It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

orthodontist for my 6 yr old?? Anyone know...??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Today was dentist day/check-up and my 6 yr old seems to have a problem...he got a few adult teeth in already but the way they all came in there is NO room for one adult tooth in front...It hasn't started coming in yet, but x-ray shows he has an adult tooth under the adult tooth and it has no where to go....SO the dentist says we have 3 options ...DO nothing, start pulling teeth and hope that it doesn't wind up a mess when ALL his adult teeth come in..OR (last choice..HIS CHOICE, he thinks is best) would be to do orthodontist work-up and "make" a space using braces?? HE's 6 YEARS old!!! I'm waiting for my exhusband to call tonight and discuss it with him, to see if we should get a second opinion...see what ex thinks (since he is the dad!!) I kinda expected ds to need braces But when he was 12 not 6!! Its not even the $$ (though it will cost a bunch insuarnce only covers 50%) Its just a lot of pain for a 6 yr old to go through!! ANYBODY ever hear of a 6 yr old have this done?? ANY experiences with something like this????? Jan 25th I got the appointment for the xrays and casts...I guess I'll be busy between now and then trying to find stuff out!!

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have a 6 year old who had to have a root canal a few months ago to make space for other teeth to grow in, they are going to grow crooked. They gave him an oral anesthesia and then local anesthesia shots at the location of the tooth being pulled.

and my 8 year old has wacky teeth too, but our dentist suggested waiting until all his baby teeth fall out and his adult teeth grows in before we see an orthodontist to straighten them out or get braces.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Im getting braces in the morning. If I were you Id take the chance now for risk of screwing it up in 10-15 years

join