It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

batman VS superman review and SPOILERS!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!1

So I just saw the new superman movie.

I say the superan movie because I thought the batman component was OK. Not great. Choice of actor, meh. The bat stuff, great. It was a trade off. Best stuff for batman, worse batman. The story line for angry murderous batman is great. Ben you are lucky the writers were awesome. Seriously. LUCKY.

SO the movie was non stop action and all that. This is not the point of this thread.

I know what is to come.

The end scene with Luther in the cell where batman magically pops in to brand him and he punches the wall......Luther makes reference to the "bell being rung and he is coming and he is hungry"

So Gallactus. EDIT TO ADD: (based on Darkseid VS Gallactus: HUNGER)

When Luther was in the ship, which somehow magically works now, he must have summoned Gallactus..... somehow when accessing the database.

Some criticism.

Yeah. SO Doomsday was a zombie made form zog and Luthers DNA for some reason. Dumb, but what ever. He needed a dead cryptonian body to make the ancient experiment that was doomsday. OK. At least they were true to the origin story of doomsday being an ancient genetic experiment.

While in there, Luther must have learned of galactus and found a way to summon him, because reasons.

I liked the time travel element where the future justice league reached out to batman to stop evil superman. That made my inner fanboy happy.

That story line seems to be gone though. That sucks. At least we got a few good scenes from out of it.

The ship....

What I dont get is how the government didnt learn how to open the door to the ship with a freaking hand print ID from Zog.

Superman didnt just take the dumb ship back? Everyone just leaves an alien ship in the middle of a metropolitan city?

What else is dumb, is that Luther could just stroll around in there like he was in his bathroom. Not one camera? Security?

Also, couldnt the stupid ship still make cryptonians?, SO zog went nuts for no reason since somehow it still makes things?

And, supermans clothing is nuclear bomb proof.

Superman cant see through bat ninja smoke, and the Indian ocean full of alien world engines is being used as scrap by poor Indian kids...ok

Also, superman will relive, since the dirt was rising up from his grave....but zog cant relive after a little neck snap? Superman has a hole in his chest where his heart was, but he will come back. Zog, no. Neck injury is too much.

ANYWAYS.

I liked it. Ben Afleck is the worst choice for batman. I skipped over allot of his BS. They had a freaking work out scene. Bite me.

He doesnt ruin it. I can accept him.

EVERYTHING ELSE was pretty true to story we know and love. THANK YOU! for not making this a directors personal stroke fest.

It was made for fans. So, I can accept everything I dont like, since overall I am happy it is the story I wanted to see. The twists worked within the universe and the writing was good.

Its good.

Maybe I will give old Ben a second chance. This better be his last movie series though. Seriously, go away. I am tired of the same stupid faces.

Overall I loved it.

GALLACTUS!

edit on 4 1 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Gallactus is a Marvel character.

Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman et al, are DC comics.

Crossover, or just misidentification?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
GALLACTUS!

Nope

Darkseid

It's revelead in Batmans lucid dream where he's chained up

You can see Darkseids flying minions carrying people away

Here's his minions in the Justice League War animated movie

Also

ZACK SNYDER Reveals When ROBIN Died, Hints At What DARKSEID Is Hunting for In JUSTICE LEAGUE

DARKSEID!!
edit on 1/4/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Darkseid. In the dream sequence you see Darkseid's symbol carved into the ground, basically he's the DC equivalent of Thanos.

I thought it was alright. Ben Affleck did much better as Batman then I thought he would, but I disliked how they basically made Batman a killing machine. Isn't his thing suppose to be to not kill people? Otherwise he would just be a lunatic dressed as a bat lol.
edit on 1-4-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I smell cross over.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Maybe, but that story line is gone.

That time line never happened now.

EDIT TO ADD:

You know what, he MAY be it, I still think they want to do a cross over like darkseid VS gallactus :the hunger

Only have them work together.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

They took the depressed dark knight theme. Even down to the grey hair and the unmasking while chained in the alternate dream sequence. Its not the idealistic batman as much as a pissed and older bruce Wayne.

THAT was the most memorable batman for me.

I forgive Ben. It was ok. He didnt bomb.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Justice League War is part of the New 52, the timeline DOES happen

The 2014 direct-to-video animated feature, Justice League: War, is based on the first New 52 Justice League storyline, "Origin".[citation needed] Aquaman in his New 52 origin examined in the DC Universe Animated film Justice League: Throne of Atlantis.[169]

I'm expecting the upcoming 2 part Justice League movie to be along the same premise as the animated version

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Maybe. I guess you are right.

This is the perfect chance to do an off shoot cross over. A one off. I would push for it.

In any event you are probably right.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I was pretty stoked to see Jason Mamoa as Aquaman. At least people won't think Aquaman is a complete wuss now.

But I hated how they pushed the Doomsday "death of Superman" arc at the end... like people would actually believe they are going to kill Superman before the Justice League movie hits. What a wasted opportunity and the movie would have been good enough without it.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yeah, that was a waste. They should keep Doomsday alive too. Make him secretly have zogs memories and relive....what was the point of dead Zog if not?

I dont know. One of the BEST villains and he lasted all of 5 minutes.

His powers were kind of cool. Not too over the top and still innovative. It seemed a little like the bad hulk movie though with all the energy sapping.

Jason Mamoa------GREAT CHOICE!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

It was a bold move, granted. They probably have wanted to avoid having an avengers moment while giving Batman a poetically tragic excuse to ignore kal el as a threat to humanity. Obviously he's coming back at some point and Lois could still die, which means they could revisit this, maybe in justice league. Doesn't darkseid try to reprogram him at some point?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Gallactus????

Think someone needs to do his homework before he writes another review

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think someone needs to read the thread before replying.

I said I think its a crossover.

Ever see the gallactus VS darkseid HUNGER crossover?

What is the HUNGER comment at the end all about then?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I totally disagree.

I think this is the usual on ATS of "I have made a mistake lets back track" you thought Gallactus was DC its not biggy mate.

Just annoying when you then back track by adding that you think there is going to be a cross over.

There won't be a cross over anyway mainly because that would mean Warner Brothers, Marvel and Fox all collaborating and trying to make some kind of arrangement over who would have the rights to what in order to make some kind of Marvel DC cross over movie. Just from the point of view form the studios who own the rights to various franchises this would be very difficult.

To get into your review I think it has the same problem that many reviews i have read on-line have, trying to sound like a fan boy rather than actually giving the movie a fair critical analysis. This is not any kind of criticism to yourself OP but just how some amature critics on the likes of YouTube behave, pandering to and parroting fan boys. For example Aflec is a amazing Batman, actually the whole cast other than Jesse Eisenberg do a amazing job but every since he has been cast the DC fan boys have been outraged.

The problem as i see it not with the cast (other than jesse eisnberg) but rather how obvious it is that the studio was playing catch up with Marvel trying desperately at every turn to set up the next movie in what is going to be the new DC cinematic universe. This is why this movie was dull in parts and just not that interesting because of this was not a movie made to be a good movie it was a movie made to set up a whole load of sequels.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

EDIT TO ADD: I thought I wrote that better. Sorry, I didnt sleep last night and I am assuming people are in my head thinking my thoughts. I could have explained that better.

I said I think its a crossover.

Ever see the gallactus VS darkseid HUNGER crossover?

What is the HUNGER comment at the end all about then?

He's referring to the misspelling of Galactus not Gallactus as you have it.

I know...he's being overly picky lol. I got what you were laying down.

I've heard a lot of bad reviews for the movie. I'm not a huge comic guy but I love the cross with Galactus. He is one of my favorite unknowns for sure.

Also, what is it that everyone always hates who plays Batman? We've only had a new one every 4 years it seems. I do think Bale did a pretty good job though.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I totally disagree.

I think this is the usual on ATS of "I have made a mistake lets back track" you thought Gallactus was DC its not biggy mate.

Just annoying when you then back track by adding that you think there is going to be a cross over.

There won't be a cross over anyway mainly because that would mean Warner Brothers, Marvel and Fox all collaborating and trying to make some kind of arrangement over who would have the rights to what in order to make some kind of Marvel DC cross over movie. Just from the point of view form the studios who own the rights to various franchises this would be very difficult.

To get into your review I think it has the same problem that many reviews i have read on-line have, trying to sound like a fan boy rather than actually giving the movie a fair critical analysis. This is not any kind of criticism to yourself OP but just how some amature critics on the likes of YouTube behave, pandering to and parroting fan boys. For example Aflec is a amazing Batman, actually the whole cast other than Jesse Eisenberg do a amazing job but every since he has been cast the DC fan boys have been outraged.

The problem as i see it not with the cast (other than jesse eisnberg) but rather how obvious it is that the studio was playing catch up with Marvel trying desperately at every turn to set up the next movie in what is going to be the new DC cinematic universe. This is why this movie was dull in parts and just not that interesting because of this was not a movie made to be a good movie it was a movie made to set up a whole load of sequels.

Good to hear! Like I said in my previous post I am not a huge comic guy so a lot of these story lines are all new to me. Which makes it exciting for a mid 30's guy lol. I have my kids to thank for this! Most of the time if a movie is entertaining I will give it a thumbs up regardless of story line. So I'm thinking that I will love this movie not having a good comic background.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
EDIT: Duplicate post

Just not a big fan of Jesse so once I saw he was in it I was already thrown back but I'll go in with a blank slate.
edit on 1-4-2016 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

(post by tadaman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What I would like to know is: There were 2 coffins, clarks and supermans. Which one had the actual body?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join