It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Dream..Can you help me figure out what it may mean?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's what I read about the symbol here

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bentai22

What is it, that you struggle with in daily life? difficulties to show yourself? speak your mind? do you hide yourself knowing that you have something to share but are afraid to come forth?
Or do you doubt your own intelligence because in your mind they know better than you?

Which is it?

Because that is what i read in your dream, persons are a part of our self, a dark person is generally explained as our shadow side or subconscious.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I am white, he was black in my dream, don't know if that matters

Why would it matter?
Sounds like you have white guilt...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I think I doubt my intelligence. I tend to feel a bit inferior to people whom I think are smarter than I am.

I also find that the older I get, the more withdrawn I become and I get more apathetic to other people. I tend to keep to myself and stay in my house, unless I am working.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So we're going down the 'summoned entity' path here...instead of the boring old logical subconscious interpretation path?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

I only stated the racial difference, because I thought the difference may have a significant meaning.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

It's a dream ...If you can't describe a dream nowadays, lift me up and take me home!!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not at all, it was just all that I could find when I was looking for the meaning of the symbol. May I state that I have never seen that symbol before my dream?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

The symbol is just a red herring, if you try to give it specific meaning beyond it just being a generic symbol.
The presence of any symbol is to tell you that ALL elements of your dream are significant only as they symbolically represent you.

Rule 'numero uno' of dream interpretation is 'It's ALL about YOU.'
edit on 1-4-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

From 'there'…

Here are the results of my research across modern, biblical, and ancient Greek lexicons:
Ana = by, through
Pheneros = manifest, to make clear (although modern usage seems to indicate 'obvious' or 'clear')
Phos = light

Words beginning with a 'phax' or 'phex' root seem to indicate light as well.

Phexe (Phi-Epsilon-Xi-Eta) = daybreak
Pheximo (Phi-Epsilon-Xi-Iotta-Mu-Omicron) = lightning
Primos = first (the ancient definition I found was similar to the Latin "primus")
Prin = before

Possible interpretations of the words when assembled:

Anaphaxeton = through/by the light
Anapheneton = through/by the manifestation”

That you carry the 'body' and it comes to life born anew could mean some revelation or prescience coming to you…

someone else said keep a dream journal for a while…

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks, I will do that and post updates if there is anything of significance.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm just here to support jonjonj's and earthling42's responses.

I agree with them and to add on: There's no ufo, aliens, or demon/alien spirit possession going on. Boring as it might be, the mind is feeling guilty about something traumatic that happened, and probably blocked out the events that birthed the guilt. The event probably happened when you were 3/4 years old, and now it's trying to reveal itself/surface so that you can fully process what happened and forgive yourself. Be careful because it CAN manifest as a ufo abduction/satanic possession, which is the minds way of processing some trauma's apparently... but not being able to reach the truth/break free from the dream fully. Also, be careful because the stress of the reality can really hurt your body in ways that lead to permanent physical damage. Be very loving and forgiving of yourself here, no matter what you've done in the past.

But, I could also be projecting. Sorry in advance if that is the case and there are real alien spirits involved (but I doubt it) and some real symbolic mystical ancient spiritual magic (but I doubt it).

Take care!
edit on 1-4-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

From what I remember about symbology, that design has 3 elements: the first (the triangle on the outside) can be interpreted as "The Trinity" or The Divine Family [i.e.: Mary, Joseph, Jesus] ). The circle represents One or "The Whole", and the line drawn vertically represents the division between the Male and the Female. So "the Whole" divided into Male and Female halves contained within "The Trinity".

Yes there are probably a lot of other possible interpretations but this is what I see based on what I learned about symbology.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I typically don't dream either and when I do, if that dream is in color, it will actually happen. Been like that since I was a kid. It's possible that you could have had something similar.

There are numerous depictions of a circle within a triangle (or the inverse) throughout history that were (and still are) a representation of different things. Most of them are of a spiritual/religious nature, but what first came to me was Alcoholics Anonymous. It used to be their logo.

I think it's important that you remembered such details as skin color and age, because if this wasn't just an odd dream and actually comes to pass, you'll recognize your friend. Perhaps you are being given a nudge by the Universe and you are meant to help this individual in some way in the future.

Perhaps in the dream, your actions did not cause his death. Maybe he caused his own death and you were trying to stop him, but you weren't successful. That would definitely jibe with your feelings of intense sadness and loss.

Of course, it could mean absolutely nothing...but it would be a good idea to keep a watchful eye out.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

As far as colors are concerned, I only remember only a few colors in vivid detail.

In the dream, the orange/yellow lines in the road we quite visible, and I remember seeing alot of dark blue.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I only stated the racial difference, because I thought the difference may have a significant meaning.

But it actually seems,at least on a sub-conscious level that this dream is an allegorical representation of you feeling guilty for the deaths of minorities that occur in society. I suggest this because you mention in your dream your "actions lead to the death of my friend." Then you brought his body to his family, "apologized profusely, and they had forgiven" you.

If you were directly responsible for his death then I'm totally off base here(i.e murder,assault...)
However if you were directly responsible for his death,it would seem odd that his family would forgive you so easily.

Anyway have a good night.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
APRIL FOOLS.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I've talked to other people before who've dreamed vividly and only certain colors stand out, as you're describing. With me it's either all gray scale or all vivid color...there's no in between. But colors can have significance, so you may find some meaning there too.

Based on color alone, I would ask you if you've been through a sudden life changing experience...doesn't have to be necessarily profound, even a new career path or other life path. Orange and yellow both represent change or a turning point or a new beginning. Getting past something difficult. Blue is typically healing, protective, but dark blue can represent emotional turmoil or trepidation about something, a mystery or secret, or even a quest for deeper understanding of something that eludes you in the waking world.

I personally put a lot of importance on my dreams because they happen so rarely, but that's not the case with most people. Sometimes I envy them the ability to dream...or I should say, the ability to have pleasant dreams and remember them. Mine have never been pleasant. The last dream I had was in 2013 and it was full color and still just as vivid in my memory today...and I hope with all my heart that it doesn't ever come true.

I think it's worth a deeper look and you're right to explore it...it obviously affected you enough to post about it here, even knowing that you might be ridiculed for it. I hope you're able to figure it out. I think someone mentioned keeping a dream journal...ever since my last dream I keep a pad and pen next to the bed, even though it's been almost three years now.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

edit on 302512America/ChicagoSun, 03 Apr 2016 12:25:14 -050030pm3093America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Duplicate

top topics

<< 1   >>

join