It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Panama Papers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I did not read all the replies but I just got this in:

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

800 Australians investigated after offshore accounts leak
KRISTEN GELINEAU, Associated Press

SYDNEY (AP) — More than 800 wealthy Australians are under investigation by the Australian Taxation Office for possible tax evasion linked to their alleged dealings with a Panamanian law firm, the tax agency said on Monday.

The investigation comes one day after an international coalition of media outlets published details of an investigation into the offshore financial dealings of the world's wealthy elite, based on a massive cache of documents provided by an anonymous source. The Washington-based International Consortium of Investigative Journalists said the cache of 11.5 million records detailed the offshore holdings of a dozen current and former world leaders, along with businessmen, celebrities and sports stars.

See link for the rest of the article

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
well all and all the first head falling is the Icelandic prime minister.... !
and the rest of the western nations are ofcourse by default the most honest peopple in the world

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Some thing stinks about this !
400 journalists are a part of this !
NSA CIA FBI KGB CI5 would ALL know about this.
and No one stop't them???? no one's dead?
this IS a set up.

more resons for THEM to attak USSR and others.

Or your perception of how the world works enveloped in a giant world order conspiracy is nonsense! Maybe the world is like a lot of us believe where the vast majority of "conspiracies" are actually screw ups and ass covering excercises. The number of real conspiracies, false flags etc are very few. Not forgetting that the security agencies are not as competent as you think (or have to be for the conspiracies to work) and are often ignorant hence their desire for blanket surveillance as uncovered by Snowden.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2
The timing and happenstance leaves me feeling more than a little unsettled.

The news here is starting to cover this story and focusing entirely on Putin, at a time when we are amassing troops along the Russian border. The media has managed to gloss over the others' wrongdoing.

Considering that the CIA would be the one agency with the foreknowledge of these crimes, and stood by doing nothing all this time, yet now 'allows' the information to leak out... well, I think everyone should be worried. When it becomes front page on American newspapers then you know something is about to happen...

There we go again. Assuming a level of competence amongst the security services which means they "must" be hiding something. Take a step back and ask yourself what would happen if the security services are often incompetant. Ooops, explains a lot, explains all these powers they apparently need, explains how bad things happen (which some people have to explain as a false flag!).

THink about this for a minute. We have leaders like Putin who used to work for the KGB. Do you not think he would know what other security services would know? With that knowledge and his corrupt hold on power in Russia and his money he is going to know where to hide his ill gotten gains ?

No one really knows the how and whys but I do know one thing. A piss.d off employee can very dangerous.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You know what's REALLY interesting... how there's very little mention of the US in this. Where are all their cheating, selfish, slimy, corrupt politicians, corporations and agencies?

I do not believe for one second that there is no American implication in all of this.

It's also fascinating to see the ENTIRE Russian media ignoring this. All the pro-Russian freaks on here now have to concede defeat - why, if your precious Russia is so great and their (Kremlin controlled) media so "free" has NOT ONE broadcaster talked about the corrupt dealings of Putin's close friends?

It's also going to be interesting to see where all these links are going over the next few months. Hopefully more will be revealed and we might get some precious nuggets leading to bigger stories - like which fake companies run by one rich government official in one country are sending money to agents in other countries to carry out certain things.

Remember, the reason this is so important is not because of the criminality and immorality of them hoarding their own wealth in off-shore havens, it's more about the fact that this was a clearing house for the most corrupt and criminal dealings by the wealthiest and more powerful around the world.

Their clients were guaranteed complete and total anonymity, and states (as well as corporations) took advantage of that for various reasons, likely including corruption, sinister plots, destabilization efforts, bribes, assassinations... you name it, it's likely to be there buried in all this.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
well all and all the first head falling is the Icelandic prime minister.... !
and the rest of the western nations are ofcourse by default the most honest peopple in the world

I guess you missed the part about Australia, New Zealand and the UK having members of government implicated in this too?

Sorry buddy, you can't claim that this is some "anti-Russian plot".

Although, I think we're all just itching to see what information they dig out about US corporations, politicians and agencies.

I'm waiting for it. I don't believe for one second that American butts are clean in all this. I have a sneaky suspicion that these revelations might be some of the most shocking, which is why they're waiting to reveal the full scope of US involvement.

Get the attention, get all eyes on the story, then drop more and more shocking revelations to keep the attention, the readers and the story going - that's how they usually do these things.

Important to remember that they've only gone through a tiny amount of information so far. There's masses of data there to sift through and it could take years.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Oh, and just to add, if a country is trying to hide this story, like Russia and China, you know they're a sh*tting a brick right now. If they didn't have anything to hide they would not be working so damn hard to keep this away from their own citizens.

If they had nothing to be ashamed or, nothing to be scared about, no reason to be worried, they would not be silencing their own media.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I did not read all the replies but I just got this in:

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

800 Australians investigated after offshore accounts leak
KRISTEN GELINEAU, Associated Press

SYDNEY (AP) — More than 800 wealthy Australians are under investigation by the Australian Taxation Office for possible tax evasion linked to their alleged dealings with a Panamanian law firm, the tax agency said on Monday.

The investigation comes one day after an international coalition of media outlets published details of an investigation into the offshore financial dealings of the world's wealthy elite, based on a massive cache of documents provided by an anonymous source. The Washington-based International Consortium of Investigative Journalists said the cache of 11.5 million records detailed the offshore holdings of a dozen current and former world leaders, along with businessmen, celebrities and sports stars.

See link for the rest of the article

Just found this too: Panama Papers Allegedly List Over 500 Indians In Unprecedented Data Leak

Still no Americans involved yet? Anyone heard otherwise?

ETA just found this too...wonder what it means? Is the s about to htf?

edit on 4-4-2016 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2016 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Canadians exposed

Among the leaked records is info on the offshore assets of several hundred Canadians, including lawyers, mining and oil executives, business people and even known fraudsters. None of them are prominent personalities, however.

www.cbc.ca...

So far…

When a can of worms gets opened, you only see the top ones getting exposed first.

And this is only one company serving the ‘safe Havens’ crowd, I’m sure there are many others.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
When a can of worms gets opened, you only see the top ones getting exposed first.

Yep, that's why I'm paying close attention to this and looking forward to seeing plenty more revelations over the coming weeks and months.
I have a feeling there's going to be a lot more to this story than we're currently seeing.
I can also imagine that plenty of individuals will be vanishing over the next few days, so that's something to keep an eye on, especially in Russia and China where making someone "vanish" is far easier with total and utter media control.

I would not want to be a financial adviser to the rich and powerful in many of these countries right now, there's likely plans to clean up "loose ends" by many of those implicated.

originally posted by: masqua
And this is only one company serving the ‘safe Havens’ crowd, I’m sure there are many others.

This is only one, but it's the biggest, and it has dealings with those others too. Just today HSBC has been significantly implicated, and Anglo Irish has just been implicated in the last half an hour too.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
BBC Now reporting that Mossack Fonseca knowingly worked with criminals, assisting to launder the proceeds of the '83 bullion robbery of Heathrow.

Some of the proceeds from the £26m Brink's-Mat gold bullion robbery near Heathrow airport in 1983 were transferred into a shell company set up by Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca, the leaked papers reveal. The robbers melted down some of the stolen gold bullion and eventually turned that into cash, which they then moved offshore using a Panamanian company to buy property to launder the cash. The documents allege it was Mossack Fonseca that helped the robbers set up that offshore company. According to the leaked information, the law firm continued to help the Brink's-Mat robbers launder their cash even after it was informed that it was working with the proceeds of crime.

So, it looks like their denials of any wrong-doing have been totally and utterly destroyed!
Looks like the juicy stuff is really starting to leak out now. If they can prove this from those leaked documents then there's going to be plenty more criminality to come.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
As expected No mention of David Cameron on these papers

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Why no mention of beloved holy Saint David Cameron yet?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
It's also fascinating to see the ENTIRE Russian media ignoring this. All the pro-Russian freaks on here now have to concede defeat - why, if your precious Russia is so great and their (Kremlin controlled) media so "free" has NOT ONE broadcaster talked about the corrupt dealings of Putin's close friends?

Official statement :

Kremlin says expected more of information attacks against Putin, his friends

The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) published on Sunday some 11.5 million documents revealing "the offshore links of some of the planet’s most prominent people." The leak includes material on hidden financial dealings of a range of Russian legal entities and individuals. Authors of the investigation claim that these operations could be tied to associates of Russian President Vladimir Putin, but said that the Russian leader’s name is not actually mentioned in the files.

RT :

‘Goebbels had less-biased articles’: Public slams MSM for Putin focus after Panama papers leak

On the other hand, the current Ukrainian President is personally named ... but the focus goes on Putin.
I'd be interested to see how the Russians and the rest of the World will handle theses informations in order to charge their respective 'national' culprits.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

Still no Americans involved yet? Anyone heard otherwise?

Here is one American that has been named. Business Guru Marianna Olszewski

www.bbc.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

She was once engaged to be married to Charlie Butter, Godson of Queen Elizabeth II
edit on 4-4-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
As expected No mention of David Cameron on these papers

I'm waiting to see it, if it's there.
Don't be assuming that it has to be there just because you desperately want it to be so. There are plenty of politicians out there who are not implicated in this because they had no involvement, not because there is some kind of "cover up".

Remember, this story went out to plenty of news agencies, not *just* the ones you imagine are "evil western controlled stooges".

Not every politician is idiotic enough to try this either. Perhaps some of them used more elaborate cloaking methods too. Perhaps some of them just aren't as morally corrupt as you assume them to be (and believe me, I am NO FAN of Cameron).

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Damn, double post!
edit on 4-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

If there are any hackers out there, yea right, and they wanted to do some real good and have some fun at the same time.

Might I suggest they dig a little for the numbers of those politicians with big accounts and "reset" them ALL to zero.

Yep, I am advocating that some one could easily wipe out all the wealth of these "greedy money-suckers" and bring them down to their knees.

Most of the money is either from bribes or taxes anyway, so its not like they earned it.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
On the other hand, the current Ukrainian President is personally named ... but the focus goes on Putin.
I'd be interested to see how the Russians and the rest of the World will handle theses informations in order to charge their respective 'national' culprits.

Not so, Ukraine is being talked about just as much as Putin here in the UK. Don't be trying to pretend that this is all about Putin in the eyes of the "evil West", it's absolutely not.

Ukraine, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, all of these are being talked about across the media here, so your knee-jerk claims that this is all incredibly unfair and biased (basically parroting the pathetic excuses of Putin and his cronies) carries absolutely no weight at all.

And it makes no difference what RT (America) is reporting on this, there is not one piece in ANY Russian media outlet talking about this, not one.

RT has branches all over the world, what matters is what Kremlin-controlled media is reporting INSIDE Russia - or not reporting at all.
edit on 4-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is truly immense. Biggest news story of the decade?

Watch it get hushed up by the media...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join