It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC to Hold Emergency Vote to Get Bernie Sanders on Democratic Primary Ballot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
www.nbcwashington.com...

The D.C. Council will hold an emergency vote to put Bernie Sanders' name on the Democratic primary ballot after the D.C. Democratic Party submitted registration paperwork a day late and a voter filed a challenge.

The D.C. Board of Elections determined the board cannot certify Sanders for inclusion on the June 14 primary ballot because the local Democratic party submitted his name, as well as Hillary Clinton's, one day after the legally binding deadline, sources closes to the board said.

A Democratic voter in D.C. filed a challenge against the Sanders campaign's registration. No complaint was filed against Clinton's registration. The period in which a challenge can be filed has passed.

Bonds said in a memo to Council Chairman Phil Mendelson proposing the vote that parties should be given 24 hours between when candidates register with parties and when parties must submit the registration information to the Board of Elections. Sanders' camp had until 7 p.m. March 16 to register with the D.C. Democrats, but the Board of Elections closed that day at 4:45 p.m.

I'm so confused by this story but my BS detector is going off. So, the Dems send both Clinton and Sanders paperwork late but only one democratic voted filed a challenge against Bernie? Like for real? How the hell did this voter even know what was going on if both campaigns didn't? And speaking of that, shouldn't they have been on top of this paperwork? It's seems kind of important but maybe no one ever thought one lone voter would file a challenge?

Either way, dirty politics is afoot and I smell a rat named Clinton!

In other possible news,

Have Hillary Clinton Staffers Infiltrated Bernie Sanders' Campaign to Commit Internal Sabotage?

edit on 31-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

OMG!

How many delegates does DC even have? It would be a complete catastrophe if Bernie weren't on the ballot and missed out on those 2 delegates.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Have Hillary Clinton Staffers Infiltrated Bernie Sanders' Campaign to Commit Internal Sabotage?

I bet they have indeed.

This one is fishy.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

In this race every delegate counts. He swept last round and Clinton is nervous. 15 are up for grabs along with 23 super D's.
edit on 31-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Remember that DNC server scandle that landed on Sanders? The staffer who peeked into Clinton's info has a long history with Clinton.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xuenchen

Remember that DNC server scandle that landed on Sanders? The staffer who peeked into Clinton's info has a long history with Clinton.

Hilary would NEVER be involved in illicit activity!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Surprisingly, they have 46! Not a negligible number.

On the OP, I'm surprised someone didn't protest Hillary on the ballot just to balance this out a bit.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Damn there's 46? What the hell was I reading when I came up with 15?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
www.thegreenpapers.com...

I think I'm reading this right. Admittedly the 46 is a combo of pledged and unplugged, but the way the DNC does their primaries confounds me. The GOP has traditionally been a bit more straightforward, at least until this cycle when they started doing things ridiculously, too.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Surprisingly, they have 46! Not a negligible number.

On the OP, I'm surprised someone didn't protest Hillary on the ballot just to balance this out a bit.

Good lord!

I stand corrected I never thought a little place like DC could have that many delegates. It was probably the best place to find corrupt people to be 'super delegates'. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than DC.

top topics

join