It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions for hair/skin care?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718
Thank you. I'll do that.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I like trying natural products. Avalon Organic's Vitamin C renewal cream smells like oranges and doesn't make your skin feel greasy, just sinks right in. Love the smell! Something simple would be extra virgin olive oil on a cotton ball, but use sparingly. Very soothing and moisturizing. Some natural shampoos make your hair really thick, but I've been using a cheap shampoo that smells heavenly lately.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I use tretinonin so my skin gets really dry and flaky. Oils are really good for this. Coconut oil, almond oil, and jojoba. Coconut is pretty thick, almond is a little thick but really helps with the dryness, and jojoba would be the thiness. I've found that I can still wear concealer and foundation with almond oil.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark I thought of another supplement for hair and skin, MSM
Under additional information on this link,
www.livestrong.com...
Skidmark, I forgot to say, if your GF is interested in a nourishing oil treatment like olive, Argon, avacado with some essential oils, you massage into scalp and comb through to the ends, leave on for twenty minutes, then shampoo out with a sudsing shampoo. It is a treatment for like once a week and unless one has super oily hair and scalp, you shouldn't wash the hair every single day because it strips the hair of natural oils and drys the hair out.

Two other supplements that aren't 100% clinically proven for skin quality are hyaluronic acid and ceremides... I've taken both in the past and are worth looking into, I've battled dry skin and right now have it under control.
Hope your GF finds something, dry skin is the pits and brittle hair is no fun either.
She could possibly benefit from a multi vitamin for a little while too 1-2 months or so until things improve.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
Thanks. I think she just started using olive oil. Before she moved she used to use fresh coconut oil, squeezed from a coconut.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
She can try chamomile decoction and pumpkin oil. Those are great for head skin.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Noracat
I'll let her know. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I would recommend raw, unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar as a leave in conditioner, but it really stinks. I use restoring conditioner by Shea Moisture its all botanical extracts.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Biotin supplements.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen
Thank you. Is that for all hair types?

a reply to: kosmicjack
Thanks. I'll look that up.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yes, but the apple cider vinegar has to be raw, unfiltered, organic. Braggs' brand. She has to leave it in. It WILL stink, but will totally repair scalp and hair.

Recommend her get a conditioner or leave-in conditioner with purely botanical extracts. Shea Moisture restoring conditioner is what I use. It has a very clean, fresh, natural slight aroma, as if you were smelling a flower. It makes the hair very very smooth and BTW I recommend drying with towels or breeze.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thanks. I'll tell her. She's in Papua New Guinea and I'm not sure what all is available there.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Is she like, a Missionary?

PNG she could probably find some plant or fruiting body to extract and apply, but that's a little off the wall suggestion. If there are coconuts then coconut water + clean water from nearby rivers to condition.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
She's a native. I know she used to use coconut oil. I don't know if there are any where she is though. I'll suggest that to her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join