It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible bulkhead from cabin of MH370 found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
A couple on vacation staying on Rodrigues Island East of Mauritius have found what appears to be part of the business class bulkhead from the cabin of MH370. If confirmed it would be the first internal piece of wreckage found from the missing aircraft.

The piece appears to match to a portion of the bulkhead that holds a display monitor used to show safety briefings and the moving map display.

www.airwaysnew.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It appears that quite a few pieces have been coming ashore, in your opinion zaph, does this indicate that the plane (if this and others are identified) MH370 had a violent breakup and did not go quietly into the sea? Here is a link I have been following since the disappearance. Link
edit on 4/2/2016 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

My immediate response to the Rodrigues item is that, assuming that it is indeed from MH370, it provides another vital indication of the end-of-flight circumstances which could and should inform the ocean bottom search for the wreckage of MH370 and thus the flight recorders. The important thing here is that this is from the interior of the aircraft. The previous four fragments found were parts of the exterior. So long as only exterior fragments had been found, it was still possible to imagine that the aircraft had undergone a controlled ditching in the ocean, based on the idea that those pieces had been ripped off as the aircraft glided down onto the sea surface. The discovery of an interior cabin part indicates rather strongly that the aircraft disintegrated on arriving in the sea: it was a high-speed, uncontrolled crash, as has been argued many times on this website, for many reasons (e.g. the final BFO values are indicative of a very rapid, accelerating descent).

edit on 4/2/2016 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

It most likely broke up on impact. The odds of a gentle landing at night are incredibly slim. Even during the day a gentle landing at sea would be difficult.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I hope they check for Ukrainian soil on it.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
So it's true...Islamic Terrorists...enjoy killing white vacationers...dispite Obama's statements otherwise.

Work place violence strikes again!

That makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: haven123

Thus makes no sense either.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I think they meant Kazakhstan, as that's where some claimed the plane had landed.

If it isn't from MH370, then where is it from?
edit on 2/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: reldra

I think they meant Kazakhstan, as that's where some claimed the plane had landed.

If it isn't from MH370, then where is it from?

Oh, maybe. I have not yet finished my first cup of coffee so if a post is not clear I will snap.

I do think it is from MH370.
edit on 2-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Ohh..that it might it might be a piece of the plane downed in Ukraine. I don't know, are the 2 bulkheads and wallpaper very similar?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yes. The layout is standard, but if that's part of the monitor it will have a serial number somewhere near it that will match to this aircraft.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It seems to me that finding several pieces washing up in the same region could provide more information about where the crash occurred.

As I understand it, there is a model that takes into account known ocean currents that could pinpoint that location. With several pieces found within the same vicinity, perhaps the model can be tuned to take into account that this particular set of currents has more influence than others and narrow down the location.

In any event, this and previous discoveries should start to bring some level of closure to the families that lost their loved ones without any evidence of what actually happened. I can't imagine the level of pain these relatives must be feeling in not knowing what happened to their family members.

Thanks for the update Zaph.

-dex

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
More wreckage POSSIBLY from MH370.

Translation: More wreckage that possibly, maybe even probably, ISN'T from MH370.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I could be that the currents have finally had time to move the floating debris to land.

Some group has bound to have studied the currents and time for material to be moved to various points.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

Translation: More wreckage that possibly, maybe even probably, ISN'T from MH370.

Do you have a reason to say its PROBABLY not from MH370?

I know little on this topic, genuine question.

It just seems to me that a bulkhead isn't something you should find unless there's been an accident - and I don't know of any other plane it could have come from (surely it would have been bigger news if yet another plane went missing?).

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Most of the pieces found recently WERE from the aircraft.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

This makes at least five significant pieces found, four in the last couple of months. They're still analyzing those, but all are consistent with a 777 structure or parts.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hey Zaph how many pieces have been found so far?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I believe five now. The flaperon last summer, two skin panels, a Rolls Royce tag off the engine cowling, and now the bulkhead.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

Given that it's the only plane of its kind unaccounted for, I think the chance of it being from MH370 are actually pretty damn certain. Then again, I'm not a crazy conspiracy theorist who imagines some massive sinister plot by the Illuminati or NWO or Lizard People was the cause of this.

As usual, see the sig.

<<   2 >>

join