It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Android 5.1 youtube red problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
OK I'm running 5.1 Android and signed up for youtube red.
My settings are such to where I can choose to keep playing videos when the youtube app is minimised and I'm say, browsing with Opera or chrome.

Thing is, it keeps stopping 2 to 5 minutes in. Really annoying. I have cleared the cache to youtube app and ensured the settings allow minimised app continuous play.

Help. Lol I love those 1 to 9 hour long sleep dark ambient Drones to sleep to or while I'm surfing the net.

Anyone know a fix? Went to ask youtube abs google but they only have a forum and most of it has foreign folk with no options for just English only.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

If your phone is rooted, download xposed and install, then download the youtube background playback module.
That fixed the issue for me.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sounds like you may need to go through your apps and disable/uninstall the bloatware that came with the phone. That's what fixed several of my problems with my old LG G3. It ran like a new phone after that. Also, you could then uninstall/reinstall the youtube red app.

Are you using wifi to connect at home, or 4G? Switch to wifi at home if you haven't already done so.

Disclaimer: The above is providing youtube red isn't having their own issues.

edit on 4/3/2016 by Klassified because: disclaimer

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Expecting non interrupted streaming for hours and hours is unrealistic while other surfing windows are going in and out and page to pages you're accessing. Not impossible....but consider this.

You're holding one with your finger on it without letting go for hours while the other hand is going in and out of other page and sites. While one is lying open and dormant, the others are changing and moving to different windows in and out.

I do same myself...but still I expect the stream to the one held...to drop or pause once in awhile.

PS I do at time have perhaps 5-6/7 windows open too....sometimes that's too much processing ram for that moment.

As I said its entirely possible and done by us all everyday. I liken it to having say 4-5 windows call open at YouTube and other music sites and having all playing at the same time. Unless you have the processing ability...expect the issue.

Just trying to help here...other members will assist you with better info that mine.

Good luck...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Make sure the app has wakelock permissions.

new topics

top topics

join