It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we just opt out of our government and stop paying taxes?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
I have already done this . Going on 15 years since I have filed a return. The only thing they get is what they take out directly.

They don't make it easy though

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: hellobruce

i thin k you missed the bit where they had already made that decision before the case started.
the screen before the letter.

So it didn't work?
Can you provide a single example of a case in the UK where this has actually worked?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Because they'll ruin your good name, seize your assets and civic rights, and possibly murder you and your family. It's that simple. No one wants to go up against Big Daddy Government.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

People are too divided. Even if people did unite, the house always wins.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
well I am not from US, but EU. heh well not that it matters, the issues with tax are the same in all modern countries.

I really like your idea and have even been doing it for a few years, I have my own small company and have troubles with paying taxes due to being so damn high. So I am waiting for all others small company owners to join me... : ))

Oh...this is not the point I was trying to make...got a bit sidetracked : )

Look, check out this link:
www.commondreams.org...

$1,400,000,000,000: Oxfam Exposes the Great Offshore Tax Scam of US Companies

I am sure you will not find it in your public media so I posted this link here. But I did not check the source because I imagine this to be true even without checking : )

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

tax is a voluntary contribution in America England Australia and most probably Canada and New Zealand I don't have the time now to grab the details you can write a letter to your tax office and state your reasons for not wanting to pay them tax IE not agreeing with the money being spent on the military or the corrupt pharmaceutical companies or the fluoridation of the water supply or maybe the best one is a lack of transparency in government.

what you have to do though is not allow the governments to screw you over afterwards by restricting services so the dirty tricks they will play would be to not pay the rubbish collectors anything meaning they will go on strike first the governments are comprised of people that can be manipulated and therefore the simplest way forward would be to introduce MRI scanning for anyone in a position of power the subject you talk about would need various militaries to back you and when the position of the upper tiers of the militaries and lot of upper government positions are filled with freemasons I have been told you would need to read Stan Deyo's cosmic conspiracy book although I have not read all of the book myself I have fought a freemason and fully understand the power these people do wield throughout the entire system and world.

another one is refusal to pay back your loans to the banks there is an article on chris spiveys website but not sure where it is now and don't have enough time

the banks are not allowed to lend you any money unless they have a certain amount in there vaults there are 3 letters on the spivey site which you send in a time related manner to the banks and they will cancel your credit card and loan debts but not your mortgage I believe the letter for that is on this website
17 Mb file

Basically you have been given natural birth rights the catholics call it Jus Cogens and it has been signed into law by a great deal of countries, this means that all men are equal and only God is above them and only he can judge them basically when you get arrested do not give your name to the policeman but offer to go to the police station with him when you get to the police station do not give your name to the desk sergeant or lawyer no-one when you are put in front of the judge the first question he will ask you is what is your name you reply If I give you my name does that give you authority over me to sentence me he will not answer you and will repeat the name question twice more in which you repeat first line after the third time the judge will getup and leave the court room.

but remember you still have to answer to God its just that the system has to get you to give it authority over you and a great majority of us know the entire system is completely corrupt and just being run by criminal families, research the 100 families of the Habsburg empire to find out a bit more about this.

basically when you take the system on you had better be able to drink cups of concrete as the system controls so many weak minded individuals like police, council, military and other employees who allow there lives to be controlled by others and are unable to think for themselves.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73
Income tax is NOT voluntary if, by voluntary, you mean you can choose whether or not you are going to pay it. It is only voluntary in that the government allows you to voluntarily report and pay it on what you have earned.

The following site rebuts just about every argument that has been used by tax protesters in the US and other jurisdictions have had similar court decisions

Tax Protester FAQ

The site, Tax Protester Dossiers, has information on the success, or rather lack of success, of the various tax protester gurus and others who have run afoul of the law by not paying the income tax they owed.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: erwalker

tax is a voluntary contribution end of story your governments have no authority over you to enforce you to do anything

as well as 177 odd countries signing up to Jus Cogens which has signed into law that no other man can judge you only God.

and that my friend is the truth but to learn this it's a bit of a journey and most people are scared of the ruling classes tactics in how they retain their power.

basically England America Australia use the magna carta as a base of there laws, The Australian Tax office produced a pamphlet on Tax laws and stated that Tax is a voluntary contribution cant find it now, but it is on the net.

I'm sorry to shout this next bit but it seems people are unable to understand some simple words that are strung together to form a sentence

TAX IS A VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTION

You can believe the propaganda if you want but I know for a fact that tax Is voluntary.

edit on 2-5-2016 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jinni73

tax is a voluntary contribution

No it is not! Care to show a ruling for that claim?

as well as 177 odd countries signing up to Jus Cogens which has signed into law that no other man can judge you only God.

Care to show us where that was signed?

and that my friend is the truth

Actually, it is just a silly story!

The Australian Tax office produced a pamphlet on Tax laws and stated that Tax is a voluntary contribution
]

No, that claim is just another silly story.

TAX IS A VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTION

Kiddies shout when they have no facts to back up their claims
edit on 2-5-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

People are too divided. Even if people did unite, the house always wins.

This was Obamas grand plan along with Valery J. Get the people to default on their mortgages, stop paying their credit card bills; ruin .gov. It happened to some extent but did not work because some moralists continued to pay on their mortgages and credit debts.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

LOL you are more than welcome to believe what you want

here is one link with someone who has gone into it.
henrymakow.com...

tax was bought in to pay for war the Australian government stated it was voluntary as did England when they introduced income tax.

when I have some more time I will find the leaflet that the Australian tax office printed and distributed and then withdrew when they realised they had printed it was voluntary.

if your governments were transparent then tax would be a fair thing but when they are so corrupt everyone should just write the letter to the tax offices and withdraw the voluntary contribution.

I suggest you learn about Jus Cogens then you would be in a better position to be able to debate the matter and not talk rubbish as Jus Cogens overrides everything.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
From a moral perspective, which services should we not use, if we choose to not pay Federal and State taxes?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

tax was bought in to pay for war
]

That was FEDERAL income tax, before that it was state income tax....

the Australian government stated it was voluntary

How about you show us exactly where that is stated in Hansard?

when I have some more time I will find the leaflet that the Australian tax office printed and distributed and then withdrew when they realised they had printed it was voluntary.

Translation:- damn, they caught me out making crap up!

as Jus Cogens overrides everything.

How about you show some proof of that claim....

edit on 2-5-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

from your link

"John points out in very clear terms in his "Disclaimer" at the very opening of his book that this is a political battle. Do NOT stop filing the usual tax returns and paying the usual taxes that the IRS and the courts require. "

Their point of view is that paying taxes is voluntary yet seem strangely reluctant to test their own hypothesis.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Jus Cogens means all men are equal only god is above or unalienable birth rights this is enforceable in a court of law and why do you not research these things rather than making stupid comments in order to throw people off the truth.

This information is for people to do the research themselves I have found that most people do not have the balls to stand up to the governments and ruling classes so you get what you sow

I clearly pointed out all you have to do is write a letter to the Tax office outlining why you disagree with paying tax or is this too hard for you to get your head around.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Jus cogens (from Latin: compelling law; English: peremptory norm) refers to certain fundamental, overriding principles of international law, from which no derogation is ever permitted.

Care to show where in international law taxation is voluntary? Or even a single successful example of someone opting out of taxation using the methods you describe?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Yep I read that and have found If people write a letter to the tax office this will work. try it Its just a polite letter nothing more if people want some excuses to use then I can help them there but they need to ask me as most people do not understand what is going on with all the corruption.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Jus Cogens means all men are equal only god is above or unalienable birth rights this is enforceable in a court of law

Still wrong, it does not mean that at all!

and why do you not research these things rather than making stupid comments in order to throw people off the truth.

I have researched it, and it is all crap - the fact that you are unable to back any of your silly claims up just shows that they are crap!

I clearly pointed out all you have to do is write a letter to the Tax office outlining why you disagree with paying tax or is this too hard for you to get your head around.

You have been wrong in everything, why should we believe you about that silly claim?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

off hand one name comes up and that is Kerry Packer he went In front of the Australian tax office in a very public debate and said to them "you are mad If you think I am going to give you any money in how you spend it" or words to that effect

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Same question can you actually provide a single example of it working? Given how much people pay accountants and lawyers to get out of paying tax surely something this simple would be very easy to verify?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join