It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Shipment Ever of UK Nuclear Waste to Cross the Atlantic Ocean to be Processed in the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: gmoneystunt

I can't understand why they are so illogical about sending that stuff to be kept in rather expensive facilities in the US.

Why not simply ship it to Japan and pour it down the holes at Fukushima? What's the problem with a little more radioactive junk in the environment? Nothing can be done about it anyway?

Its highly enriched uranium. There could be another purpose for it. Its the material most likely to be used to make an atomic bomb and used on nuclear-powered ships and submarines. Maybe Obama wants this nuclear material to be used as a defense against North Korea.

originally posted by: gortex

Wonder what America wants with all that highly enriched uranium.

Coincidence?

Obama meets with Asian leaders about North Korea nuke threat

Thursday, Obama and the officials from more than 50 countries conducted a series of meetings, then had a working dinner at the White House. He met with the leaders of China, Japan and South Korea to discuss how to confront threats from nuclear-armed North Korea.

North Korea said it will continue its nuclear and ballistic missile program Friday and added that a state of “semi-war” existed on the divided peninsula, Reuters reported.
www.usatoday.com...
edit on 2-4-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Saw semi hauling from the local nuke plant yesterday. Happens all thetime

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Saw semi hauling from the local nuke plant yesterday. Happens all thetime

Transportation of radioactive waste does happen all the time but largest shipments ever do not. This largest shipment deal at the International Nuclear Security Summit was struck the same day that Obama had a meeting with world leaders at the white house discussing how to confront the nuclear threats of North Korea.
edit on 2-4-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rubicon3

Great! A possible traveling Fukushima in the Atlantic ocean! And of course they just HAVE to announce this shipment to the whole world! I guess they think they're in no danger from high seas pirates?! Or God knows what other happenstance could be waiting out there....

I just love being constantly surprised by the total STUPIDITY of humanity on a daily basis. When will it end? When we are no more I guess

So dramatic...get a grip.

This is nothing like or could ever be anything like fukishima. There is no core to overheat and melt for one.

Also..the problem at fukishima was lack of water for cooling. You think that will happen in the middle of the ocean? Not that it's in a form that would overheat anyway. And lastly. .If the boat sinks then there is some uranium at the bottom of the ocean. Not ideal, but most likely not a huge deal seeing as uranium is present in very high concentration in the Earth's crust.

And second lastly, they have been transporting nuclear waste for decades all over the continent and the UK for decades.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It is almost like the media is baiting ISIS lately. Anubody else get what i am saying?

Either that or laying groundwork for them.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Drama queens, a girls Fiat 500 car weighs more than the waste shipment, and there are plenty of nuclear powered vessels already sailing around the world.
Lame, I wonder how many members even get to the shops in the dark they seem so # scared of everything lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: mbkennel
a reply to: gortex

To be used in a high-flux isotope production reactor for making medical and scientific isotopes.

Well if that's the official story I'm sure it's true.

It is true, because it is logical, physically reasonable, and in the interests of everybody, and is ultimately the preferred option.

After use in the reactors it is no longer exploitable for nuclear weapons. It is safer to remove it and use it as fuel than to leave it as is.
edit on 5-4-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join