It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best and Worst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Happy April Fools Everyone.

Lets take some time to recount some of the best and worst April fool pranks you given and received. I'll start with one of mine.

In short my mother and I are notorious for questionable pranks.

Back in 2008 I was working along side contractors with homeland, out of the Coppell Texas location. All of our land lines were all the same number. (one digit of from the police department number)

I called my mother from the line impersonating a LEO (shame shame, I know, spare me) I told her, "your son was in a car accident and that we need you to come to Baylor medical center to identify him" Little did I know she was in a meeting at work and had a panic attack. Two of her co-workers tried calming her down and got ready to head to the hospital. I waited about 10 minutes and called her back from that same number only to say, April Fools. Long story short, she was pissed. So was her boss.

About a year later, she got me good. She called me while i was in the field to inform me that my dog, Clifford, had a seizure and died. I totally believed this because, Clifford, did in fact suffer from seizures. I raced home only to see her laughing hysterically as I barged through the door. (well played ma, well played)

What are some of your experiences fro April Fools, ATS?

-slapjacks

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

To crush the will of internet writers across the globe, the Moon Watch was announced yesterday — which was not April Fools' Day. As Gizmodo noted at the time, "what justifies its $27,500 price tag is a housing made from a solid piece of 4.5-billion-year-old moon rock, collected from our lunar neighbor back in 1974 by the Soviet’s Luna probe." Gizmodo quickly updated their post, noting the watch's status as a goof. I sympathize. I distrust the entirety of March, knowing that just like Christmas, the celebration of April Fools' Day will creep earlier and earlier into the year.

Source

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Nothing personal, I think your story is great..

But... I am sick of April fools day, can't wait till it's over..

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I gotcha!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Lol I second that. His story is great.
edit on 4 1 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
My family has never really been the prank type.

Can't recall ever orchestrating or being the butt of any prank to be honest.

Always found pranks to be childish at best and as you found out with your mom extremely painful at worst.
edit on 2016-04-01T11:15:41-05:002016Fri, 01 Apr 2016 11:15:41 -0500v000000412016-04-01T11:15:41-05:002016Fri, 01 Apr 2016 11:15:41 -0500Fri, 01 Apr 2016 11:15:41 -0500 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
My mom is a huge Denver Bronco's fan (we all live in Wisconsin), so I called her up back in '99 or '00 and told her in a somber voice to turn the news on - the entire Denver Bronco's team was killed in a plane crash. She was hysterical and I let it fester (she hung up on me to get to the news). She called me back with some of the most un-motherly language ever...

One Tuesday morning watching the TV in disbelief (not April Fool's Day) I called her up and explained that planes were flying into towers in New York. She yelled at me with "I'm not falling for your BS again James" and hung up. We still laugh about that to this day, it was about the only thing funny about that day we can look back on

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well the ATS prank is not bad- the annoying singing bunny and the seized notice from DHS (or was it FBI?) after logging in.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
you and your mother are both just absolutely terrible.

lol

i don't even think i should laugh.
LOL

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Hahaha, right?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I've never been big into April Fool's.. just try to avoid everyone until it's over

ATS got me this year though, refreshing a page only to be attacked by dancing hamsters. That was a nice one, I didn't mind that. xD

And then this morning, when April Fool's is OVER for me!!!!! And is apparently still going on in other parts of the world
I get two Kickstarter emails from wise guys talking about how their projects were cancelled and thanks for the money and then dun dun dun April Fool's yada yada.

Not nice to see first thing in the morning when you're still half asleep and unable to comprehend that just because it's over for you doesn't mean it's over for everyone else. *shakes fist*.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I mixed plaster of Paris with my mom's flour. She made pancakes for breakfast. Hilarity ensued.

top topics

join