it takes is irate parents withdrawing kids and refusing to pay the salaries of these educators, refusing to pay their dental.

They're paid for by tax dollars and tuition.

Keep waiting for sanity and for people to stand up against this BS.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

There's a lot wrong with it, imho, but I am certainly not unfamiliar with it. My daughter is now 26. When she was a sophomore in high school at a charter school one had to test into (which, by the way, in my urban environs, I was quite grateful for the educational option, not having the money for a good private school) where the principal was former military officer: what became the "norm" there, in dealing with kids smoking and dealing pot, amongst themselves, was to bust one, and force them to make a list and inform on anyone else smoking, and their parents allowing it in their households, in exchange for not being kicked out of school.

What was wrong with that. IMHO, quite a lot. But then, I smoke pot. And firmly would do it all over again, allowing those kids a safe place to do the same, so they weren't driving while smoking or anywhere else out on the street. But def., there's quite a risk attendant to being a parent and having that viewpoint, and taking those risks.
tetra

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Someday...the PTA will just have to go down to the school and kick some teacher ass....these kind of sonsofbritches shouldn't be near children....

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This kind of stuff will always go on and keep getting worse. Too many people don't want to rock the boat and are happy to comply. The best thing that you can do to prevent it from happening to your child is tell your child that they should always instruct the authority in question that they won't answer any interrogation without a parent present. That is the best way to handle these situations.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I'd like to know why are the training teachers to do this? Is it teach kids they are 'authority' and because they don't know how argue back or resist these techniques, they become more compliant and 'respectfull' ?

I wonder what the purpose is of enhancing teacher skills in this area?

What other sorts of people are these people teaching these methods to I wonder?

Do they run courses for the public?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I never answer questions under duress, when I was in school and I was in trouble my staple was "is this a conversation?" Principle would say "yes." I would say,"I dont think I have anything to say." The usual thing would be akin to them saying, "your not going to defend yourself?" My answer is always, I've got nothing to say.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

This isn't surprising from all the other outrageous things that school administrators have done in the past. Some of those things deserve a severe beating in my opinion.
At my daughters school this hasn't happened yet, but I'll be looking for it. If I hear of this happening I will be doing some interrogating myself. Every parent should keep their focus on things like these and be prepared to deal with them severely.

The state of education today has legitimately influenced by choice to have children. I would probably be in jail TODAY if any one of the things I have seen happen in school happened to my kid, I can't imagine the bull# we are gonna be hearing in 5-10 years.......

Thus, since I don't want to go to jail, I'm seriously co aidering having no kids.

top topics

join