It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vape Mod Advice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
My I-Stick 50 is on its last legs and looking to replace. I use a Joytech Delta 2 RBA and buy ready-made coils 0.5 ohm and add my own cotton. I am considering upgrading with top fill.

Has anyone bought new gear in the last 6 months? Any recommendations?

I am looking at the Pioneer4u IPV5 200w Box. Tankwise, the GeekVape Griffin RTA.

I read about manufacturers moving towards temperature control. I checked this out and it relates to using nickel rather than kanthal.

I found some guy on Youtube who has a vape shop near Philly. He seems to know what he is talking about and has safety concerns about nickel and titanium coils. (I am allergic to nickel on my skin so this is a concern).

Is anyone using these coils? Do you have side-effects? Have you blown yourself up?

From what this guy is saying I am wondering if it is safer to use ready-made atomizers with these new mods.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There are alot of ansers to ur question 1 I'd be carful of the new temp control mods there only thought to be safe tho the idea is safety not alot is know

Next is what exactly are u after u mentioned a replaceable coil and a vv/vw mod most just change the coil to there needs insted of the volts when they have this type atomizer

If u want vv/vw I recommend something like a Iclear atomizer they preform we'll

I use a basic mechanical and build my own coils it's a really simple setup but gives u the most flexibility and ur mod never where's out

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Get a bargain-basement ProVari and use legacy Kanger tanks. Cheapest way to go.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Crown tanks are my favorite right now when I don't build (so most of the time at this point). Top fill, work awesome, easy to clean, great with temp control.

I use a VaporShark DNA 200, but if you don't want to shell out $200 for a mod I'd go with a Pioneer4you ipv d2. Temp control, 75W, small, works well, has passthrough, it's pretty inexpensive. I got one when my VS was acting weird and like it.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just recently purchased the Target by Vaporesso! as a kit

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Depends on your preference honestly. My regular mod is just an ipvd2 with a Herakles tank but I use an Arctic from time to time as well. My device can run nickel coils but I'd personally stay away from them - although devices that have temp. control will shut off before heating a nickel coil up too hot that it will do damage, but I'd still rather not deal with that at all.

Like I said, it all depends on preference. Look into authentic mods as well, those are where the quality mods are to be found.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Rx200 designed by jaybo, best thing on the market right now. Got mine from china for $42 double that price at a vape shop and still would be worth it. 200w, 3- 18650 batteries in a triangle formation to fit your hand well. I use tfv4 by smoktech, cant get any better unless you build your own coils. Just check it out and you wont go any other way

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

seigeli has a 50w box on sale out there for around $50

innokin has the cool fire iV for about $45

If you want to move up in power, siegeli has a nice 150w box for just under $100 (i think i saw that one on Misthub)

Currently im using a uwell crown with either my seigeli 50w or the cool fire (both are black). I also still lie using my ego one mini's, and keep a couple "go to" flavors loaded in them.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IBossJekler

I'm literally waiting for the RX to ship from China...and I bought the tfv with it with quad coils, too. So weird, same set as you. I think it's going to be beastly. I can't wait.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Reading these posts makes me think that they got you by the balls and have now convinced you to make a life style out of a bad habit.

Are you ever listening to yourself?

I-Stick 50
Joytech Delta 2 RBA
Pioneer4u IPV5 200w Box
GeekVape Griffin RTA
vv/vw mod
VaporShark DNA 200
Pioneer4you ipv d2

Yep. They sure are smart. Before it was about a brand and "filter or no filter".
Now it's about coils, batteries, cotton, tank etc.
Not to mention home made brews containing Gods know what chemicals.

All in a new unregulated market.

They are smart. I don't think you are.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

I went from 50 a day (30+ years) onto Vaping. I have been tar-free for 18 months (no more bronchitis) and now nicotine-free for a week. Last hurdle is changing from American Tobacco flavour to Spearmint flavour.

I had absolutely no withdrawal symptoms reducing and quitting nicotine. I suppose I must now be addicted to glycerin and spearmint lol

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Money is not a problem. I also like holding something real big. Think its a man thing (boys with toys)

edit on 3-4-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I went cold turkey and got off coffee. Coffee is a really really bad habit. Like it's very addictive. Fortunately, you can do a simple replacement of something like a non caffeinated herbal tea and get off coffee that way. So I find I'm sleeping incredibly good now. It's amazing, I actually dream every night and deep vivid dreams. i think it's because of less caffine in my system. Now I'm hoping maybe to drop cola as well. These are hard habits to break. But there are significant benefits once your off. Like just today I was thinking of how much money I'd save in buying coffee all the time. Like it adds up. I guessing I'd save about 500 a year in coffee and to go coffee. Although I'm still buying tea but tea isn't really addictive like coffee. You don't need it everyday, and it's far cheaper. Like 1 big box of tea would last a whole year. The point is try and get off this crap. It's killing you. there's so much crap we fall victim too. My friends dad is dying of lung cancer. He's on oxygen now and he could go almost at anytime. Like one bad cough attack and he'd sufficate. He's got a massive tummer in one lung. I'm telling you man, later on in life thing effective you.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

My nephew uses a Crown tank. I will ask if I can try it next time I see him.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Bit too jazzy for me (I'm old) lol

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

The guy in the video was explaining that titanium is combustible at low mass and he reckons that shards of titanium following manufacturer could remain. When it burns you need a class 4 fire extinguisher to put it out.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IBossJekler

*drools*

Specs are awesome.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Sigelei Fuchai 200W grabbed my attention after checking their website. I will read/watch some reviews.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Hey, no one said anything about my coffee.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Titanium is worrisome to me. I suppose if you have a nickel allergy you don't want to be vaping on it. Kinda sucks, temp control is awesome. On the plus side you can get a cheaper mod if it it doesn't do temp control. I think you'll like the Crown. Best top fill I've used. They also come with a fair amount of stuff in the box and the price is right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join