It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was a brokered convention always the plan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I do not think it was always the plan. However, as it became clear early on Trump was polling last among any GOP candidate in the General election I think it was no doubt being thought about. As Trump alienated more undecided voters and the gap in the general election got wider I am sure is was being openly talked about, When a large part of the party began to openly hate Trump and his numbers among Democrats and Independents hit numbers so bad they had not been seen before it likely became the plan. At this point with Trump polling lower than any other Presidential candidate since polling began it became the last hope of the GOP.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Was a brokered convention the plan all along?

There was no plan. Trump blew it all up. He's running to insure Hilary wins, plain and simple. If he doesn't get the nomination, his supporters will spew fury and refuse to support the RNC candidate. If he gets the nomination, he'll blow up his election with weird and wild assertions to intentionally lose to Hilary.

The whole thing is an orchestrated game.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I don't think it was planned, but with such a large number of people who originally where running on the Republican ticket it made the possibility much more likely.

Trump, Cruz and Rubio where in a three way tie for a while. Now Rubio is out taking his votes and delegates with him, not to mention all the other delegates and votes the many other people who where running gained. You add that all up and you start to see how the GOP played itself with some many people running.

So no I don't think it was planned, I see it more of a sign that the GOP is at the cusp of imploding. If they don't make some changes the party is looking more and more likely that it will split.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Trump is going to make an independent run and split the conservative vote so badly, democrats will win with a MANDATE.

I do believe this election is meant for the democrats.

It would not be that big of a split. Trump has brought in a lot of his voters to the party from the outside. But I too feel the Democrats will most likely win the election. I first came to this conclusion early on because of all the low quality candidates that where running. Republicans need to learn that it is one thing to win your parties vote but they will not make it to the white house with out a candidate that has some appeal to the independents, fence sitters and some Democrats. They seem pretty out of touch in this department.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I have heard rumors that Trump has met with the GOP insiders and they may have even reached some type of agreement here but what it is I am not sure. Anyone who counts Trump out at this point needs more fingers on his hand. He will be nominated and he may even beat Bernie. (Hears heads explode and smiles wildly at this.)

edit on 2-4-2016 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Trump is going to make an independent run and split the conservative vote so badly, democrats will win with a MANDATE.

I do believe this election is meant for the democrats.

It would not be that big of a split. Trump has brought in a lot of his voters to the party from the outside. But I too feel the Democrats will most likely win the election. I first came to this conclusion early on because of all the low quality candidates that where running. Republicans need to learn that it is one thing to win your parties vote but they will not make it to the white house with out a candidate that has some appeal to the independents, fence sitters and some Democrats. They seem pretty out of touch in this department.

The greater Trump's support is, the bigger the split if he parts from the GOP. He doesn't have that much support from independents.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
I have heard rumors that Trump has met with the GOP insiders and they may have even reached some type of agreement here but what it is I am not sure. Anyone who counts Trump out at this point needs more fingers on his hand. He will be nominated and he may even beat Bernie. (Hears heads explode and smiles wildly at this.)

The other possibility is that the GOP told Trump he is not going to get the nomination, giving him time to bow out of the
race with a semblance of dignity, instead of driving the clown car into the political ditch. The AM radio talking heads like Beck and Levin have started distancing themselves from Trump and with out the support of the AM radio conservatives.....

adios Senor Trump.

edit on 2-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join