It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Cannot account for $223 million meant for fighting ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Trying to post this from my mobile so please bare with me.

Seems last time we saw something like this in the news it was the day before 911. I wonder how long before this hits MSM if it even does.

The other day I posted about the millions wasted on a plane that has yet to be flown due to incompetence basically of record keeping and more.

Now here we are with more of the same except the numbers are dramatically higher. It is no wonder our soldiers are seriously lacking in the aide they need of some simple basics to do their jobs that higher ups don't seem to want to pay attention too. After seeing this article, I suppose the "higher ups" could claim they had no idea.

Some snippets from the article:

An audit report published by the inspector general of the United States Department of Defense, has revealed that the military Central Command (Pentagon) cannot account for $223 million in orders placed in the current international military operation against the self-proclaimed Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

Another:

The inspector general said specifically that auditors were unable to verify the accuracy of 72 United States Army Central Command ACSA orders, valued at more than $202 million, due to a lack of supporting documentation. The auditor also made it known that in addition to the $202 million that cannot be accounted for, the accuracy and status of 70 United States Air Force Central Command ACSA orders, which are valued at more than $21 million, were also unknown. This is due to the incorrect or incomplete methods used to post transactions. This means that, in total, the Pentagon cannot account for $223 million.

Read ARTICLE HERE

I don't know about you folks, but this really crawls up ... Well you get the point I'm sure.
Like I said it is a bit hard for me to really post this the way I would like too, but I wanted to get this out here ASAP. There is plenty more to read in the article, which I suggest you do, but be prepared to be a little ticked off at this total incompetence. Granted, I'm sure it won't really surprise you, but still a mother of a straw to add to the camels back, us being the camels that foot this total disregard for (I'll let you fill in your own words here."

Again THE LINK TO ARTICLE

edit on 4/3/16 by onehuman because: Edit title

edit on 4/3/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Yeah, no doubt.

Plus that $43mil natural gas station in Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Yeah, no doubt.

You beat me to it, argh.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Yeah, no doubt.

I'd like to read about that. You got a post/thread/link?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Most likely cause ISIS has it.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
You know something, this doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I'm surprised the figure isn't higher. There are so many black holes in international military budgets and the money always ends up in the same place. In the hands of criminals.

When scrutinized about any such losses the military will most likely narrow it down to 'intelligence operations', oh no I mean 'top secret intelligence operations', in essence 'asking the bad guys mate for information in return for lots of money'. This money subsequently funds weaponry and trucks filled with coc aine so the bad guys can have a massive blow out before carrying out an atrocity.

Everything that happens now from day to day just plays out like a predictable Hollywood action-packed movie with plenty of bad guys and explosions. In this movie, there are no good guys, just a bunch of nobody's that fund the bad guys and allow the nonsense to continue (us).

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Exactly. It's the elephant in the room that no one wants to acknowledge.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Ummm...have them check the "Clinton Foundation"...I'm sure it's just an oversight...or over billing...or a possible email snafu...those damned over cammode servers...doncha kno...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Or maybe for Gov Snyder's legal fees.

One thing for sure it didn't get spent on American men,women,children. If it had, this thread would be 20 pages long on what a bunch of leeches people are.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...have them check the "Clinton Foundation"...I'm sure it's just an oversight...or over billing...or a possible email snafu...those damned over cammode servers...doncha kno...

YouSir

Exactly. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thats all... wasnt it in the Billions during gulf war 2 that went MIA..

Lousy Pikers not putting in the hard work.. you cant steal the real big money.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Our government cant "account for" hundreds of millions?

I doubt it.

I'm sure its in the billions.

When our budget was much smaller, when the government collected and wasted (spent) much less money, they couldnt account for trillions.

Can you imagine, there are people like Sanders, Clinton and their supporters who actually think we should be giving the government MORE of our money???

We need to cut income taxes by 50% (to start) and force this corrupt, wasteful, criminal organization we call government, to stop making it impossible for the average American to survive.

edit on 3-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
If I were a betting person, I would take a guess and say this is just the tiny tip of the iceberg. Would boggle the mind if we knew the true actual figures of all the incompetence that has been going on for years that we have paid for. Even a months worth for that matter.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The only thing that shocks me is that the number isn't much, much higher.

Frankly, basic human nature dictates that anyone who desires the kind of power granted to our leaders, probably doesn't deserve to scrutinize their own ethics. The loudest patriots often turn out to be scoundrels, the loudest anti-gay preachers are often in the closet, and wives who constantly talk about "scandalous bitches who want their men" are usually sleeping with half a baseball team while their SO's are busy working.

Also, water is wet.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

and the Bush the administration still couldn't account for the 2.3 trillion that went missing the day before 9-11...our government (United States) sucks

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
We need to cut income taxes by 50% (to start) and force this corrupt, wasteful, criminal organization we call government, to stop making it impossible for the average American to survive.

I couldn't give your post enough stars. You are exactly right and the reason for TRUE revolution.
They couldn't account for $2.3 TRILLION on SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2001!

Now a paltry $223 million goes missing and we care even less.

new topics

join