It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why would aliens come here?????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
O.K. while I know that many on this board lack the abillity to think critically I would like to point out that the "worker slave" hypothesis makes absolutly no sense when viewed in the context of human nature.
Take for example an animal which we know for a fact to be "designed" (through selective breeding) as a labourer.
Oxen.
Now oxen have been used by man for millenia, and over that time we have as a species bred theses beasts of burden for specific traits.
1) Endurance
2) strength
3) docility
In addition we have intentionally tried to breed certain traits out of these beasts the biggest being agression, both directed torwards other speces and thier own. After all if you have to work two oxen in a team you don't want them fighting do you?

Now what does this have to do with the "worker slave" hypothesis?

Well to put it simply humans are among the most agressive beings on the planet, both torwards ourselves and other species. Cruelty, violence, rage etc are a part of our nature.

My point is had we been "designed", whether through selective breeding or genetic tech to be workers these traits are amongst the first traits that would have been removed. Add to that our innate fear of things we don't understand, which invariably leads to agression and humans emerge as a species fantastically unsuited for slave labor. Hell we still kill people because they are a different color, much less a species from an entirley different planet.

Now the idea of humans having been bred as a soldier race, well that is, at least based on human nature, somewhat plausible.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Interesting that you remeber so much from the event most people it seems dont remeber much and end up with scaring they cant figure out how they got. I could see it as plausable even with us being slaves i mean even with our anger it can be controlled and were not always anger if sheep get angry they will attack and oxen can be angry if provoked i could see us as slaves. Strange they didn't do anything to you once they knocked you out but i guess if you weren't ment to be expriemented on then they would have no use for you.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lizzardsamok
you ask why they come here...
they being all the aliens in the universe
well that would be a long answer
maybe if you got a little more specific youll get better answers.
which would lead you to BETTER questions.

GREYS
1,2,or3
REPTILIAN
BLUES
Insectoid
Huminoid
anunnaki
Nordic

PICK one il tell you why for that race...

food for thought:
DEFINE alien:

1 non human
2 human not from earth
3 non human but lives here
4 non human not from earth

see how complicated a seemingly simple question is.

DEFINE Human:

[edit on 13-1-2005 by lizzardsamok]

ok, ever heard of the iargans? How about that one

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Their are lots of reasons aliens could be here. If they are dying out, they would need another form of life [us] to take DNA from, experiment etc...
If they were after knowledge, they'd abduct the smartest people on Earth and make them develop technology.

Personally, I don't beleive in any abductions. Why woudl aliens take normal people, if they wanted to learn something they would take the smart people. But if smart people started getting abducted, and they said, it could ruin their career, so mayeb they are getting abducted?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   

(posted by mwm1331)

Take for example an animal which we know for a fact to be "designed" (through selective breeding) as a labourer. Oxen.
Now oxen have been used by man for millenia, and over that time we have as a species bred theses beasts of burden for specific traits.
1) Endurance
2) strength
3) docility
In addition we have intentionally tried to breed certain traits out of these beasts the biggest being agression, both directed torwards other speces and thier own. After all if you have to work two oxen in a team you don't want them fighting do you?

An ox is a mild-mannered beast because IT IS A CASTRATED BULL, not because through artificial selection a tractable bull was created.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time, back in the Stone Age of the ATS website, someone started a thread, on Aug. 14, 2002, with a title that was nearly identical to the title of the present thread, "Why do aliens come here?". This is the address:

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe the most noteworthy message in it is the one posted by the Super Moderator calling himself TheBandit795, who said ...

I've said it again and again... Why do you guys always assume that Aliens will only be physical beings... Some, if not most are not physical.
There are different dimensions according to the string theory.
I myself have seen some weird beings the first time I had an OBE. When I went back in my physical body I couldn't see them anymore....
Think about it... Do you think you are always alone in your room in front of your pc???

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Macrento]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join