It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw Superman vs Batman by famous oscars today and enjoyed it because

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have read comic books as a child

and elvis presley, a famous musician who worked for Nixon allegedly said this:

paraphrased
I grew up believing those comic books

Batman wins with a kryptonite spear and expensive doodads
Superman wins by using the same spear later on to kill a big monster made by American Ultra Facebook oscar Lex Luthor
America speaks English
Pop corn was sweet too and fine springwater
After the theater's expenses, I'm not sure the producers see that much money per viewer, so someone must be financing all those salaries. Beware of propaganda, there's also oscar from the babylonian ship
eh
Albanians call "Albanian" : [Schip], the bad guys are Russia like it's the eighties.
Wonder woman absolutely outhines senator oscar because she has a lasso of truth as per wonder woman by Marvel inc.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'll have what your having my friend clearly some strong drugs afoot

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Was on par with Age of Ultron, not amazing but not a train wreck.

I think Wonder Woman was the best part of the movie and the ending was a bit of a let down.

The biggest problem with this movie overall was how obvious it was that it only existed to set up the next movies, it was to distracted with trying to set up other movies that it forgot to be a good movie. That is why it was not as good as Avengers Assemble because Marvel never had that problem.

This movie was good but it felt to much like the Studio was play catch up with Marvel and failed.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Furthermore, & c.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have not seen it yet but was Ben a good batman? I know alot of people said he was going to suck.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I agree, I'm fairly new to the DC universe but I got the feel it was rushed to get it out of the way so that they can finally open up DC universe/multiverse.

I'm really looking forward to the future, heck they've done mini-cross over stuff between DC and Marvel... Thor comes to mind.

I'd like to add that I think Ben nailled Batman. Fun to see Batman be a badman

All in all, thoroughly enjoyed the movie and glad to see it out of the way. Hard to do justice in the league of epic stories and I think it went well.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
* Minor Spoilers *

They obviously were setting up for Darkseid, Injustice, and then Justice League.

Batman's dream sequence, Joker's "the last joke's on you," possibly suggesting that the Joker character has already been killed off in this "world," if you will. This all comes from an alternate timeline in which Joker kills Robin, as well as Batgirl, and Batman kills him - it also would explain why Batman was so unhinged/dark and killed about 35+ people throughout the film. Lex Luthor's warning at the end of the film, it's all setting up for Darkseid and Injustice - which is awesome, but if felt way too rushed.

The Flash comes to Batman in a scene and says, "Louis is the key, she is the key... am I too early? Am I too early? Louis is the key... you were right about him," and in my opinion he is referencing Superman - after all, Louis is killed and Superman falls from grace... and they are setting up for this.

With that said, the ending was particularly a disaster for me... killing off Superman and then teasing his return was ultimately pointless, and there are a few parts that really made my shake my head.

The bit in Africa where Superman is framed for killing a group of terrorists, which was absolutely absurd. First off - who gives a # of terrorists are killed? Secondly - why would Superman use guns? People are truly going to believe the son of Krypton is using guns? Just absurd.

When Superman is meeting with officials, and Lex leaves the "Granny's Peach Tea," for the senator to see and what comes of that was brilliant... and I did not see it coming.

Overall I enjoyed the film. I like Affleck is Batman and it felt more natural than the obviously scripted Bale - albeit he did quite well. Cavil plays a fantastic Superman, and if my theory is correct I cannot wait to see him portray a villain character. The main thing that took it away was the foreshadowing towards future events... Darkseid, Injustice, Justice League, and before any of this happens Brainac also makes an appearance, and Lex seemed to not play a major role in the film for being Superman's main enemy.

I don't know why with the absurd amount of money that's used in writing/directing these films how they cannot at the very least attempt to write a single, coherent and canon storyline in which they don't attempt to crossover and involve far too many character/plot devices that end up not having much of an effect due to being pulled from this plotline to another plotline - it makes the film very confusing, but I've watched it twice now and the second time I could actually keep up with things and notified a few things I didn't the first time.

The second time watching I realized Batman was shooting people in the head in his dream sequence, and then seeing the creations of Lexcorp it was so clear what was happening... and it is not mentioned again until the very end, and it's very obscurely put. This film was in my opinion D.C.'s jaded attempt to compete with the Avengers and eventually Infinity Wars with Injustice and the Justice League.

Source material will be butchered, it will be dumbed down to accommodate the "family scene," the CGI will be 90-95% of the film, it will be chalk full of predictability and cheesiness - but it's awesome to see comic books played out with the technology of today.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am seeing this tomorrow and I can't wait. This movie could be bad and I would still be happy just because it exists.
I also have no idea what the OP was about or what it meant.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I have not seen it yet but was Ben a good batman? I know alot of people said he was going to suck.

Amazing, the take on batman they have is really a big strong point of the movie.

I don't have any problems with the cast its more the story i take issue with and how desperate they were to set up sequels.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I thought he'd be good, again I have not seen the flick yet, I always like to see good batmans haha who remembers George Clooney take on it hahaha

You know Id love to see Frank Miller direct a batman movie.
edit on 31-3-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Did any of you read the OP, it is full of key words to get Google hits, the post doesn't make sense. Make sure you have a read all of it and you will understand.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jinn82

I initially stopped reading when he started quoting Elvis/Nixon. I guess I'll try to get through the rest, could you go into more detail about what exactly you're implying?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: saintdopeium

Something about Elvis Presley drinking spring water with Albanians, I think.

But anyways, I'm going to have to watch the movie again, because the first time around just didn't do it for me. Though Wonder Woman was pretty awesome, I must admit

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: On the level

Just some marijuana after the theater, really.

top topics

join