It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On posting in ATS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Thank you so much! I'm a secret fan of yours and I appreciate your contributions here so much, ily.

& I stand by you and Astyanax. But I am trying really hard not to engage in what appears to be a kind of attack… on me. I think they’re creepy. That’s all I’ll say about that (even though, I know by saying that, it might feed the fire so to speak- but I hope not and I truly wish well-being on all human beings so as to decrease danger, but if their happiness and well-being relies on hurting me then F them, lol).

a reply to: tetra50

You know what? I’ve been thinking about how… my mission isn’t to be so ambiguous that anyone can read into my words however it suits them personally, letting their imaginations run wild. That’s just asking to be misunderstood and tbh it feels kind of dangerous. On the contrary, I long to become so clear that your mind can not possibly wander. So precise that there is no question to what I am saying. Leaving no room for personal interpretation. Covering all angles, corners, and circumferences… a total entrapment in many ways… but a true building of bridges so that two can meet and actually communicate. Now I’m getting redundant and too deep about it, but you said it! ily forever for that.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I agree that this medium is kind of anti-social. However, I don’t think that social media is going anywhere… in fact, I think it’s part of the evolution and manifestation of an all-seeing-eye.

Where… you can bring into the light any event (causing social unrest when something terrible happens isn’t really a bad thing) and let the world judge and inspire justice. Can we hide in this age where iPhones and Androids can document pretty much any experience? Even without the video documentation, there’s always blogging… when a boss crosses the line, when someone starts a fight with you on a plane… it can all be put out there for the world to judge.

I think it’s kind of neat.

a reply to: MotherMayEye

I just want you to know that I’m the one who probably gave you those two stars… oddly.

The first time because you seemed to be complimenting me despite your lofty claim that I don’t belong on the internet (wow how unwelcoming!). The second time I starred it, I wasn’t sure if I had starred it the first time… after I refreshed the page. LOL.

I thought about asking, for fun, why you’re surprised I stuck around… but, it’s clear you thought I should be so easily defeated and wounded by the fact they took down my first thread! And I suppose you wouldn't know how welcoming ATS was, behind the scenes, during that first month or so. Apparently the welcoming side/interest of ATS was enough to keep me around... guess that never crossed your mind. Also, ATS stuff gets me off (I love reading the threads)... so it's a give and take thing. You’re a little silly, ain’t cha.

There you go, you’re welcome, for the maybe two stars but at least one that I gave you.

a reply to: crowdedskies

You’ve always been kind to me, ily. Thank you for your thoughts here I really appreciate them.
edit on 4-4-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I suspect one day people will look back on social media as a strange fantasy.

But what if I wanna ta-ta-ta you anyhow? Virtually? And Geezlouise too?

I just do!

Johnny "Guitar" Watson: I Want To Ta Ta You Baby:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

You know what? I’ve been thinking about how… my mission isn’t to be so ambiguous that anyone can read into my words however it suits them personally, letting their imaginations run wild. That’s just asking to be misunderstood and tbh it feels kind of dangerous. On the contrary, I long to become so clear that your mind can not possibly wander. So precise that there is no question to what I am saying. Leaving no room for personal interpretation. Covering all angles, corners, and circumferences… a total entrapment in many ways… but a true building of bridges so that two can meet and actually communicate. Now I’m getting redundant and too deep about it, but you said it! ily forever for that.

To thine own self be true - always :-) The rest will take care of itself

On saying “I love you” to lots of people.

This thread pretty much explains everything anyone would ever need to know about you. I loved this OP

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

… it can all be put out there for the world to judge.

I think it’s kind of neat.

Yes, but to be able to "judge" properly, without being mind-fooked by those who have a lot to loose by being exposed as heartless and un-caring slave/slave-drivers, THAT would be great. And I think it still needs more and more people who expose themselfs as true real humans, no matter how painfull that might be sometimes, to make it work.

Never giving in into what is just false, un-just and unreal, is what we, as humans, on a forum like this, are supposed to do, IMHO. (And group-therapie, of course).

By the way, as I was around 30 years old, I thought I was working for the olymp of truth, by working for a german (investigative) TV-news-magazine. And look how I ended up....posting on ATS for the sake of being heard for no other reason as: I think I'M right!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

TextYes, I was a bit rough with you before I realized that you were different and needed special handling. Since then I’ve been as gentle with you as I can; but I must say, you don’t make it easy.

Still, I salute your determination to participate in social interaction, given the trouble and anxiety interacting with others seems to cause you. Even if it is only online, do try and keep open some kind of window open to the world.

I'm not saying that this is somehow an arrogant approach towards companiero Intrpr, but it is.

Just my humble, totally subjective take on it, Astyanax.

No offense, of course.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

The second time I starred it, I wasn’t sure if I had starred it the first time… after I refreshed the page. LOL.

You can't give two stars. It may look like you can, but if you refresh after giving a second one; you'll find that it didn't stick.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It's all marketing... the points your bring up is all true. There are techniques to get people read, click, and comment.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
For some strange reason I tend to respond on page 10 or 11 of a thread, hence the reason I have only 700ish stars and have been a member since 2009 (lurked a couple of years before that)! I don't respond to something that is 1) ugly in thought (i.e. racist or intolerant) 2) not my area of interest, and 2) is an argumentative thread. Also, I have no free time! I usually read ATS on my IPad right before bed - which is probably the worst time to read it.

I have noticed that the anonymity of the internet brings out one's true self. Of course there are exceptions, but I really believe this. If you are an angry person, your posts will be angry. If you are kind, your and responses will be kind, and if you are ugly on the inside it will show!

I have gotten angry at posts and swear off ATS, but always come back. Free speech and all, plus I know now what & whom to avoid.

As for the one liners - ATS used to have a rule against just posting one line. We'd all get around it by posting "2nd line" afterwards. I guess that's why they don't enforce it anymore!

Oh look! Page 9
edit on 4/4/2016 by Lolliek because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yes, page 9. Star every post you see so it stays on the "top" page.

Louise, your topic is one I've never seen here before.

You're still kind of new so you probably haven't been in the position where you question whether you should respond to a certain topic. After being here for 10 years I have seen the same types of topic come up month after month and year after year. After you put your 2 cents worth in on a certain topic posted by poster X, you feel like it's kind of redundant to say the same thing to poster Y. You've already said it once, saying it time and again will only serve to water down the meaning. IMO. How many times can you respond to someone who says "My heart is broke" or "America sucks" until your response becomes meaningless? This is why I choose not to post a lot......been there, done that.

If you're the type of poster who has followers, you certainly don't want to do that because you'll lose your audience. You like stars? People aren't going to star a response if you have already stated that opinion once before, and it doesn't really matter how differently you word it. The meaning is the meaning. They get it.....time to move on.

When I think of the psychology behind why some people post, that always comes to mind.........why do some people say the same thing over and over to different people when the same people read you?

As far as the way a post is written........A wall of text or each sentence placed as its own paragraph......that's just a matter of technical skill IMO. Whether a person is good at conveying their thoughts through the written word or not. It doesn't take away form any importance the post may have, but it will deter people from reading it.

Keep up the good work Louise.
Quality counts.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hi Taupin Desciple!

Wow, I feel so honored that you were compelled to respond to my thread and just said the things you said!

I noticed that some people will say the same things over and over again, too, in different threads. If I had to guess… I think it’s loneliness that drives them, and maybe that nightmarey feeling I mentioned about being invisible/unheard. It's probably what drives me a little, too...

But I do try to make sure that I'm not repeating anyone else in a thread that I am commenting in.

And actually I posted a thread on the same exact topic someone else did by accident once (the what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger one), and someone made sure to let me know about it by linking it in my thread, lol.! The older thread was from years ago tho, but it was like almost exactly the same thing. I was actually worried that might happen again here… but you just answered that for me. TY!

lol Lolliek well I’m glad you made it, no matter how late! I think you’re right about how “the anonymity of the internet brings out one’s true self.” Spot on. LOL about the one liners, I never knew that before.

OMG VP740 now I feel like the silly one, lol. TY for clearing that up for me.

I feel a little awkward now like I’m trying to respond to everyone all at once and not leave anyone out but I must continue: Spiramirabilis ily, wow! You made my workday (I saw it right before I went to work, lol). I actually feel a little under the weather and was dreading work but after your comment I was all pumped up like, "yeah B! I’m gonna go out there and love the sh-t out of it.!" But… after my shift I'm still feeling pretty crappy actually, and I'm not lovin it. lol.!

And yes Willingly, yes! I think you’re right, too.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

OMG VP740 now I feel like the silly one, lol. TY for clearing that up for me.

No need to feel silly. You're not the first to be thrown off by ATS's starring mechanics. It's not obvious that it works that way.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
See, it's always cool when those of like mind connect. Isn't that what's all about?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

" Why do they do that? "

Hmm , I dunno .

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I felt like I have had to adjust to the internet.

I like many others were raised before the internet age and big paragraphs were the norm. Now facebook and twitter has hardwired our brains the short sharp response and I have tried to become accustomed to this form of writing. I have learned a few things about posting:

Open with a single line that can end with a question mark, an exclamation mark or a period. To Paraphrase Homer Simpson that is 'groin grabbing.' Then make the next Paragraph as short and sweet as possible, if you read it out aloud and have to take a breath that is where you should stop. And finally end the post with a question or a reaffirmation of your views in a single sentence.

edit on 5-4-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Some people just have less to say than others.

I find I have less and less, after reading all the post everything needing said has been gone over and over, so I just read mostly,

I would rather listen then talk. observe

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Ghost147

Thank you so much! I'm a secret fan of yours and I appreciate your contributions here so much, ily.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

That doesn't mean that I'd gladly get naked to gain attention

Stars and strips or no stars and no strip! There, you have my flag. lol.
But I guess my star doesn't count anymore. Sad story.

On a more serious note I still tend to think people see waaaaay to much in written words/ likes or stars. Stand strong and proud, you're already here on ATS! The rest is just for the lolz.

Sorry for the German brilliance, but I had to think of that song.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join