It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 500,000 Americans Stand to Lose SNAP Benefits

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Shhh...people aren't supposed to know the truth behind food stamps. It isn't for the poor; its for bolstering businesses to square up the bottom line.

If anyone needs proof of that, then ask yourself why the SNAP/EBT cards are taken at nearly every corner convenient store and not just at supermarkets. Your local Speedway and BP are not exactly the best bang for the buck when grocery shopping.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: In4ormant
Not sure this should have ever gone away. Regardless of the economy there was always community service options. Community service should have still been a requirement.

In Japan, community service is a must and yes, the city provides the bus pass to the community service areas. They also come and check what is in your fridge too. Very strict here. Until recently, welfare was a word rarely used because it was looked down upon in this society.

It is frowned on here in America as well; as is clear from many of the posts here in this very thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
A definite Get your Ass in Gear that is phase 1, and inevitable.
Those that really need this benefit will still get them, but it will be called something else.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Let's check this out in 6 months. How many of the 500,000 will have starved to death? My bet, zero.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
They make is sound like SNAP is bankrupting America. How about they stop allowing Obama going on his multi-million dollar vacations.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
We have been "punishing" people with budget cuts and wars and now, poisoned waters. There are still poor people. And every presidential election they are used to try and win an election. After the leak of the Panama Papers, this blaming the poor is a lie.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Let's be honest and just admit that these dirt bags don't deserve anything but the lowest form of existence.

Unless of course they pick themselves up by their bootstraps and get and engineering degree. Then they can live a decent lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

And the children?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Who cares about children I got a new Bentley last week.

Add me on snapchat.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Who uses SNAP?
SNAP eligibility rules require that participants be at or below 130% of the Federal Poverty Level. Recent studies show that 44% of all SNAP participants are children (age 18 or younger), with almost two-thirds of SNAP children living in single-parent households. In total, 76% of SNAP benefits go towards households with children, 11.9% go to households with disabled persons, and 10% go to households with senior citizens.

According to demographic data, 39.8% of SNAP participants are white, 25.5% are African-American, 10.9% are Hispanic, 2.4% are Asian, and 1% are Native American.

Gee, I can't wait to earn 130% below poverty line so I can get me some of that free food.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Speaking to the choir.

These people actually believe that people WANT to be on food stamps.

Not one of them has probably ever been to one of the food stamp signup locations or had to experience the agony of everyone watching you use them in order to buy food.

Or lived in projects for that matter.

Do you know what's it's like living in a neighborhood were you can't go out at night safely?

Probably not.
edit on 4/5/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

"Do you know what's it's like living in a neighborhood were you can't go out at night safely?"

Do you mean me personally. When I was 14 in the 1960's, my dad deserted my mom and my four siblings. We were dumped in East St Louis. After that it was housing projects. And I know that it is a lot worse now because there were not as many guns then. I have one of those things hated in this country, A Big Heart for the Poor.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Yeah these people are so unbelievably selfish and arrogant it sickens me.

I have a hard time finding a reason to be on this planet.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I find both comfort and anxiety in my grandchildren for the future. You know, like what if they can't keep up, what if they get sick, what if they are attacked at school, what if they can't afford higher education? What if they are deemed part of the "losers"? What if our country loses all humanity what will that mean? Sorry, I have no comfort for you.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Humanity is totally devolving.

We are technological progressing while culturally getting set back to the stone ages.

It literally is idiocracy.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Umm you ask for statistics, but then claim it is not as wide spread as it seems?

If you don't have statistiics, how can you claim that?

On the other hand their have been a number of media reports claiming that this is happening. Just type in SNAP fraud and you will get 5 million plus hits.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
These people actually believe that people WANT to be on food stamps.

Not one of them has probably ever been to one of the food stamp signup locations or had to experience the agony of everyone watching you use them in order to buy food.

Or lived in projects for that matter.

Do you know what's it's like living in a neighborhood were you can't go out at night safely?

Probably not.

Very few people can actually take the food stamp challenge and live on a meal budget of $3/day. I have. I also know what it's like to live in a neighborhood where you can't go out, I live that life now.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
MOMof3, most Americans receiving unemployment or State assistance, is not getting rich off the system, and I don't think anyone here, is willing to swap places with them.

Thanks for retaining your compassion and humanity in a world that has lost so much of it.

How Much Can You Collect?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join