It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm predicting the future devaluation of the US dollar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm making a prediction that in the near future will see our currency devalued more and inflation to continue at a faster pace. We have control over certain variables and the amount of currency circulating our country the less it's worth making it more attractive to foreign investment because they have purchasing power here.

My question is can we devalue our currency and retain purchasing power at the same time or are we going to have to reall start working together better and taking care of one another so we can rebuild at home for the opportunity of a better future?

We don't have a choice or China is going to put us out of the market. I believe Trump is the only person in the race intelligent enough to know this and should be his entire platform. Forget all the other political Bs.

This all I need to include into the OP to begin the conversation mods please respect my wishes to convey the most powerful message in the shortest form possible and not ditching this thread thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

We don't have a choice or China is going to put us out of the market.

They already have. China is the world's biggest market...

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Right but that's because we're building their infrastructure and paying for everything if that stops so does their growth.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I'm making a prediction that in the near future will see our currency devalued more and inflation to continue at a faster pace.

Wow, really sticking out your neck here, aren't you.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Not entirely.
China has been procuring deals with both U.S and Chinese companies to slowly further China's goal of being economically independent from the U.S. They've been planning to spend over a trillion dollars on infrastructure.
This money isn't coming from sales of exported goods in the U.S markets. It's coming directly from state owned companies and firms.
e.g Central banks.
edit on 4pm30America/Chicago3010America/Chicagopm403 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Its been a wild ride.

A few years ago the DXY was in the low 70s and people thought that was it for the Almighty dollar.

Then for a while it was around 80 until mid 2015 when it started to climb, which is normal as it gets closer to an election year.

I agree, I dont think its going to go any higher, its actually already started to decline.

Still plenty of time to invest in foreign currencies, though I wish I had done it a few weeks ago.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Hmmm, good time to invest in foreign currencies huh... Wow that's a good idea I get it.

Hmmm.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think the writing is on the wall so hardly a prediction and more a statement of fact. As a resident of Canada this will not fare well for us either as it will devalue our currency even more that it already is. We do however have a resource buffer which may help in the long run but it will be a painful transition.

I also will stick my neck out and ay a major reset will happen within the next two years and will prove devastating for the western nations more so than the developing countries. It will also cause massive upheaval globally possibly causing conflict unheard of in modern history and taking decades to balance out.

Who will be the dominant force after all this? I have no idea but it won't be what the Globalists intended.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Boy you are right up there with every youtube financial pundit now showing....
Schiff, Willey. Celente, the works are predictifying the same #.
|The quantative easing is simple robbery of your dollars buying power.....

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

I didn't predict anything bad was going to happen and I don't listen to any of them.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I don't particularly care what you listen to...im telling you multi big deal financial dudes are saying the same stuff.....
The obvious trend is predicting same.....
When you pour the jug out....its empty....
aren't you gratified youre predicting is so congruent with most of the pundits.....seeing as you don't pay attention to them...

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You say foreign currency would be a good investment. I've been investing mainly in silver and some gold when i can afford it. Do you think silver/gold is a good investment for this future devaluation your predicting? Also, what about real estate? I bought property back in 2010 when market was at rock bottom. It has recently appraised 30% higher than what we morgaged it for. I like the place and plan on staying for another 10-15 years. Do you think real estate's going to drop like last time?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

edit on 4/2/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

If the currency is worth less than that means prices should go up but if demand goes down due to inflation than wages need to adjust before the markets really come back because no one will be buying for a while like right now.

Great time to buy a Bunch of houses and start renting.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Right but that's because we're building their infrastructure and paying for everything if that stops so does their growth.

Even more importantly, the Chinese have leveraged their loans based on a continued growth rate of 15% per annum!!

Now I don't want to see China go down, yet leveling the playing field is the minimum we must demand from our leaders.

We have that leverage. Continue to keep China's growth rate below what the 'need' and that forces China to make concessions. Can anyone honestly say that any candidate is more ballsy, doesn't back down and will force an improved deal for the U.S. other than Trump?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Oh Trump 100%.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Trump is the only candidate I can consider to be an expert when it comes to trade markets and economics. It's been his profession for over 40 years.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

China... China... China... Endless QE is spelling our doom. YOU PRINT...YOU FLOAT... AND EVENTUALLY YOU SINK!
"This is unsustainable... " = Unless you can sustain it to the bitter end... and it will end, not if ...but soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I'm predicting the future devaluation of the US dollar

It is devaluing every day!
I'm unimpressed...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I'm making a prediction that in the near future will see our currency devalued more and inflation to continue at a faster pace. We have control over certain variables and the amount of currency circulating our country the less it's worth making it more attractive to foreign investment because they have purchasing power here.

My question is can we devalue our currency and retain purchasing power at the same time or are we going to have to reall start working together better and taking care of one another so we can rebuild at home for the opportunity of a better future?

We don't have a choice or China is going to put us out of the market. I believe Trump is the only person in the race intelligent enough to know this and should be his entire platform. Forget all the other political Bs.

This all I need to include into the OP to begin the conversation mods please respect my wishes to convey the most powerful message in the shortest form possible and not ditching this thread thanks.

The American dollar is gaining strength. The Asian economy is really slowing down, yet in Japan as of April 1 all prices of goods have been increased at the request of the Abe government due to (get this) the economy is looking great here in Japan so now we can raise prices and increase profits. Well, I just don't get it, price of gas is 102 yen per liter, was 157 yen per liter and then at the time everything increased. Now gasoline is fairly cheap and now the prices are raised again. Politicians are crazy or they know something big is going to come falling down soon. Just don't get it.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The US dollar has been gaining in strength the last few years though. People have been moving money into USD from Sterling and Euros and all sorts, because the USD is seen as the strongest currency around at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join