It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California car chase ended by F-18E

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well, this is a new one. Late Wednesday a CHP officer approached a Jeep Cherokee that was parked on the side of the road in King's County. The Jeep took off with officers in pursuit.

The CHP backed off when they began going the wrong way on California 198 in Lemoore, and resumed the chase in Fresno County. Before they could react the Jeep went through the front gate of NAS Lemoore, who sent base patrols to chase them. During the chase the Jeep slammed into the horizontal stabilizer of a parked Super Hornet, killing one person at the scene, the other died at a local hospital.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Obviously no one on deck had seen Iron Eagle cause if they haaaad seen that they would know weapon systems can be fired from the run way lol.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The phrasing in some of this report is utterly stupid.

A spokesperson was quoted as saying something to the effect that they had two tragic losses of life on the base, despite all the measures they have in place to prevent such things, and that evidently something will have to be done to make extra sure, that nothing like this happens again.

What utter rubbish! A criminally minded, and one must assume, partially blind driver, smashed into a ruddy great big warplane! They are not hard to spot on the Tarmac from the ground! The incompetent goon in the drivers seat was an idiot, and it is physically impossible to make the world safer for those. These are people who could drown in a puddle despite being festooned with water wings, a life jacket and a small emergency aqualung.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's California. I expect no less from them.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Stories like this reinforce my faith that somehow, there might be some sort of positive order to the world...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Lol id like to present Zaphoid with a challenge.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
score one for the rhino!

the only thing better is if the idiot drove down the apron and got blasted by a f18s jet wash and tumbled over ending the chase.
edit on 31-3-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
When I read the title I thought of an EW sort of thing...

edit on 31-3-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

What?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I thought it was an early April Fool's Day joke until I saw tee headline on four or five sites.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is all I can think of:

Excuse me while I rock out....

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wish they had been stopped before they damaged a fine aircraft. Maybe gate crashers should be meet with serious fire power. I imagine it's something not expected in the States, but then times are a changing.

Interesting post for sure.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's California. I expect no less from them.

hey, hey, hey, zap.....geez, pretty big paintbrush you using to include ALL OF Californians.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

If they have time, they have popup concrete poles that they can extend, but they need enough warning to deploy them.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

California is directly responsible for costing truck drivers thousands of dollars in maintenance and lost wages. I have low expectations for anything from that state.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Brotherman

What?

I'm sorry its unrelated to this thread, but if you ever aquire an airhog star wars xwing RC airplane please figure out how to fly the damned thing because I cant get the one I got to do much. Surprisingly the millenium falcon flies like a dream I can chase squirrels with that thing damn near.
edit on 31-3-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Jeeze, tough way to go out....though I was thinking hellfire or some such stopping a maniacal driver in mid flight from a herd of patrol cars...just happened to be passing by hot there CHP you want some ordinance put down?
Right ho flight egle shoot the red jeep....

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch
Remember in the latest Die Hard movie when John Mcclain takes out an F35 with a patrol car and the hacker dude says, "you just took out a jet with a patrol car!" And Mcclain was like, "I ran outta bullets." That's the stuff I was expecting to read.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Actually, the reporter has a point. Now some newly paroled convert
to Extremist views sees this on TV and sees all he has to do is crash through a damn gate and with luck and an AR or two might be able to take out more than one F-18.

Pretty loose security these days....

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Everything about this story is utterly perfect

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join