It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polygamous Mormon cult members believe the apocalypse is coming with release of leader Warren Jeffs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: olaru12

Many Christians think that Mormonism in its entirety is a cult.

And many Christians don't.
Choose a side -- We all must have a "side", now, right?

I think mine is obvious. Why did you edit your post. I'm not ashamed of my anti religion views.

Should I be censored for my beliefs like some apparently want to shut me up. Like Mormons used to do to Black people?

edit on 3-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think mine is obvious. Why did you edit your post. I'm not ashamed of my anti religion views.

This is what I responded to, you said:

You didn't speak for yourself and your anti-religious views. You spoke on behalf of 'many Christians".

I changed my post because I wanted to. Do I need another reason? It occurred to me the set up was more divisiveness, and I'm quite sick of it, which I implied by 'choose a side", in case you missed it.

edit on 4/3/2016 by angeldoll because: Yeah, I changed my post again. Because I wanted to.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

This is what I responded to, you said:

You didn't speak for yourself and your anti-religious views. You spoke on behalf of 'many Christians".

BS...I didn't speak on behalf of anyone. I just spoke the truth about what a lot of Christian churches believe.

www.biblebelievers.com...
edit on 3-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

Off-topic-ness aside...

You can't just cast that aside. The thread title suggests the thread is about a doomsday prophecy of the FLDS cult (and I say "suggests" because the word "Mormon" is used, which in common usage denotes members of the mainstream church, and not those of the FLDS--misrepresentation from the start).

The doomsday prophecy has been discussed little. How much Mormons suck has been discussed more.

The article and the thread are both hate pieces designed to evoke this very thing, and I think you know that.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Meh. Who cares. I posted on this thread because I thought it was concerning the criminality of Warren Jeffs.
Apparently not.
Off I go, I don't care about the rest of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
Damn Wednesday is payday. Why can't it be Thursday. I need to get my money.
Wednesday is no good for me either, Friday works.

These cultists better not be right... they seem to be wrong in general.
edit on 3-4-2016 by peppycat because: political correctness... my mistake

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

Off-topic-ness aside...

You can't just cast that aside. The thread title suggests the thread is about a doomsday prophecy of the FLDS cult (and I say "suggests" because the word "Mormon" is used, which in common usage denotes members of the mainstream church, and not those of the FLDS--misrepresentation from the start).

The doomsday prophecy has been discussed little. How much Mormons suck has been discussed more.

The article and the thread are both hate pieces designed to evoke this very thing, and I think you know that.

I'm glad you posted this, I have met super kind and everyday average people that are Mormon. I had to edit a post because I don't want to clump the Mormons I have met with any cult like offshoot of the Mormon church.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I guess you're mormon.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
More religious nutcases oh goody. If i am not mistaken the same cult that Mitt Romney is in correct?

Mormons are not a cult; even though they believe in a Silver Salamander called "Moroni" and Jesus lived here in 700 AD to spring forward their domination of America. FLDS are better version of Mormonism if a tried and true polygamist. How does Jeffs get out of jail/pass go 200.00 dollars free card?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

... even though they believe in a Silver Salamander called "Moroni" and Jesus lived here in 700 AD to spring forward their domination of America.

All of which is total bulls#.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

I guess you're mormon.

I was for about 5 years.

I married a man raised in the church. He wanted to try it as a married couple.

We left, officially, because of Prop 8.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

... even though they believe in a Silver Salamander called "Moroni" and Jesus lived here in 700 AD to spring forward their domination of America.

All of which is total bulls#.

Blankman; what is the problem other than I cannot perceive you? Oh its you NthOther! What is the problem with the bullets?
edit on 4-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
More religious nutcases oh goody. If i am not mistaken the same cult that Mitt Romney is in correct?

Mormons are not a cult; even though they believe in a Silver Salamander

The Silver Salamander story by Mark Hofmann is a fraud.

One thing I learned when I was Mormon is how many non-Mormons are "experts" on Mormonism.

I remembered being asked a question. I gave an honest answer. Then was told my answer was wrong. That was in person, but it happens all the time in discussion on the net.

There is so much wrong information about Mormons on the net, you have to check everything you read with someone who actually knows

If it's not from an official LDS site, it's probably bunk.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Is there some truth to the theology of the Mormon faith. It seems secret or hidden. Do they believe in Jesus as birthed on February 3rd in the year Zero or anything other than as a Latter Day Saint; (sent to them special AGAIN) manifested and came back to exist in 700 AD America as a modern day prophet risen to guide this group of individuals (Joseph Smith/Brigham Young). I am curious is all. Howard Hughes hired Mormons for a reason/they were trustworthy.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
In every book of mormon there is an image and in the image there is a god of min with his pecker out the cock god they believe in that explains the masturbation over 17x a day the sexual deviate god tells him to do it."it puts the lotion on "

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: PEOPLESREPUBUCC1308
In every book of mormon there is an image and in the image there is a god of min with his pecker out the cock god they believe in that explains the masturbation over 17x a day the sexual deviate god tells him to do it."it puts the lotion on "

I have not seen EVERY SINGLE book of Mormon printed; but I do not remember the few I pawed as a "Picture Book". Lotion, lotion..Jergens or Ponds cold cream? Was this a demi-god; as would explain everything.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Mormons are basically Christians. When I went it was all about bible study and memorizing scripture. Jesus Christ is there only savior. They do not worship Joseph Smith.

As far as Jesus appearing in America. Why not? Did he not appear to some after he died and was resurrected? If he's a spirit being who can manifest himself --- I don't think he's held by country borders.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: PEOPLESREPUBUCC1308

Got a link to prove that?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Mormons are basically Christians. When I went it was all about bible study and memorizing scripture. Jesus Christ is there only savior. They do not worship Joseph Smith.
As far as Jesus appearing in America. Why not? Did he not appear to some after he died and was resurrected? If he's a spirit being who can manifest himself --- I don't think he's held by country borders.

Interesting. Why would Jesus NOT appear here. Native Americans of different Nations talk about the Great White Father that appeared among them and spoke of what we now know of as Christian values (WHAT!) true! before they ever had contact with Catholic Jesuit missionaries.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
they are just trying to find a way to defend him. what is it with mormons and little kids?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join