It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea could practice an EMP attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hello

I've found this creepy article at this site : allnewspipeline.com...

In 2004, Russian generals warned the EMP Commission the design for their super-EMP warhead leaked "accidentally" to North Korea. A super-EMP weapon would probably be small enough to fit on North Korea's satellites.

Cruz said North Korea's Feb. 7 launch of the KSM-4 satellite, orbiting the U.S., could practice an EMP attack that would blackout the national grid, killing millions. "Instant experts" in the Washington Post belittled Cruz, claiming (inaccurately) that EMP attack requires a high-yield H-bomb, too big for the satellite, and great accuracy.

This is a serious treath

The video below explains what EMP is

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Helenamatias

Theres no such thing as a "Super EMP Weapon". All nuclear weapons produce an Electro Magnetic Pulse, the larger the yield, the stronger the pulse, the effects of which are hardly as destructive as all the other effects, like heat, blast and radiation.

The destruction of a militaries ability to fight is done with many nuclear bombs detonated as nearly all at once as possible directly over their intended targets.

The notion of pre disabling a countries retaliation capability by hi altitude emp bursts is a misnomer, all it serves to do is tell the enemy you are coming, giving sufficient time to retaliate anyway before the actual bombs arrive and destroy their targets.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The book One Second After Covers this scenario.

Also the game Homefront (Watch Toward the end):

a reply to: intrptr

There is a saying the US military is 50 years more advanced than many of the technology we see right now. I'm pretty sure if N. Korea do something crazy, the US will unleash their new toys against them and use that show of force as a way to deter Russia and China.

edit on 4/3/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Tks for your reply, very informative

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Tks

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The only thing NK is good at is bs. Fatboy over there likes being in the western news. If we all just ignored him he might actually knuckle up one day and we could make that mudhole we're all dying for.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

There is a saying the US military is 50 years more advanced than many of the technology we see right now.

The Germans had a term for that delusion, they called it Wunderwaffe, or wonder weapons.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I wouldn't be too very concerned for the near future. Rather....I'd respectfully suggest you consider another news source. That site looks just a bit sketchy to me; any site with scare stories about Planet X raises a red flag in my mind.

So.....you might want to do a bit more research into the topic before jumping to conclusions. A succesful nation-wide blackout EMP attack would require multiple bombs of very high yield. According to one expert I heard, it could be successfully done with truck based electronic hardware, but it would be necessary to hit multiple points along a grid line to disrupt, for example, the north east corridor. But even that hit could be repaired within a week or so.

My biggest fear would be an X Flare replicating the Carrington event. That is the ultimate EMP attack.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Helenamatiasstory themaelvess

Here is the issue wirh them trying or actually pulling off such things(which the couldn't anyway)....and we've got to understand this about them.

If they tried or could attempt such a thing...they know it would be the complete destruction of their country. Leveled for a parking lot for our military.

They would do/try such a thing and know it means to immediately destroy and kill their entire country. They would want to win such a "attack-war" and live victorious....yet they know they will all die...so they won't do anything.

Posture and puff up their chests, yeah. But they know it means total destruction for them. They may be dumb....but aren't stupidly suicidal.

MS
edit on 3-4-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The problem with an EMP weapon is not that it is immensely destructive to electronics and power infrastructure
(which it is) and could cripple most if not any country that depends in such its that you wont get ALL your
enemy the us for example has battle groups and assets scattered across the globe and to a lesser extent
so do most other NATO states and Russia and china so who ever gets hit will still have operational assets
in the field that wont take long to A determine who fired the weapon and B turn them in to a smoking
hole in the ground so the use of such a weapon is no more practical a weapon of war than a "normal"
nuclear attack so even if NK has such a device available and the means to deliver it its use would be
suicide i doubt kimmy is quite that crazy "yet".

as others have put for damage of this kind i would be far more worried about the sun releasing a
X plus flare our way as it can produce the effects of emp across a hemisphere or even globally!
and the more dependant we become on large scale networks and micro technology
the more vulnerable we become.
and its not an if it's a when the carrington event proved that.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yes the could. Right in the center of Pyongyang and not have to worry about losing power.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Practice an EMP attack?

I dont think they need to practice since it appears they already perfected it.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helenamatias
Hello

I've found this creepy article at this site : allnewspipeline.com...

In 2004, Russian generals warned the EMP Commission the design for their super-EMP warhead leaked "accidentally" to North Korea. A super-EMP weapon would probably be small enough to fit on North Korea's satellites.

Cruz said North Korea's Feb. 7 launch of the KSM-4 satellite, orbiting the U.S., could practice an EMP attack that would blackout the national grid, killing millions. "Instant experts" in the Washington Post belittled Cruz, claiming (inaccurately) that EMP attack requires a high-yield H-bomb, too big for the satellite, and great accuracy.

This is a serious treath

The video below explains what EMP is

youtu.be...

I thought that satellite was tumbling out of control?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
How does a satellite 'orbit the US'.. You mean its has a Geo-lock with North America?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Umm no.

You think the US would be silly enough to let anything come anywhere near close enough to cause harm?

Nope, it would never happen.

First of all, it's got to actually work......probably won't.
Secondly, it's got to make it's way to or over the US.....Not a chance.
Thirdly, you don't think the US knows absolutely what happens and when in that country?

They'll probably be able to measure the density of the steam coming from an individuals piss from space if they wanted. Ain't no way anything like this would happen from a country constantly bragging about how they're going to attack every 5 minutes.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The notion of pre disabling a countries retaliation capability by hi altitude emp bursts is a misnomer

I would love a source for that claim...because Starfish Prime (when we learned about EMP's from nukes) a 1.44 megaton nuclear test 205 miles up destroyed electronics 898 mi away in Hawaii...Considering the US is only around 2000 miles wide. a nuke detonated 250 miles above Nebraska would damage electronics from coast to coast... maybe you dont understand what an EMP is? or how one works...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You think the US would be silly enough to let anything come anywhere near close enough to cause harm?
a reply to: CaptainBeno

you know NK's last satellite passed over the USA like 60 times a day right?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

The notion of pre disabling a countries retaliation capability by hi altitude emp bursts is a misnomer

I would love a source for that claim...because Starfish Prime (when we learned about EMP's from nukes) a 1.44 megaton nuclear test 205 miles up destroyed electronics 898 mi away in Hawaii...Considering the US is only around 2000 miles wide. a nuke detonated 250 miles above Nebraska would damage electronics from coast to coast... maybe you dont understand what an EMP is? or how one works…

The EMP was not a a full outage of everything within a 2000 mile radius, in fact the test that resulted in the outages in Hawaii , the theory being that the current rode earths magnetic field lines and dumped in Hawaii. Hardly controllable, it was more a fluke. Same thing happened with other hi altitude tests. One time the current travelled in hi tension wires and burned out some transformers, another time it followed steel railroad tracks. Current from emp needs to have a conductor to build in and travel along, its not an all destructive force radiating through all electronics within the EMP radius. They can't plan an attack to disable all electronics, it isn't certain how the emp will behave.

Neither are combined detonations spaced equally apart effective as they tend to cancel each other out. An EMP attack is the last thing you want to do first, it tells the other side you're coming effectively removing the element of surprise.

Like shooting in the air before shooting at your target…

Myths about EMP

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

I would love a source for that claim...because Starfish Prime (when we learned about EMP's from nukes) a 1.44 megaton nuclear test 205 miles up destroyed electronics 898 mi away in Hawaii...Considering the US is only around 2000 miles wide. a nuke detonated 250 miles above Nebraska would damage electronics from coast to coast... maybe you dont understand what an EMP is? or how one works...

Theres been testing of EMP on alot of tech we currently have. only th emost computerizedf things were disabled(military stuff rebooted just fine) and mos tcars would survive a EMP as well according to testing. teh POWER LINES THOUGH are a different story though.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Intresting article about a EMP Drone in development.

Raytheon EMP weapon tested by Boeing, USAF Research Lab

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join