It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Social Elite.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: imjack

You give too much away! I was trying to give you plausible deniability.

From my understanding, "impressions" ARE very different now. For example: measuring engagement through internet searches related to impressions.

Anyway -- it's a fascinating field. But what do I know? I'm just a rock n roll rebel who loves collating data, and video games. I didn't completely give up on pot, but I find it's far less interesting to me (as a diversion or tool) than it was when I was 20.

Cheers, Jack!

That's precisely what seperates us. Invidi's direct goal is for your profile to "follow" you from TV to TV rather than targeting the TV itself. This is also something Google LOVES despite clear hate for the people running our crap. A dream would possibly be me just leaving for Google.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

XD nice, maybe I could check it out and we could theorize improvements.

Pretty impressive detective work.

I also don't exactly respect all the owners/investors, but by no means did I 'work' on this outside of conceptual design and criticisms. Those math nerds put in tireless amount of hours and the only thing I'm at least greatful for is they're paid well.

Seriously though- the conceptual criticism of many parts were incredibly necessary...it's unbelievable the progress that was made by others before I even asked them the jarring question "So...do you actually even know if the TV is on?"
edit on 3-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MatthewMalloy

I play ATS. Gamers have way too much time on their hands. Wait...the Occulus Rift will start sendin em all into dreamland...

Oh yeah...and those of the 'social elite' dont go around saying they are.
edit on 3-4-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Your source must be you're socially elite because you didn't say you were!

My highschool was more than most people's college. I generally attribute my ability to attend there being socially elite.

It was $50,000 a year. You can't even begin to make the same business connections I naturally made as friends without having similar status, and I started this process at 14.

edit on 3-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hey imjack. Very interesting thread. It's crazy how much people are monitored. Google basically sets up a profile by a person's searches and it never goes away.
Kinda of off the topic but being exposed to the socially elite and having a lot of privilaged information have ETs ever visited this planet? I was just curious what your opinion is on that. Thx

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I see #ty threads, #ty threads all over ATS....

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Markmc1235
Hey imjack. Very interesting thread. It's crazy how much people are monitored. Google basically sets up a profile by a person's searches and it never goes away.
Kinda of off the topic but being exposed to the socially elite and having a lot of privilaged information have ETs ever visited this planet? I was just curious what your opinion is on that. Thx

Man, I wish I knew myself, that's why I'm here :-(

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, I'll hint that if your question is "Are UFO's real?"
My response is "Lol?"

edit on 4-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If there was anything to this, it sounds almost like somebody associated with the malware spewing datamining umbrella company that is "adaptive".

The base of operations isn't Connecticut, is it?

If I had anything to say about them, their crap would be illegal. (Unfortunately I don't.) Somehow they manage to skirt the border of legality despite providing nothing at all for their "service" other than a repetitive charged fee for things supposedly offered for free. (The scamming really is predatory.) Obviously they have some people in their pocket, otherwise some effort would have happened to shut it down.

But I'm just a nobody other than a casual observer. So whether or not my 2¢ counts is another thing.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Presidential Elections are a buzzing time for my business,
I spend most my days on the internet, and smoking weed in my apartment, doing what is most important to anyone my age: video games

So your business is attention seeking...Deep thread

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

A changer module is actually only beneficial in the accuracy of the initial profiling. Once profiled, adaptive algorithms are actually not bandwidth friendly, as it's repeatedly trying to identify the target.

Malware is far from this because we identify targets with 'floating data' and 'fuzzy logic' that are none invasive.

They key is that the math is so intricate, it's able to profile and identify you closer to a "process of elimination" as opposed to just direct "spying".

You used "Adaptive" in quotes, so if that's a thing, I'm not them. I'm way smarter.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

?.?

Thread gets better.

Unless you mean my personal business. Then yes, obviously.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

"a reply to: mysterioustranger

Your source must be you're socially elite because you didn't say you were!
My highschool was more than most people's college. I generally attribute my ability to attend there being socially elite.
It was $50,000 a year. You can't even begin to make the same business connections I naturally made as friends without having similar status, and I started this process at 14."

You give yourself away.
1. You brag about your high school being more like most peoples college. Certainly not a necessary reveal to those of us who understand we dont have to reveal the same about ourselves.
2. You only generalize when attributing your ability to have been able to attend it, whereas that is an indicator something is off with your assessment in explaining it as you think it confirms your elitism.
3. You make point of it costing $50 Grand a year, as though that is some important fact in proof and ascertion youre elite.
4. You inaccurately discount anyone making business connections any other way. *Seen "Shark tank" on tv?
5. You claim as having a higher "status" then those who are not like you and raised differently with different impetus.
6. Finally...you make it known you started at 14. We are not impressed.

So, what have the membership learned or understand from just your response to me above?

One who is in the social elite...doesnt have to say they are, nor prove it...or as yourself...defend it.

It generally is not necessary for one to blow one's own horn...because others will do it for them. And yet, you are blowing yours so loud it's deafening.

So I will move along...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

Tell me more about these targeting algorithms you conceptualised.

ImJack

Why did you delete the reply you gave to this comment? I read it last night but had no time to reply. I recall you described targetted advertising which is not a new thing. How many years ago did you claim you invented this? And which language did you write the algorithms in? What you describe is only possible through Internet connected tv feeds which is not how tv adverts work in the uk. This would only apply to streamed channels like All4. A non smart tv does not have the capability to store and calculate user's habits. Are you referring to smart tvs or streamed services?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

So you're Drew?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: daftpink
I was wondering about the same thing.
Although my TV has "smart" capabilities, it is not connected to my network. No need as my main PC is connected to the TV.

But here in Canada, a few years ago they switched from analog cable broadcast to digital.
The digital cable box provided by my cable company is the one compiling all the necessary stats pertaining to my TV watching habits.

It knows when and how long I have been watching a certain channel.Which channels are my favorites (the ones I'm tuned to most of the time), etc.
And I'm pretty sure it can correlate (in a limited way) if I watch certain commercial, as all these boxes are synchronized time-wise, they know in which time slot commercials were aired and can check if I switched channel or not.

Of course it can't tell if I was physically watching the screen or not.
Its very clear advertising companies buy this kind of statistical data from cable providers.

IMJack, your algorithm must be a trade secret right ? Is that why you can't elaborate on it ?
Oh and welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Depends how you know me. Legal name is Drew.
Everyone IRL calls me Mac.
Jack is the most famous of the three, completely disregarding this place.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Tell me more about these targeting algorithms you conceptualised.

ImJack

Why did you delete the reply you gave to this comment? I read it last night but had no time to reply. I recall you described targetted advertising which is not a new thing. How many years ago did you claim you invented this? And which language did you write the algorithms in? What you describe is only possible through Internet connected tv feeds which is not how tv adverts work in the uk. This would only apply to streamed channels like All4. A non smart tv does not have the capability to store and calculate user's habits. Are you referring to smart tvs or streamed services?

I've deleted a single post in the thread, it was a duplocate post made by me quoting myself, in an attempt to edit. My edits are mostly sp.

I invented this before Invidi was founded. Invidi was founded in 2000. This makes me 14-15, and is also how long ago that was

Not sure of the langaue, I only conceptualised them. That being said, I only claim the footprint, but I still know a pretty good amount of information on the space between the programming and math. It is no doubt complex on both ends and not something always mutually understandable to the programmers verse the mathmaticians. I assume though it's some form pseudocode, but I'm honestly completely unsure.

But with this patent I can tell you standard television is still able to apply targeting.
www.google.com...

There is some information stored, not on the TV, but the setop box, and other information is routed away to be processed. The targeting information is being collected by the cable, so it's if you have cable. We have applications that extend as far as smart tvs and phones.

My dad recently was talking about hacking webcams to "send back" targeted information, like if your smart TV sees a coke, it will send you a Coke add. This really pissed me off, and most stuff we do doesn't fly well without my approval. This application is purely hypothetical, and to say the least, I'm the leader between us in the technical jargon, and I describe that process as "frustrating" to say the least. He tries to endlessly ride the thought process computer observation is not invasive to the highest degrees. Btw invidi is in the UK :-)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I'm just going to skip straight to Buzzwords with you.

I'm clearly in the 1%.

My family networth is in the 1% of the 1%, and generally of those people and the people above us, consider our business to be Robin Hood level payouts. We declined being billionaires, and our solutions are middleman products that only make things cheaper and more efficient for everyone.

Short of that, I've literally met famous people (Imagine Dragons keeps wanting me to meet their kids, I've personally joked with creators of The Walking Dead about how awesome their video games were and the potential ) and my opinion is highly valued.

My dad's been on Fox News, and the Bohemian Grove is considered a congregation of the Elite, and he attends every year.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolidGoal
I was wondering about the same thing.
Although my TV has "smart" capabilities, it is not connected to my network. No need as my main PC is connected to the TV.

But here in Canada, a few years ago they switched from analog cable broadcast to digital.
The digital cable box provided by my cable company is the one compiling all the necessary stats pertaining to my TV watching habits.

It knows when and how long I have been watching a certain channel.Which channels are my favorites (the ones I'm tuned to most of the time), etc.
And I'm pretty sure it can correlate (in a limited way) if I watch certain commercial, as all these boxes are synchronized time-wise, they know in which time slot commercials were aired and can check if I switched channel or not.

Of course it can't tell if I was physically watching the screen or not.
Its very clear advertising companies buy this kind of statistical data from cable providers.

IMJack, your algorithm must be a trade secret right ? Is that why you can't elaborate on it ?
Oh and welcome to ATS.

How it works isn't a secret, I've generally described it: it only collects user data from viewing habits.

Even then the trade secrets aren't very secret, it incorporates "fuzzy math" to give absolute values to interpretive data...similar too a computer deciding what temperature people think "cold" is.

The only secrets are generally the entire block of fuzzy math we're implementing itself.

The actual patent for this was filed in 1990, a month after I was born, but not implemented, and sold to us. The person that filled it was on Christmas Day, and I always thought that was interesting and thought it would be very interesting to meet them, but never did. It was still acquired independently of the thought process though, I did come up with it, just not 'first'.

In a nutshell, my dad was exploring the idea of pushing a "ad" button to be placed on remotes so people could request information to be mailed to their house. He was really excited about this, and it was my suggestion that if you're going to make people push a button, just recording their user input would have far better results while FEELING less invasive as a whole.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolidGoal

I've been flat told by Comcast, this was to cater to us. Replacing the box was more than moving to digital, Invidi software was implemented on them to my knowledge also.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join