It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many different levels of rigging are involved with a US presidential election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
1. Without enough fundraising, nothing else matters. And, for the big players, donations = bribes. IMHO, in 99.9% of cases, a truly moral person can't get past the first step because they won't take bribes.

2. If you get past the first step, you have to find a way to get enough attention from the mainstream media or the rest of it doesn't matter. Since the mainstream media is almost entirely owned by people who have their own puppet candidates to push (see step 1), the only way anyone else gets enough reporting from the MSM is if they're so famous that they can't be ignored (see Trump). Practically everyone on Earth is eliminated in this step regardless of how much money they can raise through honest means.

3. If you get past the first two steps, then you've got rigged voting procedures and rigged voting machines to deal with in the primary process.

4. If you could somehow get past the first three steps, you've got the parties rigging things in as many ways as they can:

DNC chair says superdelegates ensure elites don’t have to run “against grassroots activists”

RNC member: "rule was designed to prevent Ron Paul delegates...from being counted"

PredictIt: 73% chance of a GOP brokered convention, Rubio is the key figure

Republican National Committee member on nomination process: “This is the greatest hoax ever.”

5. If by some miracle you got past the first four steps, you've got the electoral college to deal with. That in itself is rigged on another level, independent of the rigging in the first four steps (outside of step 3). The amount of cheating via rigged voting procedures and rigged voting machines probably is greater in this step than it was in step 3.

How the 2016 Election Was Rigged More Than 200 Years Ago

Am I missing anything?
edit on 1-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It is fascinating how obvious irregularities seem to be in the US political system regarding voting. Absolutely fascinating for an outsider. None of it seems to be honest to me, but I am not conversant with all the rules and regulations.

If it is as dishonest as it seems to be...anyway

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I would say roughly the amount necessary to outfit the Spanish Armada of old.

It's a disgrace really.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It is rather simple, dear Watson, where there is a politician involved, you can count on it.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You could look to the like of Milton Milan, an ex-mayor of Cambden, New Jersey and corrupt as they come, or state legislators, who vote for one another in their absence, or perhaps just steal the vote. You can't make this stuff up,

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

from the top down qestion how tall is the ladder

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I would say roughly the amount necessary to outfit the Spanish Armada of old. It's a disgrace really.

Or land sold by France (Louisiana Purchase) to fund a loosing war against EVERYONE within Napoleon's perception range. I would look at foreign investments in land purchases; two examples: Germany, Saudi Arabia (state by state).

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I have much to say on this, but not the time, at the moment.

However, S&Fs for this thread. I'll definitely be coming back to contribute.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Election rigging is as old as the election process itself.

No country has a monopoly on corruption.

It is very disconcerting and makes people not even want to vote.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Am I missing anything?

Yes. You are missing the one-two-combo of no voter I.D. requirements combined with outdated voter registration logs.

I still live in the town where my two brothers and I were raised. They have moved away but they still receive election/vote reminders to vote in their old locations. While I still live in the same town, I live in a different part of town and have a new designated voting location but I still receive election/vote reminders to vote in my previous location (my and my brothers' previous location was in our parents' area.... which is how I see the reminders when I visit with them and see the pile of junk mail for us kids).

Long story short, if I wanted to I could vote four (4) times in each election.
1) My current (legit) voting place as myself.
2) My previous voting place as myself (during early AM hours)
3) My previous voting place as brother #1 (during mid-day... maybe change of wardrobe for fun)
4) My previous voting place as brother #2 (during early evening hours.... maybe change back to original wardrobe for more fun).

Also, my mother no longer votes so my wife could take her vote as well.
edit on 1-4-2016 by eluryh22 because: for clarity

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
How does taking donations and getting media attention rig an election?

Just not making a connection. They take donations and they make the news in an election year. Yawn...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I can't imagine how anyone could read about Pia Farrankopf, the mummified woman found dead in her garage in Pontiac, Michigan, in 2014 -- and consider the fact that someone voted in her name, for Michigan Governor, while she had been dead in her garage for two years unnoticed -- and not wonder about the degree of voter fraud that actually goes on.

The reality is that Pia's death may have been politically motivated...and *coincidentally* someone with an interest in voter-fraud may have murdered her.

PRISM, PROMIS, Politics, and Pia -- the Mummified Woman from Pontiac, Michigan

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Election rigging is as old as the election process itself.
No country has a monopoly on corruption.
It is very disconcerting and makes people not even want to vote.

Unless you live within a 'dictatorship/totalitarian/Authoritarian' government (I think one of these definitions includes a 'spiritual' texture). As you say; "No country has a monopoly on corruption": why? because there are so many competing for the TITLE of the WORST OF THE WORST existing rulers; *A very special* version of "Dictator Olympics" would be required to define such refined qualities; what would that resemble event wise?
edit on 1-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Thanks for this OP!

How many?

You can't even begin to count them all. The whole exercise is really all about advertising. Check CNN for example and notice the 24/7 coverage of what will turn out to be a very predictable dance of the dummies in terms of this election.

Well, at the end of the day when Queen Hilary is anointed, we'll all breath a sigh of relief that its just....all over for another 4 years.

As a friend of mine said, this election is a Crock-O-Crap!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Long Live Pia! Great Post!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

This is despicable.
They should be hung for treason. Shackled for sedition and flogged as traitors.
Seriously that is rather sucky and underhanded especially for kasich. He has one state . His own. He tried. He failed.
He needs to realise that and step aside.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Another example:

Anti-Trump Super PAC #NeverTrump Books HUNDREDS of Rooms In Cleveland to Bribe-Poach RNC Delegates

Here's an additional aspect of the rigging that favors the rich and powerful:

It is legal for candidates to pay delegates at a brokered convention
edit on 26-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join