It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero Point Energy Is It A Viable Power Source

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IamSandSHEisB

The Egyption government wont allow further excavations regarding the Great Pyramid and Spynx so as to excavations, subterranean or otherwise, i dont hold out much hope.

Apparently there is a whole area of subterranean passages/caves located under the Giza plateau that have never been mapped or located during modern times. Think i read somewhere that one of fabled "Halls of Records" is supposedly located in the vicinity.

TPTB do seem to be hiding something regarding the area that they dont want us to know about.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Good topic for April Fool’s day, certainly.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

That's possibly what rather a few people would have said about the first detonation of a nuclear weapon or when Kennedy choose to go to the Moon if we had our interwebs back then on April Fool’s day.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I just had a fart going of in my brain...

To create mini black holes is "possible" somehow... Right

How about mini universe... If we can find out how the
universe we live in to day came to be. Then maybe we
can make one, like, scaled down.. Put it in a bottle and
tap it for energy...

Told u it was a fart... I think i actually saw it run out the
door...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: PickledOnion

Think there may be some links as to pyramids somehow being able to focus this type of energy field at there apex or base via harmonic vibrations but a lot of the information is considered to be pseudoscience or debatable at best.

If you read or hear the term "harmonic vibrations", assume the author is a lying bastidge or a fool, unless he's discussing musical instruments.

Why do you think the ground state of a system has a set frequency of "vibration", and what sort of "vibration" might that be?

"Vibes" as used in the new age style, which is what they're doing here with the term "harmonic vibrations", is a nonsense term. You can't mix that with physics, as physics uses the word in a totally different way.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

a reply to: swanne

Do you imagine there is or ever will be a viable method of tapping the field?

What is there to harness? It's the motion that's left at absolute zero. Not much else.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Well we have been studying ZPE field theoretically and experimentally since the discovery of quantum mechanics. There is pretty much no doubt that the Zero Point field is a real and has a physical effect. If we manage to harness this effect we would essentially be able to utilize the background radiation created during the formation of our Universe for our own energy demands and purpose. I think that would be the end game/goal but to be honest i dont know that much about the elusive force hence the thread.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, I wouldn't get my hopes up with pyramids. If you had a perfect directional coupler, who knows?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Like i said Bedlam and as you know the pyramid connection borders on pseudoscience same with the alleged harmonic vibrations they produce. Whats a "perfect directional coupler" how would it help regarding harnessing ZPE?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Like i said Bedlam and as you know the pyramid connection borders on pseudoscience same with the alleged harmonic vibrations they produce. Whats a "perfect directional coupler" how would it help regarding harnessing ZPE?

It's one theorized way to get some energy from ZPE. The issue is, a lot of theory would seem to indicate that there isn't much energy there to get, if you could. In which case, it's a waste of time.

OTOH, a lot of unexplainable gamma ray bursts could be someone who managed to do it...once.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

It's one theorized way to get some energy from ZPE. The issue is, a lot of theory would seem to indicate that there isn't much energy there to get, if you could. In which case, it's a waste of time.

OTOH, a lot of unexplainable gamma ray bursts could be someone who managed to do it...once.

hmmm.. if there's no energy in the ZPF, in any way,.....whats up with the Gamma Ray Bursts you be talking about. Where that energy be coming from?

I dunno, the problem with publicly researching this topic and speculating on it is that there's always the odds that some CSSO will show up and ruin all the fun in their various ways.

When it comes to this topic its better to just privately research on your own, hope for the best and leave it at that. In my opinion the best way to keep the sincerely inquisitive down is to isolate, obfuscate and then let them die on the vine from boredom in the hopes they go away and pick up a new hobby. Like gardening or something.

Speaking of, has anybody checked out the awesome plumeria photos I have for my avatar. I've recently gotten into gardening lately and grew those inside over the winter. Guess I was looking for a more reciprocative hobby than aerospace speculation. Now that itch to scratch isn't a mental one but a literal one from a bug bite or some caustic fertilizer concoction.

Yeah right. Of course I'm still gunna graze the alfalfa.
edit on 1-4-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Zero Point Energy as a viable power source doesn't make any sense.

Power is work over time: P = W / t

Work is the change (transfer) of energy: W = Delta E

This means for any power source you need an energy delta (two potentials). The transfer of energy from one potential to the other is work.

And ZPE is the lowest potential by definition -> zero point energy.

Or to put it differently. Imagine the universe being 1 million degrees hot everywhere. You couldn't harvest this energy. Why? You need something that is hotter or colder.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

hmmm.. if there's no energy in the ZPF, in any way,.....whats up with the Gamma Ray Bursts you be talking about. Where that energy be coming from?

A little more realistically, various high energy large mass stellar collapses, or maybe merger of neutron stars.

arxiv.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

A little more realistically, various high energy large mass stellar collapses, or maybe merger of neutron stars.

arxiv.org...

Just doesn't have the visual impact of some kindly octopus-looking thing on a dais announcing the dawn of a new day for EEp%%Orkians everywhere, just before he pushes the bright, red, jolly, candy-like button for the first and last time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join