It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK, Prince harry wears swastika to party?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Indigo, you're the best.- They get their panties in a bunch over this while their country suffers at the hands of Satanists. This isnt an excuse to bad mouth Bush, God knows there's plenty of material out there
, the fact is the kid was just out at a mascarade party. Big deal.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So if Harry had dressed up like Dubya, then they wouldn´t have made such fuzz about it?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I too am one that just doesn't see what al the fuss is about...he's a kid that went to masquerade party...he picked out what he thought was a scary costume...a Nazi...it certainly doesn't mean he is a Nazi...now, more importantly...what's the about dubya being a Satanist!? I though he was reelected because he is so god like and god talks to him! I haven't even herd the Satanist bit yet...interesting

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
He dress up like a nazi and they want to send him to Auswitch.
He should have dressed up like Hugh Hefner instead...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have been enjoying this 'fauz pas' with a good serving of ironic appreciation. If anything Harry was clever to wear a 'nazi' uniform to a 'Colonizer and Native' private themed party, he is implying that the Nazis were out to colonize the east, genius.

Another interesting facet to this 'debacle' is that Edward wore a Leopard print suit to the party without any notice from the media!

But in the end it was a bloody party! and a clever one at that, look, at my university there is a high percentage of the student body that happens to be affluent, and thematic parties thus ensure...such as a Euro-trash vs. White-trash party which i attended (tongue planted firmly in cheek last year)...the elite simply throw these parties to feel better about themselves, thats it.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
He should have dressed up like Hugh Hefner instead...
you're right. Where to draw the line? He's a kid having fun, remember custome parties and FUN? As the royal Charles says;"Enough" The kid has apologized publicly already. I like the fact that (stuffy) Elizabeth says whichever method of punishment Charles takes is ok with her. Gillotine? Give me a break, Liz, is it possible for you to sound any more pompous and stuffy than you already are? By the way, its time to ditch the hard purse
and get with the times.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I too am one that just doesn't see what al the fuss is about...he's a kid that went to masquerade party...

And there's the problem. He shouldn't be a kid anymore. HE'S TWENTY EFFING YEARS OLD.

He will be expected to lead MEN, into COMBAT if need be. Combat is not a place for kids or boys or immature adults.

F him.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

as posted by Hellmutt

Maybe this is the reasoning behind such a visit?

Nearly Half of Britons Unaware of Auschwitz.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

I too am one that just doesn't see what al the fuss is about...he's a kid that went to masquerade party...

And there's the problem. He shouldn't be a kid anymore. HE'S TWENTY EFFING YEARS OLD.

F him.

Sometimes i wonder who certain posters are and why they take this world so seriously and what makes them hate so much...
I guess there's no point in discussing this. He's been tried, convicted and hung by this juror.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Unreal.... off course...i could i not see it before ??? It was ALL in the "name of fun"!!! Poor baby Harry... he was just beeing "intelligent"... AH AH AH

Well i suggest in the name of fun that this following Halloween, why dont you all dress up as Bin Laden and go around trow lil plains at people shouting BOOM at the same time...Wont that be GREAT FUN ???? GREAT HUMOUR ..GREAT MASCARADE !!!...even better ... if any of you has relatives that were victims of violent crimes, why dont you all dress up as the guy that commicted the crime, huh ??? WOW that would be greta FUN too...

"hey gramma, its me ...im dressed up as the drunk driver that killed grandpa "..... isnt it funny???? WHOOHOOOOOO !!!!!!!

no wonder this world is the way its is.... "its all in the name of fun"

well ... dont be mad at Bush than ... he is just beeing intelligent...HAVING FUN !

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Maybe this is the reasoning behind such a visit?

Nearly Half of Britons Unaware of Auschwitz.

I just thought the same. Pretty embarrassing poll for Britain. Even if it's just 25% it's a shame. Wouldn't they win the championship in "prejudices against germans" year after year I could just overlook polls like that but those two facts in common are somehow funny.

service.spiegel.de...

Prince Harry Isn't Alone in Needing a History Lesson

The photo of Prince Harry that has angered the world doesn't show a young Nazi doing the Prussian goose-step. It shows a thoughtless rascal trying to impress a few other mindless twerps at a party of the young and fashionable. But it also underscores a more disturbing fact: Brits lately have been doing a worse job of dealing with history than the Germans.

The photo of Harry that has angered the world doesn't show a youthful Nazi doing the Prussian goose-step. It shows a thoughtless rascal trying to shock a few other thoughtless brats at a party of the jeunesse doree.

For a few minutes, some actually managed to turn their eyes to the ground in embarrassment at the Wilshire country estate on Saturday night. Then they continued partying -- the girls bared their mid-riffs and Harry's big brother, Prince William, came dressed in a lion costume with stuffed paws.

Whichever member of this Young Burberry Clique sold the photo to the Sun didn't do so out of concern for decency. If he or she had, the person would have cornered the prince, had a word, and torn the historically charged arm band off his shirt. Instead, whoever it was turned the event into a major scandal and probably collected a large check in the process.

But back to the young royal. Prince Harry did what he always does. For him, this was just another juvenile party prank in the vague haze of alcohol and the fog of a historical knowledge that's apparently extremely fragmentary.

What's really shocking here isn't even Prince Harry -- it's what his gaffe represents. A recent survey found that over half of British youth have no idea whatsoever what the word "Ausschwitz" really means. And this, despite the fact that documentary films about World War II flicker across British television screens at least every other night. And they're always about Winston Churchill's bravery, the good Brits, the evil Germans and the victims.

So a prince with a swastika? Apparently the British have been focusing too much on their own triumph and too little on the history of the victims. It now appears the British have a greater problem with the past than the Germans.

Up till now, this avoidance has worked exceptionally well: In British daily life, Germans play the roll of Nazi caricatures -- and the supporting cast in mass murder -- who could be thrashed about at will. Even 60 years after the war, 10-year-old German kids are chased in London parks just because they're "Krauts."

In this self-righteous, ideological milieu, even Prince Harry drew from this well of ignorance. He wore a German army jacket to cover his swastika. His message at the costume ball: Germans, Nazis, Krauts? They're one and the same. The new democratic Germany? Absolutely boring. With a slight twist of the shoulder, the jacket slips off and the Nazi killer beneath becomes visible. Usually, when people wear these kinds of costumes, they feel a little creepy. Who knows what Harry felt.

He certainly didn't wear the swastika to commemorate the enthusiasm British aristocracy showed for Hitler during the 1930s. What he did was even stupider and more screwed up because back then, at least, Hilter's English fans didn't know about the Holocaust yet. The grand masquerade surrounding Hitler ended as soon as they did.

It's not the political grimness of the Harry photo that's scandalous. It's the casualness and nonchalance in which he wears the swastika. The emblem of the murder of the Jews on the arm and a drink in hand -- that's the contemporary horror here. It's an example of the insensitivity and total oblivion of this jet-set party world.

And few could be bothered to write more than a line in passing about the theme of the party held by these snobs, who otherwise while away their time vociferously fighting for the aristocratic right to fox hunting.

The theme? "Colonials and Natives."

It's not clear what Harry was thinking when he decided to dress up as Nazi General Erwin "Desert Fox" Rommel -- but given his racist, British Empire presumptuousness, he must have thought dressing as a Nazi would just escalate the idea of the party's colonial officer theme. He wasn't far off the mark, either -- after all, Nazis wore boots and carried riding whips, too.

And Harry's girlfriend Chelsy? Her dad is said to enjoy the best of relations with Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe's bizarre, Hitler mustache-wearing dictator. And of Chelsy, Harry, who otherwise likes to make himself available for touching African charity photo opps, recently told a friend, "she's not black or anything, you know."

In a sense, there's no reason to get overly excited about the scandal. The evening's imperial theme certainly gave the upper class loons another chance to do a couple of ironic pirouettes.

And a few gaffes.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by shoo]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by DeltaNine

F him.

Sometimes i wonder who certain posters are and why they take this world so seriously and what makes them hate so much...
I guess there's no point in discussing this. He's been tried, convicted and hung by this juror.

Would you be so nonchalant if the Bush twins dressed up in white sheets like the KKK?

I can just imagine if they dressed up like Nazi's - we'd be hearing about how the apple dosn't fall far from the tree, blah blah, blah.:shk:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Jsobecky, you never know...i might be. Of course, that boy has been properly brought up, far as i know no drugs or booze to speak of in his blood line

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
well despite the obvious attempt at hijacking thread by the laura devil sign / bad UT sign with the right hand, does anyone know what that symbol she is making with her left hand is? also guess there is still a bit of friendly fire for bush landing a helo on the frontyard...

did harry wear a leapord suit or a lion one. i think a leapord can also symbolize germany. I wonder if this settlers party has anything to do with the gaza pullout?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
dg

From the link provided by asala

Revelations about Harry's use of soft drugs, alcohol and cigarettes have also hit the headlines.

In other words, just like half the 20 year old around the world. I don't think it's anything major.

Obviously, though, he hasn't been schooled in his family history, or if he was, it didn't stick. Otherwise he wouldn't have done this.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
That's worse taste than going to a party in Hiroshima wearing an American WW2 pilot uniform. Where the hell were his advisors? He is going to make a great diplomat when he grows up. What's next going to a party dressed as Bin Laden, I'm sure that would go down well in New York. As i said he is going to be a great diplomat.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Trent]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

It's not clear what Harry was thinking when he decided to dress up as Nazi General Erwin "Desert Fox" Rommel -- but given his racist, British Empire presumptuousness, he must have thought dressing as a Nazi would just escalate the idea of the party's colonial officer theme. He wasn't far off the mark, either -- after all, Nazis wore boots and carried riding whips, too.

Was it his racist British Empire presumptuousness that came in handy when visiting sick/orphaned kids in Africa or helping to load up supplies for the tsunami victims. That's right almost zero reportage of that.

The level of misinformation and bile is quite frankly sublime going on ridiculous.

And just to reiterate....he a.p.o.l.o.g.i.s.e.d!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It also seems you don't understand how [B]P.U.B.L.I.C R.E.L.A.T.I.O.N.S[/B] works.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The actions and emotions stirred-up by the elite"blue blood" are just another sign of the Royal familys snobbery and unwavering lust of knowing they are better than those "common people" No wonder we decided a few hundred yrs. ago to get the heck away from that country and to form our own.!

'

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I too am one that just doesn't see what al the fuss is about...he's a kid that went to masquerade party...he picked out what he thought was a scary costume...a Nazi...it certainly doesn't mean he is a Nazi...

That's too bad you can't see. I dressed up as a Nazi once. It was an installation art piece. I was in a theatre room with black curtains about 14 feet high on all walls. The room was rectangular. 40 chairs sat in a quarter circle around the far right corner. Opposite, the diagonal left corner was the beginning of a speech of hitler. The atendees had to walk on the speech to enter their seating arrangements. It was a very long walk at type ten font non double spaced. I sat behind the curtains and flicked on the lights behind propaganda of both sides during the war with a switchboard I made that corresponded with an audio tape I recorded. It told people about how propaganda utilizes imagery and fear to stir up emotions and centralize peoples attention. After the tape ended about 10 minutes later, I walked out into the dark quarter circle, whose only light was from a Goebel overhead shining the shadow of a swastika on red light. I saluted the nazi sign and read a speech I wrote that eerily sounded like pre-chaos nazi germany. But it was really about the U.S. This was in 1998. My teacher was an Argentinian Jew and helped push me to take the art piece further and further. What was left. A room full of shocked students, that had not even realized that what I had just explained to them I had done to them later. I too dressed up as Hitler and I knew the effect and consequences that would entail my using them. Dressing up as a Nazi is not a light matter. And if it is for him than he is an idiot!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join