It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heidi Cruz Co-Authored Report Merging Canada, USA & Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker

originally posted by: UKTruth

I went to see who owned the web-site. Here is a link with some background. Apparently a white supremacist who supports Trump.

littlegreenfootballs.com...

How does that influence the actual content of the document?
Have you read through any of it?

Could not find a way to access it from your link. It showed a picture of the report cover but couldn't find a link to read it. Maybe just missed it as the page is extremely busy. Do you have a direct link to the report?

Its not my link, it was the OPs link.
The link is in the text and that takes you to a download page.

Sorry -didn't mean mistake you for the OP.

Heidi Cruz is listed as a task force member - not the co-author. Her name includes an asterisk which is noted as "*The individual has endorsed the report and submitted an additional or a dissenting view".

From page 6 of report - "A new North American community should rely more on the market and less on bureaucracy, more on pragmatic solutions to shared problems than on grand schemes of confederation or union, such as those in Europe. We must maintain respect for each other’s national sovereignty. " (bolding mine).

Doesn't sound much like someone wanting to merge the three countries. Also, the report is from 2005 and states that they want it all in place by 2010. Hasn't happened yet.

It appears to be brought up now just because we are in the middle of the election and the site posting it is owned by a Trump supporter.

She endorsed the report, that's correct. It would be interesting to know which point she challenged - there are lots of them.
I think at this stage its best to read the full report and draw conclusions individually. Regardless of the site, the document itself is a good find by the OP and I am currently reading through the full text.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I went to see who owned the web-site. Here is a link with some background. Apparently a white supremacist who supports Trump.

Could not find a way to access it from your link. It showed a picture of the report cover but couldn't find a link to read it. Maybe just missed it as the page is extremely busy. Do you have a direct link to the report?

Heidi Cruz is listed as a task force member - not the co-author. Her name includes an asterisk which is noted as "*The individual has endorsed the report and submitted an additional or a dissenting view".

From page 6 of report - "A new North American community should rely more on the market and less on bureaucracy, more on pragmatic solutions to shared problems than on grand schemes of confederation or union, such as those in Europe. We must maintain respect for each other’s national sovereignty. " (bolding mine).

Doesn't sound much like someone wanting to merge the three countries. Also, the report is from 2005 and states that they want it all in place by 2010. Hasn't happened yet.

It appears to be brought up now just because we are in the middle of the election and the site posting it is owned by a Trump supporter.

She endorsed the report, that's correct. It would be interesting to know which point she challenged - there are lots of them.
I think at this stage its best to read the full report and draw conclusions individually. Regardless of the site, the document itself is a good find by the OP and I am currently reading through the full text.

The additional comments for/against are on page 33 of the report. She supports the suggestions but the report still does not recommend merging the three countries. So the headline - I know it is the site's headline - is extremely misleading and I still believe that is due to the election and the site. The report would not have been posted if we weren't in the election cycle.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The additional comments for/against are on page 33 of the report. She supports the suggestions but the report still does not recommend merging the three countries. So the headline - I know it is the site's headline - is extremely misleading and I still believe that is due to the election and the site. The report would not have been posted if we weren't in the election cycle.

It's quite scary that it takes an election for this to surface. People are so asleep they are not questioning the govt vigorously enough. Believe me when I tell you that you do not want to become like Europe, where the whole region has the vast majority of its laws set centrally down to how you live you every day life. The people leading the central govt are not even elected by the citizens of each country. Be very careful. The EU was also positioned as a lovely benevolent idea and morphed into something on the cusp of a full blown dictatorship administered through Belgium by people installed from the banking community.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
"It's quite scary that it takes an election for this to surface. People are so asleep they are not questioning the govt vigorously enough. Believe me when I tell you that you do not want to become like Europe, where the whole region has the vast majority of its laws set centrally down to how you live you every day life. The people leading the central govt are not even elected by the citizens of each country. Be very careful. The EU was also positioned as a lovely benevolent idea and morphed into something on the cusp of a full blown dictatorship administered through Belgium by people installed from the banking community."

We (some of us) definitely do not want to be like Europe. I just don't see anything in this report that wants that. It specifically states that we need to all keep our sovereignty. I think it is scary that there are individuals that want to use misleading information to push their agenda/candidate and there are individuals (not you) that take it to heart with no research on their own. This election has shown more about our populace than any in the past and I think that scares me the most. (sorry somehow screwed up the quote process)

edit on 4/3/2016 by TXTriker because: quotes

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

"It's quite scary that it takes an election for this to surface. People are so asleep they are not questioning the govt vigorously enough. Believe me when I tell you that you do not want to become like Europe, where the whole region has the vast majority of its laws set centrally down to how you live you every day life. The people leading the central govt are not even elected by the citizens of each country. Be very careful. The EU was also positioned as a lovely benevolent idea and morphed into something on the cusp of a full blown dictatorship administered through Belgium by people installed from the banking community."

We (some of us) definitely do not want to be like Europe. I just don't see anything in this report that wants that. It specifically states that we need to all keep our sovereignty. I think it is scary that there are individuals that want to use misleading information to push their agenda/candidate and there are individuals (not you) that take it to heart with no research on their own. This election has shown more about our populace than any in the past and I think that scares me the most. (sorry somehow screwed up the quote process)

I don't think you understand the implications of the report - have a read of the original EU proposals.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Mexico is no worse off than say East Germany was before reunification. The problem would not be so much for the US which would dominate such a union but, the Mexico and Canada would simply become a group of new American States the 50 years down the road would identical to the others. Mexican and Canadian culture would cease to exist for the most part. A huge boon for the US who would completely dominate such a union population wise, economically, culturally and politically. And while the standard of living in Mexico would massively increase and crime massively decrease Mexico as a people and culture would cease to exist. Canada's would not get much benefit and lose everything that makes it Canada. This would be less a union than the US just annexing Mexico and Canada. With Canada being the tenth largest economy and Mexico 14th (just above Russia) everybody would find economic benefits. However if your Canada and Mexico is that really worth just becoming the next 6 US states?

I am not so sure about that, you have to look at birth rates. Whoever has the most offspring will dominate culturally. If the US has a negative birthrate compared to Mexico, in 50 years its likely that Mexico would most likely dominate. And I dont think Canada has a birth rate even as high as the US. Whoever makes the most babies will win this one.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I don't think you understand the implications of the report - have a read of the original EU proposals.

And anything can happen in the future.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I love IHOP.

Does that make me weird?

This "merger" is going to happen. It already has in many ways. The US is far too dominant for it not to have in unofficial fashion.

Like it or not, and frankly, I'd rather it didn't...but our wants or likes will have nothing to do with it. The three countries are much too closely linked for any other way to go.

MHO, of course.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
A United North America doesn't sound so bad to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

And anything can happen in the future.

True - and there are those that want to shape it, whilst others sit back to see what happens. The human race has always been thus.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Poor canada

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join