It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia A Aggressor? I dont Think So Without Russia Syria Would Had Fallen.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Syria
Without Russia or Putin for that matter Syria by now would had fallen to the Islamists who are favored and funded by the Monarch Sunni Gulf States, and the main founder of wahhabism Saudis. Without Russia's involvement Syria would had being another failed state like Libya and a UN backed Unity government which might fail.

Without Russia's involvement in Syria Turks would had a easier access of wiping out the Kurds in both Syria and Iraq. Without Russia's involvement there is no other regional power to keep check on Turkey's true agenda in the region. You cant fool Russia twice as they did at the UN on Libya with the fake humanitarian intervention.

Russians arent stupid Sen John McCain and the humanitarian interventionists believed that Syria would be another cake walk for their interventions but Russia showed the world how wrong the west was on that matter.

Libya
As for Libya its only matter of time before this UN backed gov fails. What are the humanitarian interventionists going to do about Libya? keep bombing it?

Or would the west allow Russia to clean up Wests mess?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hey Libya

Seems to be working out so well....

(post by AngryCymraeg removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

I remember about two years ago how many threads were created about how the evil dictator Assad had to go, he was slaughtering his people and my god someone has to do something about it.

Then we find out its the so called rebels themselves committing the atrocities, like the infamous false flag of 2013 where they used chemical warfare and attempted to blame Assad and get Murica to bring some democracy.

Now we have all seen the truth behind who is guilty. Namely Turkey and Saudi with their cooperation of well known intelligence agencies.

Fast forward to Russia's intervention and the actual victories happening for the people of Syria and these threads are silent.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

I remember about two years ago how many threads were created about how the evil dictator Assad had to go, he was slaughtering his people and my god someone has to do something about it.

Then we find out its the so called rebels themselves committing the atrocities, like the infamous false flag of 2013 where they used chemical warfare and attempted to blame Assad and get Murica to bring some democracy.

Now we have all seen the truth behind who is guilty. Namely Turkey and Saudi with their cooperation of well known intelligence agencies.

Fast forward to Russia's intervention and the actual victories happening for the people of Syria and these threads are silent.

Ah So Mr Assad was not the one who started this mess with the slaughter of some of his peoples who wanted peaceful change. I will admit Russia's actions were decisive and the timings have been impeccable, it is a huge lesson for some.
If only Russia could sweeten the Crimea/ Ukraine and Georgia actions it may be seen as less of an aggressor..

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
First you need to remember the Kurds are not all one group. The Turks are allied the Iraqi Kurds and to many of Syrian Kurds. They are hostile the they PKK (internationally recognized as terrorists) and their PYD allies in Syria. So please try and remember that when coming with your Turkish plot of the day.

As for the Russians in Syria, they have bought Assad some time. However as ISIS falls, the next target is Assad if he has not either left of given up on controlling most of Syria. The Kurds in Syria have already begun creating a federal autonomous zone of their own in defiance of Assad. They will not be the last ones. Those Kurds along with the rest of the rebels will only have one target when ISIS is gone. No longer dividing their forces. And if Assad demands to stay and peace talks fail those rebels will have all kinds of new toys. Assad has not been saved, the day he answers to the Syrian people will only be stopped if he escapes the country.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

seriously?

(internationally recognized as terrorists)

Ugh things have changed on the ground in Syria, the world are coming around on supporting the Kurds and not the Turks.

So please try and remember that when coming with your Turkish plot of the day.

You mean the same Turkey that is destroying freedom of speech at home? instead why dont you try and remember that the world no longer supports your beloved Turkey?
edit on 1-4-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

I was in that camp until I saw some docos showing what was happening on the ground. The video below stopped me in my tracks and made me question everything I knew about Syria and what lies MSM were feeding us.

We have to be honest and see Russia for what it is; we have seen two sides of Putin in the last few years.

It cannot be forgotten that he stirred up war in East Ukraine and annexed Crimea. He has told porkies about his involvement on the ground and we still don't exactly know who pressed the fire button on that missile which tragically shot down innocent civilians not even from the region on MH17.

Then we have the intercessor Putin who has helped save a nation from tyranny started by it's neighbours and fuelled by arms supplies from the USA. Putin often talks of 'independent politics' and it is what he practices. He acts on what he feels are in the best interests of his motherland, Russia.

Sometimes those motives are murky to us in the west and can even be called aggressive. But we are looking from the outside in. We cannot really call Russia rogue or aggressive while the west has the blood of Iraq, Aghanistan, Libya and most recently Syria on it's hands. Yemen is another atrocity, but we are not directly involved in that one to my knowledge.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

the day he answers to the Syrian people will only be stopped

Which Syrian people? if the Syrian people wanted Assad gone and dead Assad would had already being defeated by now. Its clear when it comes to the issue of Syria you sir have a double standard of not seeing the outside the box.

Its the Syrian rebels who the majority of those rebels arent even Syrian they should be the ones answering to the Syrian people not the other way around.

And if Assad demands to stay and peace talks fail those rebels will have all kinds of new toys

Why shouldn't Assad stay? after all its his country he has a right just like every other country's leader in times of war and conflict.

People like you had hoping for the peace to talks to fail, so far its the rebels who dont want to be part of the barging table.

rebels will have all kinds of new toys

Which Rebels dear sir. So far you and western experts have to show how moderate your rebels have became in Syria. Your beloved moderates had being using child soldiers.

And as for your claim that rebels will have all kinds of new toys, the last time i checked the rebels arent the one who have made any military gains in Syria.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Would you prefer Syria to be Ruled by the same opposition,HNC who are supported by the none demcartic countries of Turkey and Saudi Arabia?

Thankfully rebel supporters like you are in the small minority.

As for the Russians in Syria, they have bought Assad some time. However as ISIS falls, the next target is Assad

The Free Syrian Army are nothing but branded Islamists. There are no moderates.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Those Kurds along with the rest of the rebels will only have one target when ISIS is gone.

The Kurds have not being very supportive of your beloved cute little rebels.

Assad has not been saved, the day he answers to the Syrian people will only be stopped if he escapes the country

Thanks for this laugh.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Libya
Its only matter of time before the Libyan Unity Gov fails as eastern libya does not support the backed UN Gov. And more chaos starts to occur in Libya.

Its NATO and West who should be answering for the failures in Libya not Gaddafi.

Turkey
Just remember that your beloved Turkey is becoming a dictatorship and the majority of Europeans do not support Turkey like you do apparently.

Turkey is a safe heaven for terrorists and human smugglers.

Syria
Please dont talk about Syria. When you dont know whats going in Syria.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I firmly believe its been a secret black operation with the Army, CIA, State Department and Obama, to deliberately destabilize the Arab countries like Libya, Egypt, Syria, and of course Iraq.

Why I don’t really know as of yet.

But it’s clear they didn’t mind given Syria over to the Islamists war lords.

Why would they want to do that?

As an excuse to intervene? Maybe.

But I think they may have had a grand plan that Russia may have delayed or stopped…

The grand plan involved ISIS coming along and then the US would have had to eventually gone in, in a massive force in the ME.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Russian intervention helped the SAA turn the tide against the extremists, and saved many minorities in Syria from a future mass-persecution should the government forces get overrun by the radicals. Russian actions are pretty positive for the minorities in Syria.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RedSparrow47

And what about the indiscriminate bombing of civilians that had no rebels in the area of that bombing...was that action positive to the minorities in the area?

Seems many forget about that.

Killing innocent civilians under the guise of fighting rebels is not positive to any military action.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

And what about the indiscriminate bombing of civilians that had no rebels in the area of that bombing...was that action positive to the minorities in the area?

Killing innocent civilians under the guise of fighting rebels is not positive to any military action.

You're a walking contradiction.

You're the one always talking about how evil the terrorists are, remember ISIS.....the ones who would like to throw fags off of queer buildings in Italy, behead people in studio, blowing up France and Belgium. Remember? Evil Muslim terrorists.

This same terrorists are doing the same and much worse in Syria. Syria fights back and you stomp your feet, no it's not fair...the, the civilians. Wow.

If this was happening here, we'd all get carpet bombed. Save the rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

You're a walking contradiction.

You're the one always talking about how evil the terrorists are, remember ISIS.....the ones who would like to throw fags off of queer buildings in Italy, behead people in studio, blowing up France and Belgium. Remember? Evil Muslim terrorists.

This same terrorists are doing the same and much worse in Syria. Syria fights back and you stomp your feet, no it's not fair...the, the civilians. Wow.

If this was happening here, we'd all get carpet bombed. Save the rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

edit on 15-4-2016 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

And here we go with the simple-minded, black and white, cherry picking notions of teenagers who have no clue of how complex these things are - US bad, Putin good.

Please learn a little more and stop being so damn simple in your views of the world and power. Nothing is as simplistic as most of you seem to want it to be for your mad little anti-west rants.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join