It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kasich Should Run In the Democratic Primary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have noted with amusement how many Democrats think Kasich is a 'reasonable' Republican and think he should be on the Republican ticket. I think he would be better off running as a Democrat, especially since he is a RINO Republican with mostly Liberal positions. I think the Democrats could finally have their perfect candidate and he could quit pretending he is a Conservative.

Kasich is the Governor of Ohio and after living with him for the last few years I would REALLY love to give him to Democrats so they can 'enjoy' him as much as I have. He wants amnesty in the first 100 days of his 'Presidency', supports Common Core, wants to 'fix' Obamacare and does not see the 2nd Amendment as a priority.

No wonder Democrats love this man and Republicans want nothing to do with him. He is exactly what Democrats want and need...he is Hilary without the crime syndicate. PLEASE take him.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

His war on abortion makes him invalid.

That said, he's the only I like out of the clown car that are the GOP candidates.

Common core, he supports it? Another strike against him!
edit on 31-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Kasich is a complete moron.

He simultaneously pro bringing jobs back to America while being pro free trade.

It's completely asinine.

Trump is right when the dollar is strong our labor can't compete when they devalue the currency we get cheaper labor and they get infrastructure.

It's really easy and Kasich doesn't have a clue about economics be only he knows is politics.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

His war on abortion makes him invalid.

That said, he's the only I like out of the clown car that are the GOP candidates.

Common core, he supports it? Another strike against him!

Exactly he appeals to NO ONE.

ETA: Trying to make abortion illegal at this point is moronic.
edit on 2016/3/31 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Are you sure?

He was the Managing Director at Lehman Bros. from 2001 until they went belly up in 2008 kicking off the financial collapse.

I would think he might be a candidate for indictment before anything.
John Kasich's Wall Street ties could haunt 2016 bid

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
All valid points but Kasich has that all-American WASP face. I just don't think the kids will fall for it when he promises a commie paradise full of free stuff and diversity. a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I was initially one of the people who didn't think Kasich looked too bad but I've done some looking into Kasich and it became apparent that he just looks moderate next to Cruz and Trump.

Could you explain to me exactly why you're so concerned about Common Core?

Not only do most people completely misunderstand what Common Core even is (it's a set of standards, not a curriculum), they have no idea who created and maintains CC (National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers).

You should also realize that NCLB is kaput now and now there's no waivers to be held over states' heads so states can't even be coerced into adopting the standards that they were happily adopting before it because politicized.

Here's Common Core.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Kasich isn't left wing and he's nowhere near being a liberal or a progressive. He only looks "liberal" to you because the right wing has shifted so far to the right. In today's Republican Party, Reagan and the 1st Pres Bush wouldn't be "right wing" enough either.

So nope, you can keep him. That's like saying O'Malley should've run as a Republican.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Kasich isn't left wing and he's nowhere near being a liberal or a progressive. He only looks "liberal" to you because the right wing has shifted so far to the right. In today's Republican Party, Reagan and the 1st Pres Bush wouldn't be "right wing" enough either.

So nope, you can keep him. That's like saying O'Malley should've run as a Republican.

Well as far as I am concerned you can have all of the candidates on both sides of the aisle. None of them are viable for someone like me that wants less government and more freedom.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

So why are you trying to pawn him off onto the Left? We don't want him either.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

So why are you trying to pawn him off onto the Left? We don't want him either.

I had seen so many Dems talk about how much they liked him.

Are you saying you are on the left? I thought you were more of a centrist.

new topics

top topics

join