It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April Fools on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
When I first logged in today I noticed a message saying that the domain name had been seized by the FBI. Was anyone else caught off guard by this prank?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
When I first logged in today I noticed a message saying that the domain name had been seized by the FBI. Was anyone else caught off guard by this prank?

In a word, No!!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

For a millisecond

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Short answer; glance at the Board Business and General Chit-chat forums and count the threads.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Not for a second.

link   
most definitely. but my first reaction was the site had been hacked. This already has about 8 threads. Look for the first one.

link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

LOL

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

edit on 1-4-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
On every April Fools day, my boos at a past work location use to always send out letters to us that “because of loss revenue every ones salary would have to be cut 15 percent”

He always fooled a lot of people but when he went around giggling and laughing, HA HA HA, April fools...fools. While the office girls laughed along with the April fools joke

I never laughed back

I didn’t think that was funny at all!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

No, I hate April Fools Day

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Short answer; glance at the Board Business and General Chit-chat forums and count the threads.

Thanks for the tip. I guess this is out of place and a repeat. My apologies.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
We aught to change the American elections from November to April fools day

It sort of fits, doesn’t it.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I prefer to think of April Fools day at ATS, as being more like the day in the year where ones critical thinking abilities are so over taxed that one might as well give up on anything remotely serious, such is the BS to reality level.

I got bored of it, at about quarter past eleven this morning, and I am so glad there are only three or so minutes left of this ridiculous day. Back to normal tomorrow, and the better for it.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It sure got me good,then I tripped out thinking it was a trojan virus

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Guilty.

We're in the middle of moving so things are disorganized, especially between my ears. When I couldn't sleep this morning, I thought I'd take a peek at ATS and maybe find a long boring thread to quiet my mind but I got those dancing squiggly things and couldn't make heads or tails of it. I thought the iPad had a virus and I was grateful I was too tired for a melt down.

During the earlier threads, this morning at 2AM, someone posted what the domain shutdown seize looks like. I spent some time looking at it out of groggy curiosity. But I made sure I closed everything down when we left, so it wouldn't look like I'm on line. I KNOW I turned it off.

So, just now, stopping by to grab a few things, and taking the moment to get a sip of ATS, I saw that...

Oh My God!!!! I knew exactly what that said and I knew exactly what that meant and my mind went bursting in every direction. I wanted to scream and turn back the clock. I had to put my last brain cell into Mighty Mouse mode to help me get a grip...And thus engaged, I wondered...could they?....would they?....surely they wouldn't be THAT MEAN?!!!

Oh, please, God, let them be that mean!!!

And yes, there you are.

And here I am, an exhausted but happy April Fool.

PS: For what it is worth, I thought it was great. I've never had anyone play an April Fools joke on me so it was actually kind of fun and nice. Now I feel normal...almost.
edit on 1-4-2016 by ClownFish because: added PS

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My first thoughts were "Who hacked the site now and what virus did it give me?"

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yes... after SkepticOverlord got me this morning with the dancing hamsters. I thought the pranking was done for the day. As I came to the realization that it could be another prank. It began to fade. 😆

I also thought simultaneously that ATS finally broke the Kennedy assassination case and the feds seized ATS.
edit on 1-4-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Heh, I came home to the dancing hamsters.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It was good..😅

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Anyone who is caught off guard on April fools is, wait for it…

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join