It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump teen girl pepper sprayed, wasn't groped and referred to 'juvi' for assault

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Ok, what kind of parents allow a 15 year old girl to attend a political rally and become hostile to adults? My daughter is 14 and has been taught to be respectful of ALL adults.

Yep, and everyone says Trump supporters are animals.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Of course lol. Seriously though, I would like the press to dig a little and find out more about the parents. Is this sort of hostile behavior encouraged?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: reldra

Yeah it was the creepy looking guy with the goatee that pepper sprayed her. You can see it in this video:

EDIT:

Okay after watching this video, it's pretty apparent what happened. They're screaming in one another's faces, the girl is holding a sign up over her head and the man is doing a lot of talking with his hands and then it appears that he does in fact touch her chest, at least with the papers he's holding and possibly the back of his a couple fingers as he's trying to emphasize his point.

I sure as hell wouldn't call it a sexual assault (in this case, groping) but I do have to revise my earlier statement because he does appear to have initiated physical contact with her. She still shouldn't have struck him and the smirking creep with the pepper spray should be charged for his involvement.

I wouldn't call it a sexual assault, either. He did touch her and technically, in legal terms, it is 'an assault'. However she can press charges, but the police can decline to prosecute him, which they did. They found her contact, which sems to be more of a glancing blow than a punch, to be prosecutable. All that is reasonable.

I really do hope they find the man who pepper sprayed her. That would be an actual assault charge.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
That was one satisfying pepper spray shot.
Well aimed and placed upon a violent radical.
It stopped further escalation from taking place so it served its purpose well.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Are we certain there wasn't someone with a better video or that she didn't admit to making it up?

I think the video we see here is the best. It seems part of his hand, that was holding the paper, contacted her chest area, maybe a couple of times. She could call that a 'grope'.

I don't find anywhere she said she made it up.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: newsoul

This guy:

Regardless of her age, she knows that you can't just go around punching people in the face. I love swift justice!!

I don't know that there's any justice in this video at all. She shouldn't have punched him, I agree. Mr. Creepy above shouldn't have pepper sprayed her either. Mr. Tough Guy in my earlier post shouldn't have pushed those two girls in the back (and then laughed like he was a some kind of badass pushing a couple teenage girls around. Ugh. I want to punch him in the mouth). Finally, Mr. Hands shouldn't be touching peoples' chests when he's arguing with them. It's a really bad habit and I imagine we've all seen arguments where somebody poking their finger in another person's chest launched things right into a fist fight.

So yeah, no real justice here. Just a bunch of people behaving badly.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

That was definitely illegal. That won't be disorderly conduct, it will be assault and might carry jail time.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

That was definitely illegal. That won't be disorderly conduct, it will be assault and might carry jail time.

The only assault was the lieing juvie who threw a punch which placed her into the violent category which opened her up to the well deserved pepper spay shot to quell the violence.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It's hard for me to focus my attention enough right now to go through the video. I'll believe you. The whole thing just seems like a series of unfortunate decisions.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I wouldn't call it a sexual assault, either. He did touch her and technically, in legal terms, it is 'an assault'. However she can press charges, but the police can decline to prosecute him, which they did. They found her contact, which sems to be more of a glancing blow than a punch, to be prosecutable. All that is reasonable. I really do hope they find the man who pepper sprayed her. That would be an actual assault charge.

I agree with all of that 100%. I'd add that the laughing jackass that pushed the two girls in the back could use a punch in the mouth. A grown man shoving two teen girls a third his size in the back as they're exiting and then laughing about it is a sleazy degenerate. Something about how proud he was of himself really just sets me off.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Never trust anything from the halfwits at DisinfoSnores.

Meanwhile in reality she lied and is now going to kid prison.

I wouldn't call it a sexual assault, either. He did touch her and technically, in legal terms, it is 'an assault'. However she can press charges, but the police can decline to prosecute him, which they did. They found her contact, which sems to be more of a glancing blow than a punch, to be prosecutable. All that is reasonable. I really do hope they find the man who pepper sprayed her. That would be an actual assault charge.

I agree with all of that 100%. I'd add that the laughing jackass that pushed the two girls in the back could use a punch in the mouth. A grown man shoving two teen girls a third his size in the back as they're exiting and then laughing about it is a sleazy degenerate. Something about how proud he was of himself really just sets me off.

You just cant help yourself to victimize and deflect for these violent activists.
edit on 1-4-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

a reply to: newsoul
So yeah, no real justice here. Just a bunch of people behaving badly.

Agreed, all sides have their fair share of bad behavior, and unfortunately it will just get worse as the dog days of summer approaches. It will be even worse at the conventions, which will no doubt have lot 'o protests. Watch the violence at the GOP convention when they disenfranchise the Trump supporters and give the nomination to Teddy Boy.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Actually it doesn't appear that she did lie and she's not going to "kid prison" because the man she struck (who we can now see initiated physical contact) didn't press charges.

She shouldn't have punched him. Everyone is in agreement with that. Her response was disproportionate and he would have been within his rights to press charges. That has nothing to do with the pepper spraying creepy asshole or the fat jackass shoving kids in the back and laughing like he's some kind of hero.
edit on 2016-4-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yes, me too. It is a pervasive attitude I have been seeing. It is the same as what caused Pepper Spray guy to think that was OK to do.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I agree. I'm not looking forward to how bad this might get going forward as we get closer to the conventions and the summer heat becomes a factor.

If there's a brokered convention and the GOP nominates Ted Cruz, it's going to be ugly. I can't see them doing it though because they'd split the conservative vote and the Democrats could run ANYONE and take the election.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

dbl post

DBL
edit on 1-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Never trust anything from the halfwits at DisinfoSnores.

My reply: (these are not formatting right)
She will be arrested and charged with Disorderly Conduct. Arrested does not necessarily mean they will go and collect her. They know where she is. A) They will contact her by telephone and ask her parents to bring her in to be fingerprinted and photographed and then release her with a court date. or B) She will be mailed an appearance ticket.

Disorderly Conduct is a violation (or a C Misdemeanor depending on the state). She could be fined, probably not more than $100. Or, she is offered an ACD...Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal. That means she must not break the law for 6 months (sometimes 12) and then the charge will be dismissed.

The arrest record will be expunged on her 18th or 21st birthday.

There will be no kid prison.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I agree. I'm not looking forward to how bad this might get going forward as we get closer to the conventions and the summer heat becomes a factor.

If there's a brokered convention and the GOP nominates Ted Cruz, it's going to be ugly. I can't see them doing it though because they'd split the conservative vote and the Democrats could run ANYONE and take the election.

That's their plan. The GOP establishment says they would rather take their chances with a Dem establishment POTUS (Hillary), who the establishment can control, rather than a Trump, who they can't.

"Rep. Steve King: GOP Establishment Could Back Hillary if Trump or Cruz Wins Nomination"
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

Actually it doesn't appear that she did lie

you're delusional. The corner of a pamphlet barely making contact with your center mass is not sexual assault. It's a shame people like you minimize actual sexual assault.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Yeah it was the creepy looking guy with the goatee that pepper sprayed her. You can see it in this video:

EDIT:

Okay after watching this video, it's pretty apparent what happened. They're screaming in one another's faces, the girl is holding a sign up over her head and the man is doing a lot of talking with his hands and then it appears that he does in fact touch her chest, at least with the papers he's holding and possibly the back of his a couple fingers as he's trying to emphasize his point.

I sure as hell wouldn't call it a sexual assault (in this case, groping) but I do have to revise my earlier statement because he does appear to have initiated physical contact with her. She still shouldn't have struck him and the smirking creep with the pepper spray should be charged for his involvement.

I wouldn't call it a sexual assault, either. He did touch her and technically, in legal terms, it is 'an assault'. However she can press charges, but the police can decline to prosecute him, which they did. They found her contact, which sems to be more of a glancing blow than a punch, to be prosecutable. All that is reasonable.

I really do hope they find the man who pepper sprayed her. That would be an actual assault charge.

Actually you are completely wrong. When in a crowd it is expected to be accidentally touched, etc. That's the expectation and the law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join