It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald John Trump is So Refreshing!! His Latest Plans to: "Make America The Greatest Again".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Having read that, there are a few things that can be stated:

1) After reading that article, the name Patoon comes to mind more and more. Gen. George Patton, when talking to the troops, did not speak to them as other military commanders did, he was crude and vulgar, inspiring his men to fight, fight long and hard and achieved victories fully. He cussed hard at them, but it got their attention. With any political campaign, one of the most costliest thing that a politician can have is to have is air time, it costs money for advertisement and by his actions, and words, they are giving it to him for free. Most of his opponents, what do they do, they talk about him, state his name and ultimately, gets it into the heads of the voting public. That in itself is sheer genius, cause now everyone is talking and thinking about him.

2) He is tapping into peoples fears, he is exploiting them using them for his own political agenda and goals to get into office.

3) He is sadly mistaken about how easy he will have it once in office. Long gone are the days of Hoover and FDR, where people will blindly follow. Long gone are the days of where if you were somebody important in the USA chances are someone knew about all of your skeletons and a congress that would just pass stuff on your word. He fails to take into account that congress is 1/3 of the government, that it is they, not him that will have to enact and either accept or reject his policies, that it is they, not him that will either accept or reject his nominations for any position. He says he will stack the courts with justices that will support him, not necessarily, cause he will still need the Senate to agree. And if he steps over the bounds, there will be calls for impeachments and or removal.

4) While he thinks that he can do things, he fails to see that much of his rhetoric and speeches are making many nervous, both at home and in other countries. Many of them are looking at what he is stating and the question is this: If countries are banning or considering banning him from stepping foot on their soil, what will they do, if he is elected as president, and how much damage will be done cause of it? If he takes the USA out of NATO, what happens to the USA when it comes to the countries that have been traditionally allies of this country? What happens when those countries turn around and state to the USA, you have 30 days to remove all military personal from the country as we are shutting down your military bases? Many of those military bases in Europe are there due to the NATO treaty, and without such, they could simply ask us to leave. And if the USA does not, turn around and cut off services, until we do.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Does anyone else get the sense that the Trump campaign is an ongoing train wreck punctuated with bloviating explosions of pure nonsense?

Yes, the rest of the world that is watching this. CNN is making sure the rest of us get a front row seat....

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

This is just proof that he doesn't have a clue about foreign policy, or historic treaties, or diplomacy or anything that a world leader should know about.

He opens his mouth without thinking. Maybe he thinks hesitating makes him look weak or uninformed. His off the cuff answers do worse. They make him look dangerous and stupid.
Then he has to retract what he said, form yet another opinion and then change that too.

I'm buying stock in Aunt Jamima the price of syrup is going to go sky high with all the waffling.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

That will be a great day huh?
Hopefully the next few primaries will knock the clown out of the running. He's hanging himself .
Every day sees him alienate yet another socioeconomic demographic group. The only ones left are a few angry white men. (And baseball season is about to ramp up so he will loose them too. )
edit on 432016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

1)I heard him say it with my own ears. I'm going to make it so the media is punished if it published lies (about me)

www.allenbwest.com...

2) I'll consider paying legal fees for the man who allegedly threw a sucker punch at one of my rallies.

www.businessinsider.com...

3) erm yes he did.
www.theguardian.com...

4) if you think that is a "so what" situation you show very poor judgement.

5) His ideas for dealing with immigration are just so unbelievably stupid that journalists are left shaking their heads. And most of them know more about foreign policy than he does.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It all comes down to opinions and preferences.

If you don't like Trump, then I would suggest not voting for him.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Oh boy

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He won't even be on the ballot.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DBCowboy

He won't even be on the ballot.

Then we'll have to vote for someone else.

But regardless who we all end up voting for, the sun will rise, the sun will set and life will carry on.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Trump is out in the open, whereas other politicians resort to the typical political rhetoric, the formulated sound bites, and the tailored speeches designed for the purpose of propaganda.

The sophistry and bumbling rhetoric of Trump are not deceptive in nature, nor are they formulated to appease the emotions of the undulating masses, whom are easily satiated by the sort of political speech of a career politician. We can tell where he is wrong, and we can show him how, and he is reasonable enough to change his mind (for instance on torture) in light of new information.

In other words, those who are not refreshed by Trump and his campaign, and who decry his rhetoric in some form or another, likely require the deceptive sophistry of the politicians to keep them satiated, and I think their reactionary responses to what Trump says is indicative of this.
edit on 3-4-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Trump is out in the open, whereas other politicians resort to the typical political rhetoric, the formulated sound bites, and the tailored speeches designed for the purpose of propaganda.

The sophistry and bumbling rhetoric of Trump are not deceptive in nature, nor are they formulated to appease the emotions of the undulating masses, whom are easily satiated by the sort of political speech of a career politician. We can tell where he is wrong, and we can show him how, and he is reasonable enough to change his mind (for instance on torture) in light of new information.

In other words, those who are not refreshed by Trump and his campaign, and who decry his rhetoric in some form or another, likely require the deceptive sophistry of the politicians to keep them satiated, and I think their reactionary responses to what Trump says is indicative of this.

that about sums it up

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That is really twisted.

How long did it take you to come up with that brain twisting excuse?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

That is really twisted.

How long did it take you to come up with that brain twisting excuse?

I love the logic - if one isn't refreshed by Trump than *insert grandiloquent ad hom attack here*.

In my opinion Trump is no different with his own formulated sound bites and the likes. I see him as absolutely no different than deceptive politicians.

Trump supporters foam at the mouth at any given opportunity to puff out their pompous chests at how much better they are than everyone else.

Those who aren't refreshed by Trump, such as myself, have absolutely nothing to do with "politicians," it has to do with Trump and how some simply don't view him as a solid candidate for POTUS.

Sophistry and bumbling rhetoric.

Yeah - you hit the head on that one perfectly.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

No...It is not an either or choice...People deserve someone intelligent, sane and honest...frankly Trump has none of those things. You might find his "Style" refreshing..but he flip flops on everything he says depending on how it is received in the spin cycle..Just cuz he is unsophisticated, doesn't mean he isn't desperately pandering...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

About as long as it took you to provide a counter-argument, which is to say, very little. I'll wait for that to happen nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

...and he is reasonable enough to change his mind (for instance on torture) in light of new information.

You mean - like this new information?

But we all agree on one important matter: if any president orders the U.S. military to commit war crimes, the U.S. military will be legally and professionally obliged to refuse to carry out those orders. Moreover, we believe the U.S. military will, in fact, resist such orders. Refusing to implement them will not be a violation of civilian control of the military. Refusing to carry out such orders will protect the rule of law and the constitutional order, of which civilian control of the military is fundamental.

In the current campaign, one leading candidate, Donald Trump, has repeatedly insisted that he will direct the military to take steps that every reputable legal expert we know has deemed illegal: targeting the families of terrorists and other civilians not directly involved in hostilities for lethal military strikes, and torturing suspected terrorists and their families.

If Donald Trump becomes president and carries through with these campaign promises, the U.S. military will be obliged to refuse these orders.

Emphasis mine

Your boy Trump is a waffler, a coward - and a colossal ass

But, he has freedom of speech and your unwavering support

It's a free country - how lucky are we?

:-)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

No...It is not an either or choice...People deserve someone intelligent, sane and honest...frankly Trump has none of those things. You might find his "Style" refreshing..but he flip flops on everything he says depending on how it is received in the spin cycle..Just cuz he is unsophisticated, doesn't mean he isn't desperately pandering...

Like who? There is a fine-line between "flip-flopping" (more polito-speak), and changing one's mind. Sure he's a demagogue and resorts to infantile platitudes, but he is himself, and spares us the charade of pretending to be someone intelligent, sane, and honest.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Aah name-calling, the basest form of propaganda, yet at the same time, your favorite go-to tactic. Every time someone calls Trump a name, I know it is to fill in where they have no other argument.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Aah name-calling, the basest form of propaganda, yet at the same time, your favorite go-to tactic. Every time someone calls Trump a name, I know it is to fill in where they have no other argument

Where's your argument? Tail between the legs isn't saying a whole lot - to me or anyone reading this

Trump - is a colossal ass.

That's my not very politically correct opinion. He's also a complete fraud. We're lucky - in that respect. Not so lucky in the fact that people will support his nonsense - no matter how extreme

My favorite go to tactic is to present you with actual information - which you choose to ignore. Why is that?

Name calling was not the meatiest part of that post... Is that all you got? Why not try explaining how I'm wrong?

ETA: Seriously Les - explain how Trumps response to that letter was a change in his thinking and not an obvious, fraidy-cat reaction to people that are bigger and badder than he is? People that take the rule of law seriously and have some integrity?

edit on 4/3/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: I was actually wondering...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

A late April fools joke?

By "eliminate our debt" does he mean "eliminate the faith of investors" in the purchasing power of US dollars and Treasury Bills?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join