It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Wonder People are Shallow and Hate Themselves.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I prefer that.

Facade aggravates the hell out of me.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax
I think love must include both physical attraction and attraction of each other's souls. By souls I mean their personality and not some magical entity.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

That's too bad.

I've got a huge crush on this one magical entity...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Ha. Sure you can love a magical entity :p But for what reasons? Appearance and personality? There you go.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

Ha. Sure you can love a magical entity :p But for what reasons? Appearance and personality? There you go.

People can be magical and loved prior to knowing which reasons they have of being loved, then appreciate what ever good they display at the time.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

I dont think you ever really know the reasons you love someone. You may have an idea, but it is not compelete.
edit on 1-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Despite the fact that the tabloids are garbage it does reflect society thus as why these things sell.

"Surprise! Pretty people earn more - Fed Reserve study shows beautiful people make about 5% more than their average counterparts."
Source-Money/CNN

Recall the initial Dove AD campaign billboards? The reception from people was that they did not like the older, overweight, etc, women representing the brand but preferred the models instead? It appears that people really want to buy products if the models are beautiful, not the models having attributes that they are trying to change.

At least with the net and with the selfie generation so rampant, many are learning that Hollywood stars are mostly an illusion. They know a lot of it entails numerous photos before they find one they approve of and that many people Photoshop themselves.

It still has it's negative aspects. The selfie craze it's more people are having plastic surgery on things that don't even need to be changed! Even if someone is photo genetic they are not 100 per cent of the time. Young women that's who are the biggest victims of all of this.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ladies...
We men know about makeup; we see the commercials, see it on the store shelves, watch you apply it and know what it does...it's no secret that it exists to us...and we know it's 'YOU' underneath it.

Trust me on this...We love you/like you just as much when you're wearing it...as when you're not...because, as dense as we can be sometimes, we care about you for you...not what Maybelline does for you.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

i wonder what Danny DeVito looks like, behind the grotesque amount of make up, he is wearing..

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I love my dogs whether they wear makeup or not. I'm not too keen on their occasional choices in perfume, though.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think they all look lovely... bar the pixely shot and the obvious "pulled a weird face so we'll use that" shot.
Women are beautiful and really don't need all the make-up.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I dont think you ever really know the reasons you love someone. You may have an idea, but it is not compelete.

Which is why loving everyone is a winning proposition, although certainly some people are best loved from afar.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

As a shallow man, they do look rough without makeup

But it's not like we don't get treated the same with being expected to be built like Spartan Warriors

They still have makeup on just not the heavier variety look again, so with zero makeup I doubt anyone has ever seen them.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Anyone who lets the MSM run their lives deserve to be depressed. that is what they want so you will buy the stuff that is advertised in their mags and TV commercials.

None of them would make any money without advertisers that support their agenda, shows and mags.

Learn to accept who you are and don/t let anyone bring you down.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Maybe you can get to a long-term relationship without dating first, but I don't know how.

Well if you happen to be a hair covered bald guy at 30 with thick glasses and a stutter??

In other words most people are not beauties until someone learns to love them. not their looks, then they are beautiful to that person.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Never read beauty magazines, not even in a doctor waiting room

We are told we are never good enough, never pretty enough, never enough...
Someone once told me, when I was very young, that no matter what I do there will always be someone prettier than me, and also someone uglier than me, so is better to just be content with what I am. Was a good advice and I took it.
I keep my makeup at minimum, or not at all, unless I go to some social event. But is strange to see women go through incredible efforts and expenses just to look a little better than the next woman. Afraid to be seen without a ton of makeup on their faces.
Then you wake up next to her in the morning and get the shock of your life

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
LOL, this is why I don't read those stupid rag mags.

I don't were makeup. I don't have time for it most days.

I still managed to get a man or two, in my lifetime.

And as for not shaving? LMAO.

Married, MI winters.
'nough said!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That reminds me of a site I saw a few days ago showing how "badly" celebrities had aged. I won't link the site because for one, I'm not sure I could find it again, and another, it turned out to be click bait. Anywho, people that make stuff like that ought to realize they'll be old and wrinkled at some point. Youth and beauty is fleeting at best.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Cosmetics have been around for about 5000 years so this is nothing new, people have always had the need to look better.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

To me, kim kardashian looks beautiful in that pic and so do the young women in it. The others look like regular women I know, and what's wrong with that? When I see the women on those magazine covers I cringe because they look like Barbie dolls to me, with fake plastic skin....yuck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join