It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would YOU want to die? Study reveals the 11 most important factors for dying well.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
I had a NDE at 7 years old (freshwater drowning). My father told me I was blue and bloated when some kid dragged me from the bottom of a pool and they pumped lots of water out of me plus CPR.

I remember it vividly. I was struggling for a time breathing in water and panic. Then a great calm came over me for a good 10-15 seconds before losing consciousness and a feeling of 'going home'. That is a very astounding thing for a 7 year old to conceptualise.

I have absolutely no fear of dying, only pain during the process. After death, I would prefer recycling to increasing my carbon footprint.

Yes, Yes, Yes. I had an auto accident in my twenties and as the car came speeding at me i had a great calm/peace. I remember thinking "so this is how I die". I would be leaving small children yet just complete peace.

I do believe that when the time comes there will be a peace and all is well.

How do I want to die...without pain and without drugs.

Even though I have many things left undone and failed in my goal, I understand I have made some progress and that has to suffice.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I'll probably die with these parting words, "Hold my beer".

Or on a tequila binge in a Vegas whorehouse.

Flip of the coin, actually.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Thank you, I don't think I've heard of John Lear, I will check out his youtube channel! (I find it hard to get familiar with names, I probably have heard of him, but, names and faces.
)

I will be honest and say that I have no personal, valid, reasons to believe the way that I do. There have been no experiences in my life to believe one way or the other about anything. I almost drowned when I was a child; at the beach, a massive wave splashing atop me and I couldn't work out how to get out, up was down, down was up, I didn't know where I was swimming. I still have "tidal wave" dreams to this day, all these years later, remnants of how scared I was back when. But it wasn't a near death experience.

I'm always open to reading other peoples accounts.

edit on 31 3 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My intial reaction to this thread question was one that the T&Cs wouldn't allow. I thought to myself, "I wouldn't want to find me." However, that isn't really the truth.

My Darlin' and me don't have kids and we never will. That means one of us is going to die alone. We've talked about this many times. I suspect we will both die looking into each other's eyes, with a smile, watching the poetry of the wind on the branches of the sea grape trees over the water.

As I watched the sea grape trees waving in the wind today it occured to me that not all poetry is expressed in words. The sea grape trees have six inch roundish leaves and they catch the wind in a manner that makes the branches move upward and down sharply. It seemed to me for a moment while my eyes were slitted that I was watching music conducted by the winds, music I couldn't hear but could only see. It was in allegretto tempo and I thought that if I were more evolved, I would be able to hear the music with my eyes.

That is how I want to die, watching the shine in my Darlin's eyes, accompanied by the symphony of nature.

It's something to hope for.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

That was poetry.

In life, if my wife died first, I'd die that day as well, no matter how many years I lived on.

I guess that's why I gave a smartass answer.

I can't contemplate the reality or gravity.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

A single headshot from a transsexual prostitute.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
DeathSlayer- You typed:

"So numerous lives using the same soul makes no sense."

My reply:

Not if there is actually only One of 'Us', then this makes perfect sense.

Signed,

Me, the "other You".

namaste

www.lawofone.info
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: bad link led to a bad stink..

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'd like a quick death, and preferably before I'm old and can't do stuff on my own any longer

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
My Darlin' and me don't have kids and we never will. That means one of us is going to die alone.

Sorry, this is one of the most depressing things I've ever read.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Please don't be sorry. It's a life my Darlin' and me have chose for each other. If she goes first, I will likely go with her, in whatever manner I can accomplish. I know she feels the same. It shouldn't be a depressing thing, but a testament to two semi-elderly folk who have run the race and have no worries about the end, because each of us have a lust for life that won't quit until the one candle blinks out. It's not a sadness. It's a celebration. I hope you share the same commitment. It's the best thing you'll ever fall to sleep thinking about.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
My research shows when the soul seperates from the body it is a tingling feeling. I read about numerous experiments with live people in final stages of death. They laid on table that weighed you by ounces....shortly after death the body weighed approx 2 ounces less. Meaning..... the soul weighs approx. 2 ounces? I do not know this to be true but many scientists have made this experiment and came up with similar results...

Is this what You refer?

www.historicmysteries.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.snopes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join