It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove that the Earth is Round.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
These threads always pop up at least once a month. Hey geniuses, how do you explain eclipses on your flat earth? What exactly is keeping the atmosphere in place?

This is why we shouldn't have taken warning labels off of everything.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Earth is a potato ?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

A little exaggerated but yeah...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

It makes sense really that it looks like an Asteroid as in a big chunk of rock floating in space, I only used potato because they used potatos for Asteroids in Empire Strikes Back

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

Don't sweat the little things. Just go outside and contemplate how the Sun increases in apparent size as the day goes on. That's a trick for an object supposedly 93 million miles away...

Get out the K_Y, things are going to get painful.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Hey you other geniuses, have you ever watched a t.v. show? Anything is possible to our eyes, no?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I'm not going to try to prove the Earth is round but rather that is not the way it is shown in this image.

I'll be using rough figures in this proof but it gets the point across.

The distance from the north pole (center of the circle) to the south pole (outer edge of the circle) is 12,430 miles. That would be the radius of the circle in this picture.

circumference= 2*pi*radius

2*pi*12,430 miles= 78099.9933692 miles

Therefore, the coastline of Antarctica would be roughly 78,100 miles. The actual coastline of Antarctica has been measured at 11,164 miles.

The longest distance across Antarctica traversing the South Pole is 3,337 miles; shortest distance traversing the South Pole 771 miles. That makes the average distance across Antarctica 2054 miles.

Using that figure times the circumference (2054*78,100) would put the area at 160,417,400 square miles. Even using the shortest distance gives an area of 60,215,100 square miles. The actual area is 5,405,430 square miles.

This proves that the flat Earth map is invalid.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This is why I support abortion rights.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

stop saying there are no non stop flights from so america to australia
www.smh.com.au...

here is non stop flights from australia to so america... do your research instead of beliving in dumb videos.

yes 20 years ago there were no non stop flights? y? Because the boeing 747 didnt have the fuel capacity. it would of just made it to the shore of australia. the 787 dreamliner has almost double the range, hence why there are now flights across the pacific. please dont believe everything you read. do your research instead of just taking it as truth mr sheep.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

ive been to antarctica -
twitter.com...
check it out... the bills posted our pics.

its tough to get there, lots of paperwork, but trust me, theres no wall of ice, theres lots of mountains...

please stop saying theres walls of ice, its not true. take it from someone who spent a month there. i would have noticed

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
i live 20 mins from niagara falls. you cant see toronto anywhere from niagara falls. so more bs.
if you goto the shore of lake ontario, you can see toronto. you can see half way up the cn tower. only half. even with binoculars. but you climb to the top of the escarpment in lewiston new york ( 1200 feet up ) and guess what... u can see almost all of the cn tower!
another proof of the earth being round. another that i have seen. would u like some pictures that i took from a u-2 spy plane that shows the curve? i can keep going.
all you flat earthers are what i call booyites ( border line retard uneducated bernie sanders lovers)
just stop already please . theres no proof at all the earth is flat, yet so many undeniable experiments, videos, and straight evidence of the earth being round.
stop agent008

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni

Great post, hope you don't mind if I use your image here.

Notice that the southern tips of Africa and South America point in completely different directions, whereas on a globe, they both point in the same direction. There is a very easy test to determine if that model of earth is accurate. Have 1 person from each continent look at the southern sky at the same time. If it is the same sky, only tilted, then it's a globe. If the sky is completely different, than the model holds merit. Well guess what? This easy experiment has been done over and over again and it has been verified that the southern sky is the same from both locations, which renders that version of earth impossible.

edit on 6 22 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

you want evidence that the earth is a spheroid :

POLARIS

thread over

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

that is NOT what the world looks like without water - why not go back and look at the correct captionat the origional source - and marvel at what that graphic actually depicts

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Go out to sea on a ship... get another guy to travel in another ship in the opposite direction.. notice how at one point his ship sinks below the horizon.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ironicinori
I'll never understand how people can just shut their eyes to the evidence that's right in front of them. Then they use the argument "open your eyes and discover for yourself!"

You know how they first hypothesized the earth was round? Ships disappeared over the horizon as they sailed away! That's right. They most definitely DO DISAPPEAR if you keep watching them!

Yeh then get a telescope, point it at the ship and it will come back into view until
It vanishes to a dot in the distance.

Cities can been seen from 60 miles away, impossible if the maths for curvature are correct.

Curvature of the earth is not a argument against flat earth, it's impossible to see a curve anywhere on earth.

edit on Sunday20162016-06-26T13:33:25-05:00pm303320166 by thesneakiod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Lysergic

my question is... why is our species getting stupider?

Makes me sad

The irony in that quote is breathtaking....

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesneakiod

I'll never understand how people can just shut their eyes to the evidence that's right in front of them. Then they use the argument "open your eyes and discover for yourself!"

You know how they first hypothesized the earth was round? Ships disappeared over the horizon as they sailed away! That's right. They most definitely DO DISAPPEAR if you keep watching them!

Yeh then get a telescope, point it at the ship and it will come back into view until

Cities can been seen from 60 miles away, impossible if the maths for curvature are correct.

Perfectly possible when the different air temperatures cause the light to bend.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: thesneakiod

Perfectly possible when the different air temperatures cause the light to bend.

You mean a mirage? At what distance does this start to happen? As with the Bedford canal experiment, which has a 6 mile straight, which should've been a drop of 18 feet, yet the boat and flag was still visible?

I'm not a flat earther by any stretch. But Imo this planet is way bigger than we think it is, because drops should be visible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join