It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel...What year would you travel to?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

It would probably be my first and last time travel, but darn it I wanna see those Jesus horses.

So yeah, back around 150 million years or so. Dinosaurs were always a favorite of mine. For anything else, there's always the History channel.
And ancient aliens,....JK.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

originally posted by: Godthief

originally posted by: Godthief

If you could Time Travel what year would you go back to? From 1492 until 2016.

Example: I would time travel to the year 2006 to see if my ex-girlfriend was really cheating on my with my best friend!
I expect y'all are having fun with this huh? So all jokes aside (if I'm capable) I just happened to come across something very interesting the other night while I was getting # done. I'm sure you all would wanna hear about this one because it's bigger than anything I've ever come across and I've seen some pretty cool #.
really? Time travel thread but what I've got isn't that interesting?

Let's hear it...
Thank you quantum 13. It's a time paradox that caused me to complete what I'm going to round off as 6,000 years of work practicality over night and now I'm way the # ahead of schedule and completed to the extent of all mankind's work until the next creation. Funny how that works isn't it, the god damn dragon from the pit, enemy of man is now a man himself because my way isn't a beliefe system. It's my way mother #ers.period.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Harut

Nice photo!!! Time machine door opens for you.

Be safe.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

Nice post! I got your point. G-D's clock is set at a different speed. So one second on his watch is one year to us humans. So I can understand how your 6000 year travel is almost finished.

A few people I know were stuck in time because he forgot to set the clock back...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The time travel series "11.22.63" based on Stephen King's book of the same name suggested that pie tasted better in 1960.

Can I go back to 1960 and have some pie?
edit on 5-4-2016 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Your funny here is some pie 3.14926.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Godthief

Nice post! I got your point. G-D's clock is set at a different speed. So one second on his watch is one year to us humans. So I can understand how your 6000 year travel is almost finished.

A few people I know were stuck in time because he forgot to set the clock back...
That's not exactly what happened, and no one is stuck anywhere now thanks to that "all inclusive" #. Couldn't find a way around that one in 95,000,000,000 years.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Are we allowed to change anything, I always wish I could go back as a child say like 12 years old but with knowledge I have know and right the wrongs that I did growing up that would be sweet

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jmonsta0710

Door is open for you go back with everything you know!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You would have wasted your trip(s) if your sole mission was to fix the O-ring issue...because the O-ring wasn't really the problem. Take it from someone who worked with NASA on STS-51L, the problem wasn't just an O-ring, but rather a mentality...a culture.

You have to put yourself inside the heads of the people in the program at the time. In their minds (then) the Shuttle was far more robust than it was in reality. They were constantly pushing the envelope to see what it could do. 51L showed everyone the boundaries of this envelope. The culture had grown to the point where the program believed they had created the A-10 Warthog of spaceflight, a durable, reusable, workhorse of a spacecraft. In reality though it was a staggeringly complex and fragile system.

On that cold morning of January 28, 1986 caution was thrown to the wind; egos and pride got in the way of common sense. The green light for launch at 26 degrees F should have never been granted. And they KNEW this. They knew the SRB's were only certified for 40 degrees minimum, but they released 51L for launch anyway. Oh sure, they talked about it; NASA and Morton Thiokol did. NASA wanted to lauch, MT wasn't so sure. NASA wanted to launch (and save face)...big time, and at the end of the day MT didn't want to be the reason why they didn't launch. So, rather than say "NO!", they caved...and the entire World got to watch in horror as 4.4 million pounds of arguably one of mankind's greatest accomplishments was transformed into tiny shards of twisted titanium, aluminum and a massive fireball of twisted wreckage...all in 73 seconds...taking the lives of all seven (7) crewmembers along with it.

THAT...is the problem you'd need to fix!

You know, one thing you seldom hear about 51L is that there was a pretty strong probability it would have failed anyway, even if the booster hadn't ruptured. It would have been something else; something they didn't learn until many years later...ice! Massive sheets of ice shedding off the liquid fuel tank raining down on the Shuttle and everything else, hammering off tiles and slicing through anything and everything.

I walked in the door from work that day, January 28, 1986. I was kicking myself for not leaving earlier, for not having worked a half day so I could watch the launch I'd worked so hard to see happen. My roommate at the time was sitting there on the couch watching TV. He was as white as a sheet. The time was exactly 0939L, I remember; I looked at my watch. I was one measly minute late; I'd driven as fast as I could. Dennis looked up at me from the couch and said six words. Those six words would forever change my life.

"Bob, the Shuttle just blew up"

I didn't even believe him at first, I thought he was joking or I'd misheard him. "What do you mean...the Shuttle just blew up???" I said, as I rounded the corner to see the TV. I knew instantly, when I saw the forked SRB trails, there had been a catastrophic failure. I knew that jettisoning the SRBs was one of the emergency procedures in an abort, but as I watched it over and over again, 51L just didn't come out of the plume. She just vanished. It was heartbreaking.

THAT is what you'd have to fix.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Wow, if I could give you one hundred stars I would. It is amazing that you worked on the mission. Your blood and sweat poured out to help give mankind a hope to find out who we are.

I understand now from you great words why the shuttle blew up. I hope many people read you reply and I would hope you will start a thread of what you know. Your one brave person.

I was sitting in middle school in 1986 when the principal announced what hap happened. I will tell you my friend. I cried. All my class mates cried. I know what you must have gone thru. Peace
edit on 4 11 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Thank you for taking the time to write that!!!!! Wow, I still remember that day. I was in the 6th grade and we had a snow day. I had gone next door to watch with my school teacher neighbor. She cried so hard, at first I didn't understand what was happening but then I did. And it was so shocking and heart breaking. Thank you again for filling in the pieces that we may have never known.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

A small world I was in six grade also. We must be the same age.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You know that you should NEVER ask a lady her age. HAHA Yes, I am the BIG 40

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I guess in such a very short span of time as you've offered, I wouldn't go back to the 15th century or anything. My own time of great interest lies about 4,000 years before then.

So, I'd likely go back to either 1986 or 1984. Why? Because in my memory, the Challenger disaster happened in 1984. But now, everyone says it was 1986. And for me, it could not have been in that year.

In other words, I would be looking for some kind further validation for the Mandela Effect. Yes, I know there's a paradox: if I go back to 1984, does it mean in this time line or the one I actually recall? But even so, I'd be interested to see -- well, what I'd see.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

JustMike, the Time Machine awaits you. You can goto any timeline of your choice.

As for the Mandela Effect...

My experience doesnt involve a memory as much as a strange coincidence. For years I firmly believed there to be 52 states in America. Quite a shock when I found out there was only 50,

After this, I must have asked 25-30 people (in Europe, as I’m Irish), literally everbody I met, how many states in America. Every one said 52. After I said there was 50, their reaction remained ‘oh yea. wierd.’

Maybe theres another explanation for it, but occasionally I still ask and hear 52!

I encourage anybody reading this to ask people away from America (who wouldn’t know as readily) and see how many times 52 is replied!

Source

edit on 11/4/16 by JustMike because: I added the "ex" tags to the quoted materal. No other changes were made to the post.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Mine is the The Bernstein Bears. I loved them as a kid. Don't know how I ended up in a world that has The Berenstain Bears!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I thought 52 States as well.

I also thought Australia was further south and more remote than it is these days and that New Zealand was further west. There's a whole thread on here about that.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

LOL, I thought Antartica was in Canada. I was wrong.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
Hey--- don't throw mamma off the train

*time travel for earth people should be left to us bears

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join