It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat to undergo gender reassignment surgery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

We had to have this surgery on a cat who developed crystals and did not respond to other treatments.
We early loved that cat. He had more personality than a lot of people. His surgery was a success, it cost
us a lot. He was worth it. He lived until he got cancer at 17, we still miss him, it's been 6 years since he died.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: justdust

Nice to hear your story which confirms what I said earlier.

I lost my last cat to renal failure last tear. He was 15 years. Acted more like a dog than a cat.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
a reply to: Metallicus

Similar as in appendicitis was called side-sickness in the middle ages

I was unaware of that name for appendicitis.

So I have never heard the term 'intersex' before. It sounds the same as hermaphrodite.

Why a new term?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

So I have never heard the term 'intersex' before. It sounds the same as hermaphrodite.

Why a new term?

The mythological term “hermaphrodite” implies that a person is both fully male and fully female.

This is a physiologic impossibility. The words “hermaphrodite” and “pseudo-hermaphrodite” are stigmatizing and misleading words. Unfortunately, some medical personnel still use them to refer to people with certain intersex conditions, because they still subscribe to an outdated nomenclature that uses gonadal anatomy as the basis of sex classification.

In a paper titled Changing the Nomenclature/Taxonomy for Intersex: A Scientific and Clinical Rationale, five ISNA-associated experts recommend that all terms based on the root “hermaphrodite” be abandoned because they are scientifically specious and clinically problematic. The terms fail to reflect modern scientific understandings of intersex conditions, confuse clinicians, harm patients, and panic parents. We think it is much better for everyone involved when specific condition names are used in medical research and practice.

Intersex Society of North America

Glad I could help.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
They can call it...

CATlyn Jenner

top topics

<< 1   >>