It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we just opt out of our government and stop paying taxes?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree with you, however most Americans don't care. If only a few don't pay taxes, off to jail they go.

However if you could persuade just one third of this country to not pay their taxes and resist this tyrannical government, you will win. What is the government going to do? Nothing.

But because of all the NSA spying a leader that wants to rise up against a corrupt system, It will never happen. The government will kill such a person today.

I don't know what it would take to make millions of Americans angry enough to begin to resist a corrupt system.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Pwned

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The day humanity dumps all it's money onto the streets like in the ending to Zeitgesist Moving Forward is the day the revolution is already won.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cyruay
The day humanity dumps all it's money onto the streets like in the ending to Zeitgesist Moving Forward is the day the revolution is already won.

You might as well be asking everyone to slice open their wrists and bleed out (uncertain of what the 'afterlife' has in store for their souls).
edit on 2-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: onequestion
I mean seriously. They clearly are being run totally corrupt by foreign banking cartels from Asia and Mexico and Europe. Why don't we stop giving these pricks our money to do all this with and opt out until we get a new set of governors in office who want to work for us.

Let's call it firing the government for political correctness and to soften the blow to the general public.

I mean what could they really do if we stopped willfully giving them our money en mass? Anything? Who's going to defend them for free?

Then you'd also need to stop driving on roads that you are no longer paying for, stop relying on hospitals, police, state government, local county government and also start defending your own country.

That is a logical fallacy, and then some.
Since everyone drives cars and thus buys gasoline, which gas taxes pay for roads, and local sales taxes pay for police, fire, etc.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Our rights have become nothing more than privileges granted by the state.

But you probably don't see that. Some birds must like living in a cage.

I prefer living in reality, one where I understand through everyday existence that I'm actually NOT under slavery, that I'm NOT being oppressed, that my rights ARE in fact stronger now than they have ever been throughout Human history.

But you obviously don't see that. Some paranoid delusional people love nothing more than to think the "evil commie government" is out to kill them.

LOL!
The government elites would read your comment and say "We got this one completely under our thumb"
True Sheople speak.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
We can't?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
True Sheople say this; "Dum Dum wants Gum Gum" (and have no idea the mantra origination; "Mysteries at the Museum" Easter Island Moi head).
edit on 2-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You're missing the point. If you are still using their currency. You are still paying taxes. They inflate and that is the biggest tax there is. You would have to switch to a different currency to stop funding them. I an many others advocate for this. Gold, silver, Bitcoin, other crypto currencies would achieve this and were created for this.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Our rights have become nothing more than privileges granted by the state.

But you probably don't see that. Some birds must like living in a cage.

I prefer living in reality, one where I understand through everyday existence that I'm actually NOT under slavery, that I'm NOT being oppressed, that my rights ARE in fact stronger now than they have ever been throughout Human history.

But you obviously don't see that. Some paranoid delusional people love nothing more than to think the "evil commie government" is out to kill them.

LOL!
The government elites would read your comment and say "We got this one completely under our thumb"
True Sheople speak.

I really don't give a damn what your paranoid and cynical little brain imagines, I know what my life is like and I know what our societies are built on.
Maybe I just know a little more about history than you?
Maybe I know that before the "big bad gubmint" took leadership in all these areas (which is an elected government, btw) poverty was insane, disease was out of control, crime was pandemic...

You all seem to want to live in a time of gun-slingers and slavery (real slavery) while the rest of us, who you all seem to think are the deluded ones, bizarrely, actually prefer a nation where the government has mandated that slavery is criminal, that women have rights, a nation where the most vulnerable are not left to rot, where the sick can be treated, a nation where the elderly are cared for, where the most unfortunate are given assistance, a nation where we support each other where we can.

No one claims it's perfect, far from it, but you don't burn down the barn because a cow sh*t in it.

You can carry on imagining the "elites" are all inherently evil, that they run the show, that their sole purpose in life is somehow to murder everyone. I'll carry on living my life, paying my taxes, enjoying the comfort and security afforded to me by that collective will. You can call me a sheep all you like, I know I'm right and it seems so do plenty of others checking out this thread.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

Pwned

Not in the slightest.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Azureblue
Interesting comment. Would you like to educate me more?
thank you

www.snopes.com...

www.quatloos.com...

www.thefogbow.com...

Of the two websites that opened, I saw a lot of rubbishing of her work but I did not see any evidence of her not being a judge.

I read her response to the claim that she is not who she claims to be, on her website, and in the cut and paste of the allegations against her she posted in her article, I concluded there is insufficient evidence to stop reading her.

One thing I've learned from ATS is that people who put their heads up get shot at and just because a series of posters claim "fake" is not of itself, sufficient evidence of it being "fake."

The other thing I've learned is that some people and websites are controlled opposition. Despite claims that those who have made money out of activism and or a still alive and or still in the forefront, are often accused of being controlled opposition, such criteria and claims, are also not evidence of the claim being arccurate..

While I am always mindful of this definition and claim, I am also aware is that's how the PTB try to silence, marginalise, and otherwise destroy those who are successful at opposing them.

Deciding who is genuine and who is not is not an easy thing to do and sometimes we just have to go with what resonates with us and our instincts and that is something we all have to do.

cheers

edit on 3-4-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Actually there is an easy, proven and 100% legal way to avoid income taxes: Don't have income. You still have to file every year and you may qualify for some sort of "refund check", but do not accept it or any other money offered.

Of course this means you won't own or rent property. And meals as well as shelter gets a little tricky. Not to mention clothing and hygiene. But it is a small sacrifice to show them who is master of their own destiny.

If enough people did not work and were not consumers of goods like groceries, housing and utilities then the whole system would indeed come crashing down. Which is exactly the GOP argument about people on welfare, but that gets into politics.

So how does a person live income (tax) free and yet have some modern standards of living? Well you either make what you need or make what you can and barter for the rest. Can you do it? Depends on the resolve of the individual, really. Personally I lasted a whole ten months on $5000, but remained a part of society with an apartment but no electricity and absolute minimal food. Not a situation that I would want to return to, but I could do it if I had to do so again.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I am OK with saving a couple bucks at the end. I am sure there's plenty of better ideas coming outa here than what they seem to be doing. Doesn't seem to work, hasn't worked ina while....

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I am liking this each moment a little more n more....

The current events I think happening right now are goodnuff to piss off lots...I mean is a freaking reality bull# show....there I said it

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue
It is not that hard to determine who is and isn't a real judge in Alaska.
All judges in Alaska, whether state supreme court, court of appeals, superior courts, or district courts, are appointed by the governor from a list of suitable candidates provided by a nominating commission, the Alaska Judicial Council. There is no record of her having ever been appointed to a judicial position or even of having been on a list of candidates. She certainly does not appear on any list of currently serving judges in Alaska, such as that found on the official Alaska Court System website found at Alaska Judges. Nor does she appear on a list of former judges
She can call herself a judge all she wants and issue as many orders as she desires. Nobody is obligated to listen to a thing she has to say and anyone attempting to enforce her orders could be subject to sanctions from the real court system.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
but I did not see any evidence of her not being a judge.

Because you refused to look!

courts.alaska.gov...

Where is she on that list?

Deciding who is genuine and who is not is not an easy thing to do

Wrong again, in this case it is very easy! Just have a look at courts.alaska.gov...

"There's none so blind as those who will not see"

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
only people who need government are those who cant thrive on their own...beta liberals

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

you average 12.3 ATS per day for over 2 years..you got nothing bro

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join