It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Censors French President Saying ‘ISLAMIST Terrorism’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: UnBreakable
When I read this, I thought.... You can't be serious.
But, NO, it is totally serious.
Who the hell is running our country?

You know who is running the country.

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"
edit on 1-4-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: reldra

I'm a Christian. I am white. I am not a White Supremacist. I realize all White Supremacists are Christian. If someone used the term 'White Supremacist Christian", I would not be offended because I realize not ALL Christians are White Supremacists.

That is still different from Christian Terrorist. Not all Christians are terrorists. A tiny percentage, just like Muslims. Yet, we know that about 99.999% of White Supremacists are Christian. Most, if not all, White Supremacist groups have been listed as terrorists by the government. Christians and Muslims, have not.

Since there is such a tiny percent of terrorists that profess either faith, it is useless to create divisive terms for either.
edit on 1-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

edit on 4jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I would say a good 95% or more of mosques in the US do no have Imams that are so irresponsible.

Uh, the number is closer to 90%.

FBI: 10% of U.S. Mosques Preach Jihad Imams preach jihad and extremism in 10 percent of the 2,000 mosques in the United States, the FBI estimates.

www.newsmax.com...

My response: (quote formatting is messing up again)

the FBI estimates.

"The FBI Estimates"

And Newsmax is a pretty crappy source.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The people doing this are nuts, their religion did not tell them to do this, though they may believe it did.

So an Imam exhorting his flock to 'strike the necks' of unbelievers is not the problem, when he is quoting religious scripture, it is the nuts that believe him?
What explains the rather large number of 'nuts' in certain areas of the Middle East?

Most Imams will not say that as most Priests or Ministers will not quote many bible passages as Directions.

In many countries, Egypt is a good example, they have placed many regulations on what can be a mosque- the size, lo cation, etc., as they found the extremist Imams, ones that had not met their guidelines to even be an Imam, were most likely quoting scripture out of context.

I would say a good 95% or more of mosques in the US do no have Imams that are so irresponsible. Oddly, I am not so sure of many Evangelist churches and Ministers- especially in the Southern US.

FBI: 10% of U.S. Mosques Preach Jihad Imams preach jihad and extremism in 10 percent of the 2,000 mosques in the United States, the FBI estimates.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The people doing this are nuts, their religion did not tell them to do this, though they may believe it did.

So an Imam exhorting his flock to 'strike the necks' of unbelievers is not the problem, when he is quoting religious scripture, it is the nuts that believe him?
What explains the rather large number of 'nuts' in certain areas of the Middle East?

Most Imams will not say that as most Priests or Ministers will not quote many bible passages as Directions.

In many countries, Egypt is a good example, they have placed many regulations on what can be a mosque- the size, lo cation, etc., as they found the extremist Imams, ones that had not met their guidelines to even be an Imam, were most likely quoting scripture out of context.

I would say a good 95% or more of mosques in the US do no have Imams that are so irresponsible. Oddly, I am not so sure of many Evangelist churches and Ministers- especially in the Southern US.

www.newsmax.com...

yes, the FBI 'estimates'. I answered above, The auto formatting for quoting is getting odd today.

And Newsmax is a crappy source.

The FBI estimates 10% of US Mosques preach jihad or 10% of mosques,,,there are more Imams than mosques. I think the number is smaller.

Imams preach, mosques are buildings.

I was off by 5% on the FBI 'estimate' off of the top of my head. not too bad.

For a conspiracy site, the FBI is believed when it is convenient, I see.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I'd like to see the entire video to get some context but honestly I don't get conservatives and wanting Obama to call it Radical Islam. Seems like a waste of engery to me because we all know who these terrorists are.

But that said, come watch this video about the topic!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

edit on 4jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Which is why it's censored. Radical narrows the field. I know it doesn't say radical. I'm saying it should.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It is Islamic terrorism, not religious fundamentalism, not religious extremism, not religious terrorism. Until it doesn't have the component of Islam connecting them, it will remain Islamic Terrorism, and no Orwellian newspeak will change the facts, nor your fear of confronting them.
edit on 1-4-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It is fundamentalist Islamic,which is a religon, terrorism. It is all of what you said. No Orwellian newspeak can change that definition of what those terms mean. They are taking a fundamental stance on their religion that is Islam to justify their actions.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Literally took me 5 min to find, skip to 4:45 and hear the audio of the translation saying Islamist or possibly Islamic terrorism.
It is on the whitehouse channel as well.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It is fundamentalist Islamic,which is a religon, terrorism. It is all of what you said. No Orwellian newspeak can change that definition of what those terms mean. They are taking a fundamental stance on their religion that is Islam to justify their actions.

It's one religion, a specific religion, not religion in general. Every religion has extremist; every religion has fundamentalists; but only one is committing acts of terrorism to this degree.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Still doesn't change that it is religious fundamentalist. All of them kill people everyday, we just focus on Islamic because yes they are being the loudest right now.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Still doesn't change that it is religious fundamentalist. All of them kill people everyday, we just focus on Islamic because yes they are being the loudest right now.

That's not true. If Jains were religious fundamentalists, they wouldn't be able to harm a living thing. Religious fundamentalism doesn't necessarily lead to killing people nor terrorism. Islamic fundamentalism apparently does, however.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The US administration does not use the term 'Islamic terrorism' and for good reason.

I would think the fact that ISIS is attempting to create an Islamic Caliphate and the fact they have took credit for these attacks in Paris and Brussels would make Hollande using the term "Islamic Terrorism" extremely accurate and the White House exposing themselves as sympathetic to Islamic Terrorism by editing out the term spoken by a Foreign Head of State.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Ok I am sorry, all was an incorrect word to use. I should say they are other religious fundies that also kill people.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

They didn't edit anything out, look up and you can see the video of it being said.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Is the correct vernacular Arab terrorism or Islanic terrorism?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It's the Islamist part that gets sticky. Radical in front of that narrows it down.
It's like all Chevys are cars but not all cars are Chevys.
Don't anyone come back with any Nit picky comments about vans and trucks. Lol

All ISIS are Muslims but not all Muslims are ISIS.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to offend millions of people.

Yes, but he's not even the president of our country. So who cares what he says? It's like editing Iranians chanting death to Americans ... oh, wait, no one bothers to do that ...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join