It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost adventures...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
So, i just finished a 3 season marathon of Ghost adventures, season 10 to 12, i haven't watched it since season 7.

I'm a skeptical believer, and can't figure out if i should trust these guys, it was a solid entertainment though.

I like the gadget and equipment they are using, especial the text devices, some pretty creepy messages coming through, and SLS device that show "stick men".
What i miss is, that they would dig deeper when they actually get contact, instead of just moving on to the next house or asylums.

What are your thought's on Ghost adventures, do you believe in the show, do you hate it, have you been adventuring your self, do you have any of the gadgets ???
BTW, does any one what happened to Nick, he disappear in the start of season 10?

I'm very tired now after more than 24 hours of watching, so bear with me for not responding right away.
Below link to the 3 seasons, go to youtube to get auto play.

SEASON 10 auto play

SEASON 11 auto play

SEASON 12 auto play

edit on 3-4-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I started out watching it early on, but then when they got bigger, they started getting too theatrical for me.

I always preferred Ghost Hunters who were more low key in their approach.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I started out watching it early on, but then when they got bigger, they started getting too theatrical for me.

I always preferred Ghost Hunters who were more low key in their approach.

Ahh, the Roto-Rooter guys . Fun show. However , I am like the OP and prefer Zach and the Ghost Adventures.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Much prefer Ghost Adventures to Ghost Hunters.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Mianeye, good morning from me!
I love your Avatar BTW...

I believe a few years ago there were many, many threads on Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters. They may be difficult to locate but, it may make for some fun reading.
My old man loves these shows, all of them. Including the Dead Files (I, personally can't stand this particular one).
I agree that it seems strange that when 'something' is captured be it film or EVP that it doesn't appear that they stick around and delve deeper. Perhaps they do and it is just not added to the TV show. ?
He (the old man) doesn't have any fancy gadgets although he has recorded in our homes and is a believer in spirits and paranormal things.
He did 'capture' what he believes was an EVP once.
He sees 'figures' and the like out of the corners of his eyes.

I think he (my SO) believes that what is found on these shows is real. I think that in the beginning (creation of the shows) perhaps their (the various ghost hunters) quest was legitimate but, I am now of the belief that they may be embellishing things for the sake of the show. It IS their paychecks after all.

Those shows CAN be entertaining to watch especially if they happen to be investigating somewhere near where you live or somewhere you are familiar with.

IMO it may be like everything else on TV. A little bit of truth with a whole lot of editing mixed in.

Have a great day!

edit on 3-4-2016 by TNMockingbird because: spell check and fingers!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

the Dead Files

Yes. One of my favorites. That is one creepy show.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One of the things i look for when watching the shows is highly suspicious activity.

When watching Ghost hunters i found them to be hoaxing a lot of stuff, with watching Ghost adventures, i found some silly stuff but not directly hoaxing, a little over reacting once in a while though.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I agree with the shows being a little truth and a little for the show.

I haven't seen the dead files, my next marathon

I too see shadows in the corner of the eye, and moving sudden dim lights, i invite them in when it happens, keeping and open mind as i'm not crazy

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

What are your thought's on Ghost adventures, do you believe in the show, do you hate it, have you been adventuring your self, do you have any of the gadgets ???

I've watched for so long that I feel those guys are my friends. I've experienced many things (real recently) and I feel they are truthful.

If someone hasn't mentioned yet, Nick has his own show...Paranormal Lockdown. I hope Aaron is involved with something, too.
Here's Nick on Youtube

Oh, I have an EVP home made scanner and a Flir One....

Have you seen Michael on Youtube? You should see the stick figures he catches on his Kinect. Go to his "videos" button and you will find them there.

Michael uses Kinect on Youtube
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I believe the adventurer Aaron Goodwin who was fired from the show when he blew the whistle on some of the unsavory methods used to get "evidence".

The problem started when they signed with a production company and had to adhere to a schedule.

When filming the show and not a lot is happening, the producers would allegedly make them go back and "act out" a scene while fake knocks would be thrown in so they could all say "Did you hear that"?

It's a shame because the best work they did was the documentary they did that got them the gig on the Travel Channel in the first place.
When filming a documentary you have the time to do things right without time constraints.
A long time ago in a state far far away I was a television producer. And believe me, you are under a lot of pressure to get the film in the can as fast as possible.

Those guys started out with real ideals. Unfortunately they were poisoned by the $$, fame and the need to produce that wow factor week after week that kept the ratings up.

Aaron Goodwin evidently got fed up with the antics they were forced to do and spilled the beans on a podcast he was a guest on. I don't know what his motivation was, maybe his conscience got to him or some infighting with his friends or employers did it.

They did produce some great evidence but I'm sorry. Going into a supposed haunted place and getting EVP's, moving objects, and photographic evidence in one night, week after week is just plain impossible.

BTW: I am a fan of the show, just because it's so entertaining do to the chemistry between the Adventurers, and the fun of trying to pick out what evidence is truly paranormal.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

that michaeel thing was creepy!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I liked the GA guys back in the day...the show was humorous (unlike Ghost Hunters - so dry and boring) - but the last couple of seasons they seem to have lost their mojo.

I knew that Nick left the show, but now Aaron has left? Maybe Zac has gotten too big for his britches?

Plus, I get so annoyed when they use the one stupid machine that makes that awful clicking/ticking noise. I know that they only use it for minutes, but it feels like it goes off for hours. I change the channel when they start using it.

Also, they don't show Zac's magnificent "guns" as much - my husband thinks that is the only reason I watch (HA, he may be a wee bit right!)

ETA: like the ghost town locations the best.
edit on Apr5841410458414158America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: spelling

edit on Apr0043430400434300America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

I know, right?
I hope you saw the one where the figure moved away from his touch. How cool.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Remember a producer takes out a ton more of things from TV shows that they think should be. Its their job.

I assure you, Zak and those guys film, record and supply prob.triple the info submitted...and we see only a fraction on each investigation.

Out of each episode...we are maybe 40-42 actual minutes and the rest is ads. You don't believe they investigate for only under one hour do you?

I'm sure its days and days of each investigation... and most gets cut.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Why are there no poltergeists that clean your # up instead of the opposite? Its like oh no I woke up and my car was detailed!
edit on 3-4-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Aaaw, I never knew that about Aaron. Aaron was my favorite. He reminds me so much of my kid brother Keith. Deception is everywhere.

I guess it isn't unreasonable that they need footage and effects to complete the job - just like Nasa.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You don't believe they investigate for only under one hour do you?

No!

They lockdown for one night (20 min is shown), the full investigation is probably for more days as to get information and history about the site, and film for pre lockdown show.

But, i would like to see a week of investigation with 7 nights in one place where posible, gathering as much evidence and two way comunication as posible.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Been watching Ghost Lab on Discovery on demand. Not a bad show. I prefer the shows that take a more scientific and professional approach, although I can see why some people might find it boring.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: ketsuko

One of the things i look for when watching the shows is highly suspicious activity.

When watching Ghost hunters i found them to be hoaxing a lot of stuff, with watching Ghost adventures, i found some silly stuff but not directly hoaxing, a little over reacting once in a while though.

I always go into those shows with the idea that most of what I am going to see is going to be not real.

Don't get me wrong. I believe in paranormal activity, but it's not something you are going to get on cue. So in order to make shows out of it, you either need to work on a long, slow schedule or make stuff up.

So my preference for the two is based solely on which approach I preferred to watch and whose personal chemistry matched my own. On that basis, Jason and Grant were more entertaining to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think the most intriguing new device they use is that one which picks up on electromagnetic anomalies against a laser matrix and images in stick figures of apparent apparitions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join